POCKET DWELLERS PLEASE

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 29. Nov 2010, 15:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
An update.....got my physio appointment for Monday......{this is Friday!!!!} That was quick.....didnt come from the consultant...his secretarys letter was only going to be posted yesterday at the earliest so it must be the GP giving them a bit of a kick.....I was told 6 weeks??
Its an assessment the first time.....so a bit aphrensive.....surgery/physio/medication????????????? or something i havent thought of LOL
Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ummm, I think I'm right in saying that physios shouldn't attempt surgery :D nor should they prescribe drugs :D so I reckon they will just pull and push and prod and poke and try to establish ONCE AND FOR ALL just what the **** is going on with you - back or hip? Hip or back? It's a good thing that it's come thro so quickly, hileena, the sooner things can get sorted the better for you. Of course we will be there, all in our best gym kit. What time are we on parade? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi hileena

Good luck with the physio, yep I will be ready for pocket duty.

Gym stuff a bit tatty , havent been since the 80s hope it still fits :lol:

juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Morning. will be there for ya, in mi lycra cycling shorts :oops: :shock: lol, and a bright green sweatband!!

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Good luck for Monday
    As its your !st time they will assess you find out where it hurts & how bad & plot it out on a little man/woman diagram! Mine had little crosses everywhere!
    I was asked what my pain score was (0 no pain 10 worst imaginable) I replied well that depends its different in different parts of my body luckily she found the funny side to that!
    It does seem daunting but really it isnt make sure you take yor painkillers before you go
    Best wishes
    Maria x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Hileena
    I will be in your pocket, would you like some brandy...there was a little bit left :):)
    I do hope it all goes well for you, and they can do something to make your back easier.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thnks for all your replies.....at least it is just an assessment so hopefully will not be hauled and pulled about too much :(
    Hopefully I'll know a bit more when I leave......bit by bit I'm getting there
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi Delboy
    Good luck with the rheumy on Monday.
    Sorry I cant be there
    Love
    hileena
  • hileena111
    I'm just re reading your posts and the mind boggles at the thought of you lot in lycra LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Me n Sol will be ready too, shivering like hell but determined to be there....Need a hot water bottle!!!

Elainex
  • hileena111
    Me n Sol will be ready too, shivering like hell but determined to be there....Need a hot water bottle!!!

Elainex

Yep you'll be freezing Elaine and poor little sol The snow has been here for 3 days now
    I'll try and find a hot water bottle for you
    Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    hileena111 wrote:
    I'm just re reading your posts and the mind boggles at the thought of you lot in lycra LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
    Well I don't know what you find funny about this......p015.gifUGHHHHHH!!!!!

Lol

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • elainebadknee
    OMG

Tony, please tell me its lycra shorts and not Speedo's, two sizes too small???? Spot the pigeon....HA!!!!

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    HI Hilleena

We aint got the snow but ne has got it bad aint it? I have a mini hot water bottle the little dude can snuggle up to.....

Elainex

Yep you'll be freezing Elaine and poor little sol The snow has been here for 3 days now
    I'll try and find a hot water bottle for you
    Love
    Hileena[/quote]
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Hileena

I will be there in spirit lass though only if I can wear me thermals under the lycra! :?
    Hope it is a very gentle assessment at this stage and you start to get a few answers for the next plan of campaign. Well done on all the chasing things up recently.
    We are all hoping this is the start of better times.
    take care
    love
    Chris
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Hileena :D

so glad you don't have to wait any longer to be seen by physio. :D good for you for chasing!

I'll be with you too on Monday snow or no snow :wink: . n014.gif

me in lycra? ...ahemmm, I think not.... but I can certainly take the pics. :lol:

Iris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hileena

I will be right there with you!

I am so glad it is so very quick - just be very careful.....

Get a lift if you can or use your scooter and if there is the first slight sign of anything painful I will leap (yes I said leap!) out and get 'em :wink:

LOve

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, You'r having a busy afternoon with all that and the poor physio having to operate and who's doing the anasthetic, the chiropodist? Sorry, wicked sense of humour, hope all goes well and they help you! Is Your pocket fur lined, or should I wear my Mother in laws old mink coat and I'll need my wellingtons, the only trouble is they'r in the shed and have had a dead mouse in them, hope your pocket dosn't mind?????? Lots of love Sue xxxx :lol::lol::lol: GOOD LUCK!!
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Hileena,
    I will be there, still got some leg warmers, purple or puce...don’t ask! :oops:
    Good luck and give them your list of where and when pains.
    Lv, Ix
  • hileena111
    Hi...thanks everyone....be sure to wrap up well and bring hot waterbottles....the snow is still here and it is forecast for another fortnight :(
    Peter is taking me........its 20 miles....but its easy to get to but no way am i getting behind the wheel of a car in this weather.
    I think Mink coat, wellies, leg warmers, ....regardless of the colur :P lOL, thermals and plenty of flasks of hot drinks.
    Oh Toni the thought of you leaping out makes me laugh :lol::lol: ....Hope you enjoyed you day away

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    OMG

Tony, please tell me its lycra shorts and not Speedo's, two sizes too small???? Spot the pigeon....HA!!!!

Elainex
    What on Earth do you mean, lol they're my lycra speedos that I wear in Espana. They're all the rage there you know...
    Lol
    Hileena. Take it or leave it, either I go with you in my speedos or I stay at home :shock: :lol:

Tonyx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    Hi Tony,
    You wear your speedos LOL.....and come....please....Something to have a giggle at :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Tony,
    You wear your speedos LOL.....and come....please....Something to have a giggle at :lol:

Love
    Hileena
    well it IS cold outside :oops: :oops: :roll: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Hileena (if your physio's are anything like mine .. and we know how much things can differ!!) you will have a double appointment for your first one. They will take all your medical details, question you on pain and function. So be prepared to say where you have pain, what it feels like and what brings it on. They will assess your strength/range of movement and if time set you some exercises ...

So good luck for Monday and let us know how you get on.

SPeedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Hileena

Just wishing you luck for tomorrow as I said before I am allready and geared up :D

Juliepf xx