Santa's other, special little gift for us . . .

Options
2»

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    If my MIL complains once more that 'The Professionals' is a repeat I will ^&*)*^&^R$&T* followed by a burst of (*&YR and then some &%£"$%^* to make me feel really better. I then have to remind myself that yes, she is 90 and yes, she does walk far far better than me (actual quote - 'I don't need a stick dear, I'm not a cripple.' She has one, won't use it, prefers to hold onto me, who needs two) but this is no reason to be narky.

If my mother sits thro one more meal, eating with her eyes closed, I shall blindfold her for the whole day. She talks to me (and others) with her eyes closed, then complains I am reading the paper 'cos she's bl**dy opened them to see I am not looking at her. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Basic rule of conversation and general social interaction, Mother -maintain eye contact. SIMPLES.

bertyboy has mentioned on CC that she missed her mum very much this Christmas, and I know I shouldn't be complaining but . . . .

Yes skezier, double matricide is the term. Holloway here I come. DD
    we have had those sort of days to DD so i know where you are coming from xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sorry, bertyboy, it does feel wrong to grizzle but I guess that's life, yes? You have yours, I have mine, we kinda overlap 'cos of here but I do feel a twinge of guilt for grumbling. Doesn't tinterweb make the world weird, sometimes? It enhances one's life whilst introducing a whole new raft of ethical dilemmas. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • alarkra
    alarkra Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Morning DD.

I do hope the H kicks in very soon and offers your some relief. I sounds like you've really had a difficult Christmas and I wish that other members of your family appreciated what you have done for them while you are struggling so much.

I empathise with the 90 year old being able to walk without a stick and being rather insulting to you - 'I don't need a stick dear, I'm not a cripple.' I mean, it's just downright insulting and selfish of you MIL to be so self absorbed and not see how you are seeing how poorly you are - my 90 year old grandmother is still mentally all there, can still touch her toes & put her palms flat on the floor and is only suffering with slight sight loss, which to be honest, if that's all that she has wrong at 90, then she's doing extremely well! Yet she finds any excuse to grumble about her life and doesn't get how mine has been totally screwed up so early on and is also oblivious to other people close to her who are genuinely struggling through life and not even close to 90 yet... it really upsets my father. If I ever get to touch my toes again, that will be a fabulous day! This year she went away for Christmas for the first time, so we didn't have her for Christmas day... it was nice, I'm not going to lie!

Sending you all much-needed hugs ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))). Sorry I haven't been around to support you all as much as I usually do... I don't really have a good enough excuse to justify it. So have another batch of hugs to add to your buckets as my attempt to make it up to you all! (((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))). xx :))
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The world is a different place when one is ninety but has a lifetime of good health upon which to reflect. The restrictions of age must weary one, when one has been used to being fit and able. Thank God I won't have to face that. I will be a whiskered and gin-soaked raddled old bag, whizzing erratically along on my electric scooter. At the rate I'm going that'll be June next year. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi DD,

90 is an kong age no matter how fit and healthy you have been. I think that's the trouble.... 90 must make the brain a bit off kilt? Hell mine started doing that at 40 :lol::lol::lol:

The other problem is its easier sometimes to have someone else's mother than our own.....

I hope you got a decentish night and well will race you on a quad.... I need a quad.... do you think OT would help with one :wink: ((((( ))))) and have just suppered on cdm :grin: xx