NEED YOU ALL TO HOLD MY HAND TOMORROW

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 26. Nov 2010, 11:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Well tomorrow is D DAY :shock: I see my consultant tomorrow, its 2 yrs now since being told I need both hips replacing, and possible one knee :roll: I also have arthur in my spine.
I dont mind admitting I am TERRIFIED, but the main reason I have put of having any ops is because has some of you know, me and OH are bringing up our two granddaughters.
So what the future brings is not clear.
Pocket duties will be really appreciated, could one of you bring some brandy please :shock: :)
Love
Barbara xx
Love
Barbara

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Barbara,
    Wish you luck, hope it all turns out the way you want it too.
    All the best Poppy x
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Best of luck for tomorrow Barbara, hope it goes well. Will have a glug of brandy at hand for you.

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    AHA!!!

Barbara

I have a walking cane - loaned to us by a very odd friend - which has a secret space uder the skull handle (!) it is full of martell for you :D

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Of course we will be with you - I was going to start a thread but you beat me to it! I will bring the usual, strawbs and fizz, and I'll sneak in Mr DD's hip flask with some of the good stuff inside. I suppose the age of the grand-daughters is a factor, but I think you have to think about the benefits for YOU. YOu are the one who matters. Let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I will be there with you tomorrow, holding your hand, with my hip flask inthe other hand!
    I hope the appointment goes well for you, and it is your decision whether/when you have the surgery, your consultant is of course going to discuss your options. But, (easier said than done I know) try not to worry too much, as you are in control xxx
    I hope you have a warm coat with big pockets at the ready!!!
    NB
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Dear Barbara,

As I said on Chris's thread it is a difficult decision and you have to make a decision you are happy with. I didn't want an op but couldn't really back out so I decided to say yes and worry about it for a few months as the surgeon told me I could back out at any time and even on the morning of the operation.Comforted by that information I got to the morning of the op and decided I suppose I had better go ahead having dragged family to stay and sorted out a calendar of events for my 3 younger children.
    Everything went very well for me and I actually enjoyed the rest, being fed without the washing up and cooking and conversation with other ladies on the ward.

So my thoughts are with you Barbara,
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Barbara

Me n the little fella, Sol will be rooting for you with all our hearts/beans.....
    Minature of brandy too snuck in....

Good Luck

Elainex
    n

Sol - Ribbit!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    i'll be in your pocket also, best of luck with it. xxxxxxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Barbara

I will be ready for pocket duty too.

Hip flask and brandy as requsted

brandy snaps for me though as i dont like brandy.

Will bring something fizzy for me but wont shake bottle and make a mess promise

Juliepf x
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Remember, no one can - or will want to - make you do anything you don`t want to do. What I can promise you though is that once you have made a decision, regardless of what it is, you will feel so much better.

All the love and luck in the world Barb..........Ange.x.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    count me in got hamper from cafe so food for all what time we getting there have packed shower caps (got ducks on got the cheep) to keep crumbs off hair good luck val
    val
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    count me in , i will bring pretty cupcakes hope all goes well xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi Barbara,

count me in as well... i got custard creams, bourbons and the sheep so make sure you got very big and deep pockets... don't want them falling out :wink:

you see what the consultant says and then see whats best for you. i know the gk make it more difficult but there may be ways around stuff if you have to have it done. its really down to how much its impacting i guess.... sorry one handed but there was a question mark there.

try not to worry, don't be terrified as they wont do anything you haven't sanctioned, they can't decide for you. []'s and love Cris xx
  • spacey
    spacey Member Posts: 126
    Options
    wishing you well
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    I will be there in your pocket with you too and will be sending you calming vibes for your appointment.

Love Tilly xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Barbara :D

I'll definitely be in your pocket too. :wink: .... but with all the brandy sloshing about I think I'll bring some strong coffee for the pocket dwellers to keep them all in check. :lol:

I know you're worried about this appointment... but as others have said no-one but you knows what's best for you or can make the decision about whether to have any ops.

You've been so supportive for lots of us here and helped me through my last wrist op :wink: ...so no matter what you decide we will be there for you. :D

(((hugs)))

Iris xxx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Can I just say a very big thank you to Poppy, Tony, Toni, DD, Nb,Elizabeth, Elaine, Coco, Julie, Ange, Val, Bertyboy, Cris, Spacey, Tilly, and Iris.
    What lovely people you all are, I am really emotional reading all your post.
    I would never have believed that people you have never met could make such a difference to your life.
    I will take you all with me tomorrow at 10. 50...please dont let me drink to much brandy, or I might agree to something I shouldn't :)
    Love you all
    Barbara xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    You're more than welcome Barbara, if I can help anyone on here I will, I know I've been helped...

Tony :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,945
    Options
    Hi Barbara.
    count us in as well i will be your shadow.
    if you have it done no arther pain there no more just pain you can control and in time it go's.
    you do whats best for you.
    take care i sent you a pm to ask when you were having it done. i will be thinking about you tomorrow.
    joan sue. xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    What time are we on?

It's gonna be chillly so need to wrap up.

He wont operate anyway - he'll be too busy checking your liver for damage due to overindulgance of BRANDY :wink:

Can I have a hold of Sol please Elaine?

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thank you Joan and Lynn for your kind words
    Toni do you know something I dont...he aint operating tomorrow :lol: no way..
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Consider it held squeezed patted and a gentle spanish kiss. As my leg is getting better I am now known as Juan Crutch.Best of luck Qerida :wink::wink::wink::wink:
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Im here for pocket duties too.
    Ive got smelly egg & cucumber sarnies & a lg flask of tea. I'll add some Brandy to it in the morning.
    Think we'll all be a bit tipsy during your consultation :shock: But we'll try to be quiet.
    Hope it goes well tomorrow
    debs
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi there Barbara

Sorry - only just checked the forum so only just seen this thread..

You will be in very good hands tomorrow.. I was nervous when I went too, but in fact I didn't even get undressed, they just looked at the x-rays and could see how bad my hip was..

Hope you have better weather than me though - when I saw the consultant for the first time last December it was snowing, and the clinic was running late, so I sat looking out of the window at the blizzard and was more worried about whether I would make it home than being seen by the consultant!!
    It was very picturesque but quite stressful!!

Looking forward to your update tomorrow Barbarba..I'll be thinking about you...

Marion xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Barbara

Sorry to be so late but I do so hope you have a helpful appointment tomorrow. I will be holding your hand love, I know how you feel. Best advise my eldest niece gave me still only in her third year med school was to get on the list knowing you can cancel nearer the time if you still don't feel ready. Think we both know we should bite the bullet. Didn't quite happen like that for me today but hope you are given the time to talk it through.
    I will be thinking of you. (((( ))))
    love
    Chris xx