Santa's other, special little gift for us . . .

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. Dec 2010, 20:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
is payback. I have my dose of it now, in spades. I hope the rest of you are all OK. Take care, please, and look after yourselves. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh no!!!!!!

and you have a housefull x:shock: DD how will you manage? Mr DD will no doubt help as much as he can....but....oh !

Thinking of you

Love

toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sorry you are suffering.....yep I have overdone things again...but at least today I can take it easy....we made sure that boxing day will be quiet....now I have spoke...just you watch everyone will descend on us....is the den open.. x:)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Yep - know the feeling DD - and I'm not doing any hard work - everyone else is waiting on me!

Hope you have an easier day today DD

BW

Marion
  • dreamdaisy
    edited 27. Dec 2010, 02:01
    Options
    Girl flu? GIRL FLU? You 'avin' a larf? Nah, me joints are shot. Completely b*****ed. My hips don't hurt (they never have) (so far) but the rest? I am stuffed to the gunnels on morphine and am lovingly eyeing the Oromorph - but I'll save that for when things get really bad. Mr DD is currently in the early stages of preparing lunch: his brother is kindly gracing us with his presence (ie he wants feeding) then my spouse is leaving for the footy, followed by the pub. That leaves me with the Aged Ps for a good few hours. Deep, deep joy. We three can compare tablets, that should be entertaining and will fill in a stretch of time but I will win on the meds front 'cos I have needles to play with and they don't! Hah! Laugh? There goes another rib. Arthritis: the gift that keeps on giving. DD
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Oh DD

Sorry to see you suffering today and not exactly having a wild time of it generally by the sound of things! :roll:
    Yep this old arther doesn't much like it's routine being disturbed and someone here has just suggested a walk? Hmmm!
    Hang in there love, am hoping tomorrow is a better day for you.
    very gentle (((( )))))'s don't want to hurt those poorly ribs.
    Chris
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sorry you are suffering....I am but not with arthur for once...a bug of sorts.....started to get really bad yesterday and by last night I was really grotty.....still feel bad today and we have a family party to go to so I'm sending the rest to it and I'm staying at home
    Take care and keep warm
    Love
    Hileena
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Ohhh, your poor thing! I'm sorry you are suffering. Was yesterday worth it, at least? I was wiped out and I didn't even do that much yesterday, I slept 14 hours last night.

x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi DD,
    Sorry to hear things have gone downhill for you. I hope lunch went better than you thought it would.
    Put a film on and ply said parents with sherry trifle, with luck they will be snoring gentle by teatime. x:wink:

Lv, Ix

Beep Beep from Jessicar.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Oh you poor sausage (that's meant to be a term of endearment by the way :grin: ). But, as always you have made me laugh with your indomitable sense of humour DD.

Thinking of you.

Tilly xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    hope you're doing ok hun.. :))
    Bloody bugger that Arthur is eh? He gave me two very sore and stiff knees for Christmas... I really didn't want anything from him..

Take it easy luv
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Well you didn't have to wait long for that gift to excel itself did you?! No doubt hastened by the aged Ps. I really think you should lace their tea with vodka ... by the time they are waking Mr DD should be home and since he has been via the pub he'll not notice ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your messages of encouragement and symnpathy. To those who have been/are also sufffering I send my deepest, heartfelt empathy: it really isn't a case of 'Tis the season to be jolly . . ', it's more a case of 'Tis the season to be completely ****** up, fa-la-la-la-laaaa, la-la -la la!'. (As I have been singing, and not that quietly either.) The footy was cancelled, Mr DD was not a happy boy, MIL was delighted as her little lamb stayed at home, BIL b*****ed off as soon as he decently could (catch him putting himself out at Christmas? Not bloody likely), my mum has bossed and organised and re-arranged my house and told me what it is that I am doing wrong (everything, apparently, I have even been told how to do my H tomorrow - ! Oh yeah, she's spent many a day shooting up with humira, really makes her an expert). I am exasperated beyond all reason and I have found out today that what I thought in the past was pain actually wasn't - that was all just mild aching. On the other hand, someone else on the forums has tonight swallowed 80mgs of meth (on purpose, not by accident). I don't have any problems at all, not compared to that. I don't hold with the view that there is always someone worse off than oneself: it may well be true but what is the relevance? If one is struggling, one is struggling. Simples. We all have our problems but occasionally - just once in a while - it is relevant. I have little to complain about, really. But it is nice to grumble. DD
  • sunnyhours
    sunnyhours Member Posts: 151
    Options
    Don't worry DD, you aren't the only one having a bad time with the pain...My left hand (I'm a lefty) has been playing tricks on me all week, not to mention my back isn't getting any better :P
    Hopefully on New Year's I'll get to see my uncle who's got a bad back too (not arthritis though, disc hernia) and we'll trade meds :lol: Also a little bubbly might help :))
    I actually learned to see through the pain and still appreciate my christmas :shock:
    Have a good one, and Happy Holidays to all! x:D
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    morning DD i hope you are getting some relief now , it can be hard work just trying to be jolly , when you are in pain at least you know somebody elses day got spoil with the footy being cancelled not the same as being in pain i know , you could invite the folks back for a jab party and see who the brave ones are that would wimp out , hope fully your new years weekend will be better for you xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    New Year? I loathe New Year, with all its forced gaiety and jollity. We will still have the mums with us, so we will all be tucked up by 10.30. That's am, not pm, judging by the way our mums snooze. Mine's wide awake from about 11.30pm to 6am, then sleeps all day. MIL sleeps all night, like a log, then nods off for odd hourly spells during the day. It's a riot round ours. DD
  • alarkra
    alarkra Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Oh DD, I am so sorry to hear that you have had a rough Christmas, you have my complete empathy. x:(

Today I have been feeling the payback myself - I've been firing at all cylinders for the past 3 weeks trying to keep up with everyone at parties and social events (still not told everyone about my RA, it does put a dampener on the party when you tell someone), so Christmas Day afternoon the extreme fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks and I've not really been able to wake up since. Then today it's the knees and elbows which are really giving me gip... I also think that all of this is due to the steroid jab I had in Nov (the all-over one) which took 2 weeks to kick in and then when it did I had vertigo for another 2 weeks (which I thought was a coincidence, but now realise that it was due to the jab), so I have had a better 3 weeks to try and do the social bit once the vertigo wore off, but now the positive effects of the jab are officially wearing off.... :roll:

This is my first Christmas with my RA in full swing... can't say I'm a big fan really. Sending you all hugs and hope that you have managed to have some windows of time which have allowed you to enjoy the festive period. x:rudolf
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi DD,

Flower that wasn't from Santa... you had a hit by the Grinch :wink:

The thing is with both Mum's and the stress of Christmas we do too much...... I am lucky in that respect but this lot make it hard as well.

I rally hoe you got some decent sleep, got so time for you an are feeling a tad better?

Just checking the hug bucket... well kicked it to work a bit better for you and leaving some buckets of DD feel better drafts and a ((())) Cris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI DD

so sorry you struggling big time just now. I think most of us have been struggling with payback of some kind or another, but yours sounds truly dreadful, and I hope it goes soon for you.

As for visiting family ........ enough said :wink: I can empathise heartily, but can't put my reality into words or I'd be liable to getting the boot from here :oops: :wink:

huge hugs
    Wonky xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh skezier, I have been drawing heavily upon my hug bucket - I am a very lucky DD to have such a thing and I deeply appreciate it. I have stabbed myself with H and am now settling down for the night. I haven't got around to my new deadmau yet - I am highly peeved about that.

wonky? You there? Would one or two of these help? ((())) Christmas can be a tough time, but the support of one's friends on here really helps. Come and join barbara12, cherrybim and me in the opium den - it's luvverly! Thinking of you. DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi DD,

Sometimes the buckets just need a kick :wink: I made them my self and well I was trained by Mr. Heath Robinson...... :lol::lol:

I so hope you are not thinking double matricide?! Is that what its called?! :lol::lol:

You hang in there girl cus hey will go home... this lot are pushing me and they live here so are you u for a swap.... oh and have I got a painfully demanding person I can chuck in as well if your up for it?! :lol::lol::lol:

Al I can say is estuary mud and cliffs... it will mean nothing but it don;'t half help to be able to do really good visualization :wink:

I really hope you will feel a lot better soon and get a good night. (((((((((( )))))))))) and a kick for the bucket as well as a turn up on how often its got to hug you.... its bottomless at any rate. Cris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Estuary mud and cliffs :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh Cris thank you so much! My first smile today .... well I lie, the second actually. The first one was an inward one when father announced his intention of departing for home tomorrow morning. So I'll leave you to ponder the possibilities of estuary mud and cliffs, as I appear to have no need of them right now :wink:

DD - thank you so much for the hugs - I know how hard it is to share them when in need yourself - they were much appreciated

I would wish you all to know that I do love my dad (but in small doses) and I think the feeling is mutual because he swore at the TV when they said there was a train strike here tomorrow :o ........ but thanks to an internet enabled phone I was able to reassure him that he could catch a train home :lol::lol::lol:

hugs to all who are under the weather at the mo, and wishing for a better year ahead for us all.

hugs
    WOnky xxxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    morning DD i so hope you are getting some rest , i didnt realize that your rellys were hanging on for a few more days , just keep telling your self at the end of each day ,THATS ONE DAY DONE , be gentle with your self xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning DD
    I do hope now that you are feeling much better and apologise for being late seeibng this.
    It must be very hard for you looking after two mums, fetching and carrying all the time. Please take time for your self too when you can.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    If my MIL complains once more that 'The Professionals' is a repeat I will ^&*)*^&^R$&T* followed by a burst of (*&YR and then some &%£"$%^* to make me feel really better. I then have to remind myself that yes, she is 90 and yes, she does walk far far better than me (actual quote - 'I don't need a stick dear, I'm not a cripple.' She has one, won't use it, prefers to hold onto me, who needs two) but this is no reason to be narky.

If my mother sits thro one more meal, eating with her eyes closed, I shall blindfold her for the whole day. She talks to me (and others) with her eyes closed, then complains I am reading the paper 'cos she's bl**dy opened them to see I am not looking at her. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Basic rule of conversation and general social interaction, Mother -maintain eye contact. SIMPLES.

bertyboy has mentioned on CC that she missed her mum very much this Christmas, and I know I shouldn't be complaining but . . . .

Yes skezier, double matricide is the term. Holloway here I come. DD
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    x:lol: x:lol: x:lol:
    Oh DD I can just imagine it

You poor thing. Hang in there my friend

Juliepf x