Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

A quick hello from a newbie

angelgirl7angelgirl7 Posts: 118
edited 29. Nov 2010, 14:02 in Say Hello Archive
Morning

I just wanted to stop by and say hello. My name is Beckie and I am a 34 year old mum of two. After 6 years home bringing up the children I am now a trainee Teaching Assistant, studying for my Teaching Assistant Diploma and volunteering in the local primary school.

On Monday, I was told that my recent x-ray on my hip has shown Osteoarthritis. I am now on the waiting list to the Orthopedic surgeon.

I am a little all over the place at the moment, and not sleeping so well cause my hip is fairly painful at the moment.

Hope to talk to you all soon
Beckie X

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello to you and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you have OA, I know that it can be very painful and uncomfortable (I have another form of arthritis) but you are certainly not alone here - there are many OAers about on AC! If you have any questions about treatment and operations etc then post on LWA - living with arthritis. That is the forum where all medical stuff is dealt with, and more people tend to look on there than here. I hope you are as well today as you can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768tjt6768 Posts: 12,170
    Hi Becky, welcome from me too...
    hope you enjoy the forum and find it useful

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tillytoptillytop Posts: 3,460
    Hello Beckie and welcome from me too.

I am sorry to hear about your OA diagnosis but I do hope that your othopaedic appt comes through soon.

As DD says, there are others with OA on the forum so you are in good company!

Tilly xxx