Dorcas was drained today

Options
2»

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Iris hope your joints gave you a break and you had a good Christmas day and boxing day.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sorry dorcas, I am hellishly late today: computer now on top floor (due to the invasion of the rellies) and I have spent the day on the ground floor (due to complete collapse of joints). Sodding stairs. I hope you have had a good day and that things are continuing to ease - even if it's only slowly. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Iris

I hope that things have eased for you, at least a tad.

Gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI IRis

sending hugs your way

Wonky xxx((((((((()))))))))))
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Iris,

Just chucking in some more ((((())))) and hopes. Cris and g045.gif xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Iris
    Just popping on to say hope your knee has settled down and that you had atleast a few hours over the christmas period pain free.
    Sending lots of hugs ((((())))) and hope you are ok.
    Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning gorgeous, I hope all is as well as it can be. DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Iris,
    I do hope you are managing to rest up and I am sure you are being well looked after. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and will be on pocket duties in January.

Lots of warm hugs,
    Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thinking of you - I sincerely hope that things are on the up. DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Damsel, Ironic, Cris, Julie PF, Tilly, Elizabeth, Joanne,Barbara, Marion, Speedy, Elna, Wonky, Joan, Lavenderlady, Berty and Rita. :grin: I hope I haven't missed anyone out... :wink:

Thank you all so much for all of your lovely encouraging messages and for your continued support for all this time. You have given me such a lift...thank you! :grin:

The 'draining' and steroid jab in my right knee has had limited effect but nonetheless I am grateful that it has made walking and especially sleeping a little easier.

The overall flare continues and I guess won't be brought under control until the rheummys start me off on some other meds. So far I've had the Amatriptyline doubled to 50mg and the Mtx jabs increased to 20mg, but I've to wait until they're sure I'm tolerating the increased Mtx before being given Leflunomide and whatever else they decide might help.

I'm back at the Day Ward on the 6th to have my left knee jabbed and then out patients on 12th for a review so I hope to know more then.

Thanks a lot everyone.... you are all great. :grin: I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. x:rudolf

Iris xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Iris,

Wish it had worked better for you but this lot will always be there ad support you when ever you need it.

Booked a corner for the 6th and 12th and leaving a ton of ((((( )))))'s and a bucket of healing vibes so your knee gets the message and backs off! Sleep well Cris xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi iris
    Glad you are able to sleep a little better but sorry that the procedure hasn't been as sucessful as you (and I) had wished.
    Will be in your pocket on the 12th but thinking of you on the 6th as i too have an appointment.(neck aaarrrgghh)
    Anyway hope you are able to rest and take care of yourself.
    Thinking of you
    love juliepf x
  • ironic
    Options
    Hi Iris,
    Lovely to hear from you although I wish things were a little easier for you. Glad to hear that you are able to sleep more comfortably.
    I will be there on the 6th and 12th and once again I am really pleased the Dr there is taking such an interest in your treatments.
    Wishing you a far better start to 2011,

gentle hugs,

Lv, Ix
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Iris pleased you are getting some better sleep ,which hopefully will help with the bigger issues , i will be in the pocket on the 6th with the rest and with you in spirit on the 12 th which is my appointment day xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Afternoon my lovely, my apologies for not looking in before now: how are things? I hope you are feeling much better than you have been. DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi berty, Chris, Ironic, JuliPF and DD. :grin:

hope you all had a lovely Xmas and New Year. :))

I'm much the same, thanks for asking....and looking forward to my next draining (how sad is that :lol: ).

I bought meself a memory foam mattress from the tinternet in an attempt at improving the night time hourly watch. Arrived next day which was impressive!
    I've had three sleeps on it thus far but I think it'll take a bit of getting used to! it's very comfy and it moulds itself beautifully to my shape...but I'm finding it difficult to turn over from my 'impression' . :roll: the memory pillow is wonderful though for a sore neck. :wink:

(((hugs))) everyone!

Iris xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Iris nice to see you about memory foam is a lovely thing , hopefully you will get more sleep as time goes on xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • ironic
    Options
    Hi Iris,

Happy New Year to you and yours.
    I hope the last bits of snow have now gone. I had not thought about the memory foam mattress fighting back. It’s a bit sneaky of it. :)) :))

I’m glad the pillow is a bit kinder though.
    Not long to your appointment on the 6th will be there as long as you remember I don’t like the smelly cheese pocket.

Lots of hugs back to you.
    Lv, Ix
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Iris
    I am so sorry things are not much better for you,hopefully the next draining will help,and even more your rheumy appointment.
    Sending you all the hugs and good vibes you need..(((((((())))))
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hello Iris

Hope you can get some improvement on 6th.

Interesting that you are finding the memory foam pillow useful - I was looking at them the other day.. I might give one a try.

I got a kindle for christmas and it's excellent for my hands (and it also reads most of the books out loud if you want - albeit in an american computerised male or female voice)..

Take care

Marion x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Hi Iris, I'm happy to hear you're finding a bit of comfort from the memory foam. I've got both the matress and pillow and really feel it when I have to sleep in a bed without them when I go visit my family. I have a thingy that fits under the matress and comes up at the side of the bed (a bit like a hospital bed sides) which I grab to help me turn over and find it really good. I got it from OT. Worth getting if you don't already have one.
    Best of luck on 6th. I'll be keeping everything crosse for you.
    big hugs, rita.