Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Updates to the Online Community
We are updating the Online Community on Sunday 24th January. You can read the details about the update here.

Cold weather payments

hels78hels78 Posts: 60
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of help please.
I have looked on direct.gov about cold weather payments and my postcode has triggered a payment, however I'm not sure if I get one or not.
I am receipt of Incapacity benefit (long term rate) and DLA higher mobility and middle rate care.
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• hels78hels78 Posts: 60
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks for your help.
    Am nowhere 60, so that is out!
    What a shame that disabled peple are overlooked for cold weather payments when most would really benefit from them.
    I guess I'll have to keep the heating on and worry about how much it will cost me later!
  • helpline_teamhelpline_team Posts: 1,964
    Dear hels78

Thank's for your posting.

Having looked at the DWP site it doesn’t mention Incapacity benefit or DLA as being one of the benefits relating to a cold weather payment. See http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytaxandbenefits/benefitstaxcreditsandothersupport/inretirement/dg_10018668.

It may be worth ringing your local job centre plus though (see http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Jobseekers/ContactJobcentrePlus/DG_186347 ) to double check this.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Nick
  • hels78hels78 Posts: 60
    Thanks Nick
  • h201980h201980 Posts: 1
    Hello im 30 years old on JSA only, although i am indeed young i still need to keep warm and my heating bill is though the roof as i pay by gas prepay meter. i only get so much money and i can only afford to put so much in gas, my gas has nearly run out and i have not eaten much as i have taken money from my food money to top up the gas, would a JSA person get help? as we are on low incomes too. i have tried to keep warm by putting extra layers on and keep moving, but the temp in the room needs to be a standard temp before this works.
    i asked today in my local jobcentre but they was useless.

anyone know anything else as i have £10 left! do i eat or do i keep warm :!: