A quick hello from a newbie

angelgirl7
angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
edited 29. Nov 2010, 14:02 in Say Hello Archive
Morning

I just wanted to stop by and say hello. My name is Beckie and I am a 34 year old mum of two. After 6 years home bringing up the children I am now a trainee Teaching Assistant, studying for my Teaching Assistant Diploma and volunteering in the local primary school.

On Monday, I was told that my recent x-ray on my hip has shown Osteoarthritis. I am now on the waiting list to the Orthopedic surgeon.

I am a little all over the place at the moment, and not sleeping so well cause my hip is fairly painful at the moment.

Hope to talk to you all soon
Beckie X

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello to you and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you have OA, I know that it can be very painful and uncomfortable (I have another form of arthritis) but you are certainly not alone here - there are many OAers about on AC! If you have any questions about treatment and operations etc then post on LWA - living with arthritis. That is the forum where all medical stuff is dealt with, and more people tend to look on there than here. I hope you are as well today as you can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi Becky, welcome from me too...
    hope you enjoy the forum and find it useful

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Beckie and welcome from me too.

I am sorry to hear about your OA diagnosis but I do hope that your othopaedic appt comes through soon.

As DD says, there are others with OA on the forum so you are in good company!

Tilly xxx