Dorcas was drained today

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 4. Jan 2011, 01:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Afternoon all, I have heard from our lovely girl and she has given me permission to give you all an update.

She had her right knee drained today, and it was painful. She has an appointment for January 6 for the day ward, with a view to having her left knee done then if it is still in need. She is hoping that having had her right knee done things will ease on that side and her hip will feel better too. Her meth has been increased and she is back to fortnightly bloods - we all know how much of a bind they are.

dorcas my lovely, I know EXACTLY what it is like and you have my every and deepest sympathy. I am twanging with it too - never mind sympathetic labour pains, I do the sympathetic knee draining pains! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    DD thanks very much for keeping us updated about Dorcas.
    It's great news that you had your knee drained, I know it was painfull but hopefully it will give you some relief when it settles down. With that and the increase in your methotrexate fingers crossed for a less painful start to 2011.
    Big hugs always. rita
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Iris my love we are all with you, I really do hope that you get some relief from the draining.
    Hopefully you will get some rest tonight, you take care and keep warm.
    Sending loads of healing hugs (((((((())))))
    love
    Barbara xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Thanks for the update DD.

Thinking of you Iris.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Thanks DD
    wishing you well Iris and hopes that you feel the benefits very soon xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Thanks DD

Iris - I'm thinking about you and hoping you see an improvement with your knee(s) soon..

Marion xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning dorcas, I hope you spent a more comfortable night. Thinking of you. DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Iris,

So glad they did it flower. Leaving you a bit of healing cdm and some old ice drenched dandelions (you would think Toni would keep them a bit better protected from the ice wouldn't you?! :wink: (((( )))) and a cuppa Cris xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    She had a dreadful night. dorcas, hang on in there my lovely, it will pass - all things do. I am thinking of you very, very much. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Iris.
    i hope your pain has carmed down now and you are feeling a bit better.
    joan xx :))
    take care
    joan xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Thank you DD for your update on dorcass

Iris I hope you are feeling a little better this afternoon and that you have managed to have a few catnaps to make up for a dreadful night.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    hi Iris you really are going through it with all these ops and treatments I am hoping you are feeling much better today and am thinking about you happy christmas heres to a better year :))
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning gorgeous, I hope you had a better night. I am thinking of you. DD

t07117.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Iris
    Hope you are feeling much better today
    Love juliepf x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Iris,

Thinking of you

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Iris,

I do hope you are feeling a little better today. I am so pleased to hear that Dr. Gupta is taking such care of you. It makes all the difference when the Dr cares so much. I have everything crossed for you Iris; I do hope your January appointments give you more relief and reassurance.

My love and best wishes for a wonderful Christmas day to you and your family,
    Many gentle hugs,
    Lv, Ix
  • tillytop
    Hello Iris

Just dropped in to say "happy christmas" and really hope things are improving for you.

Thinking of you.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Merry Christmas Dorcas. I do hope you are able to rest and that the pain has subsided. Knee drains normally relieve the pressure so I hope it starts to work for you soon.

Elizabethx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Have a restful Christmas Elna take it easy and snuggle in front of that telly thinking of u cyber hugs healing vibes your way x joanne
    Joanne
  • barbara12
    Hello Iris
    Just to wish you a lovely Christmas,and a much healthier and peaceful New Year.
    Sending you lots of very warming hugs (((((((())))))
    Hope you are feeling a bit better
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning, 'tis I, Diabolic Damsel, popping in to wish you a very Happy Christmas: I hope that right knee is feeling easier now and that you continue to be on the up as the infection dies away. Have a lovely day please, those are Dr DD's orders! Take care my lovely and keep getting better. ((()))
  • tillytop
    Hello Iris

Just popped in again to say "hello" and really hope you are managing to enjoy your day.

Thinking of you.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Iris,

my expert 'reindeer' borrowed the sleigh before it was put up for the year and we have left you a ton of buckets of rainbows and healing as well as some of the secret dandelions... (one day Toni's gong to work this one out and plant Docks here as payback :lol::lol: )

Hope things are better flower and a special bucket of hopes.... ((((( ))))) Cris xxx
  • barbara12
    morning Iris
    Just popping in to send you some more hugs..warming ones and healing just for you..(((((())))
    I do hope you are feeling a little better....much better would be good.
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Hello Iris

Hope you had a nice day yesterday and are feeling some benefit in your knees..

Marion xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Iris,

Happy Boxing Day. I do hope you have managed to munch your way through the day. Fingers crossed that your knees are a lot easier today. It is still freezing here so I have not ventured out as yet. Will have to soon as some supplies needed for the family do we are having on Wednesday. Who said kids eat less?? :))

Gentle hugs,
    Lv, Ix