DD HOW'S THINGS?

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 2. Jan 2011, 14:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi DD
How are you this morning? Hope you are feeling a bit better and that arthur is leaving you alone for a while......well as much as he ever does :x
Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Morning hileena, how sweet of you to think of me, I am touched (well, we all know that, don't we?) Things aren't good. Never mind, eh? It doesn't matter. I have the humira tonight, followed by the meth on Wednesday which will, of course, fully restore me to just moderately poorly, instead of my current level of extremely poorly. Once we are shot of the houseguests (come Saturday) I hope to be able to return to mildly poorly. That'd be good, but I am not banking on it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pennycrayon
    pennycrayon Member Posts: 69
    sorry to hear you aren't feeling great. Sending you a very gentle hug and i hope you feel better soon
    xxx
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Sorry just getting back to this now.......Of course we know you are touched :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously......It must be a pain having the house guests {even if it is mothers} as well as arthur giving you pain.
    Hope the Humira helps tonight

Love Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning hileena and thank you: yes, I am fully restored to moderately grotty and I am about to go downstairs and face the onslaught of breakfast. Santa's little gift thread explains some of the difficulties of life at the moment. Pass the sherrry, there's a sweetie. DD needs a glug.
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Tut, tut DD, the sherry'll give you a headache, you'll be far more chilled out in the den. I shall go there shortly, my foot is itching like blue blazes but it's impossible to scratch, wrapped up as it is like a mummy's corpse :lol:

Cherry x
  • dreamdaisy
    Fetch yer coat darlin, you've pulled! (We can stroke it, sooothing, calming, luvverly). I hope barbara's kept our space. I am sorry about the foot - itching means healing tho, yes? That is a good thing. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    morning DD I really do hope you have a goodish day today...I will see you in the den later 8)
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Yippee! That'll be good, we need a break! DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi DD
    How are you getting on.
    have you still got your visitors i hope they offered to help with things like washing up.
    take care thinking of you. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Joan you are ever hopeful. Help with the washing up..... I hope you are a bit more than moderately grotty DD? I have house guests too and rushed off my painful ankle and swollen knees but you go with the flow don't you?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Believe you me, tkachev, moderately grotty is a great improvement on the past few days - and I hope you are feeling much better now. Yup, the mums have helped out with the washing up etc. My mum has just used 10 litres of water (a full washing up bowl of the hot stuff) to clean four mugs and a teaspoon. Bless. Being the slut I am (plus we have a water meter and live in a dry part of the world) I would have left them until the dinner washing up but no, that won't do. Similarly, if she is making a cup of tea the kettle has to be brimmed. Never mind, eh? One has gone home, just one left. Mine. My teeth are slightly less gritted - my mum and I do have the odd giggle together. Occasionally. DD
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Did you get the sherry that was passed over to you?? :lol:
    At least your troubles are halved...I suppose??

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    It's all gone wrong. I feel 'better' in myself but the pain levels have not altered. It's tiredness I guess. I don't want the pain to go or stop, it would only come back so what's the point? I would like it to ease a little tho, the relentless nature of it is so tiring. Never mind, eh? It will pass, all things do. DD
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Hi DD,
    I find that when I'm tired an stressed (house guests) it leaves your pain levels all over the place. Things that I can normally cope with seem just that much harder. I sincerely hope that when the holidays are over you can rest and try to recover. I REALLY do understand re house guests 'trying' is an understatement! Im going to need a holiday just get over this one! Thinking of you Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning DD
    Hope you slept ok and today you are feeling a little less stressed

I send you a medal for entertaining your house guests. (well i would if i could get cosgan to work)
    You deserve one
    Take care
    juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    I was feeling a little less stressed. Didn't last long tho. I took mum out to Wyevale Garden Centre this afternoon - they have two new concessions there, Edinburgh Woollen Mill and Cotton Traders. We went into both, but in Cotton Traders I saw a pretty pink fleece jacket (with a zip) and a blue one (hooded, with buttons) - that's more of a cardigan-style. Mum said she would buy me the blue one, which was very kind of her, then whilst waiting to pay for my pink one she cheerfully announced to the store that her daughter had once been tall and very slim, but was now grossly fat due to her medication which is why she needed a much bigger size in everything. I managed to turn it all into a joke but oh boy that wasn't easy. Hit me where it hurts, Mother - at least I can provide you with a generous target area.

hileena, is there any sherry left? DD
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Hi DD
    Oh my dear u poor thing, just when u let ur guard down taking ur mum out for a nice outing you get hit with 'the jokes' what is wrong with people who are meant to care and be there for us?.
    I understand why u turned it into a joke (you are a magnificent person for that btw!) but golly that must have been tough! Well done, you handled it very well. Thinking if you Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • julie47
    Oh you poor thing dd, good job you are quick to react.
    I bet you had wished the ground would open, that was terrible.
    I do think when people get to a certain age that they cant control their thoughts and out it comes. My nana (who was kind to me 86 when she passed away) was the same with my mum in her latter years.
    I think my mil is going that way too. sometimes she can hit below the belt.
    You look lovely in the jacket, it suits you.
    Hope you have a better day today
    love juliepf x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    oh dear DD it sounds as if a bit of gaffer tape would come in useful , they don't always realise how hurtful they are xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you del, that is kind of you. I will feel much better come Saturday night. Not long now (she mutters thro gritted teeth). DD
  • hileena111
    DD I'll see if I can find the sherry :roll:
    That is waht is called foot in mouth disease
    Open your mouth and put your foot in it.
    Or you could look at it as........ Put brain in gear before opening mouth :lol::lol::lol:
    I dont think i would have been as quick to react as that...well don you......Here...have a slurp :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, hileena, that is much needed! :grin: I will replace the bottle, I promise. How are things with you? I hope all is as well as it can be. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    My mum has gone. I am now struggling up and down the stairs sorting out beds and pillows etc. My knees, shins ankles and toes are full with inflammation, I am tired beyond belief but the white wine is in the fridge, the beer is under the stairs, I will shortly be casseroling some beef with olives and our house is once again our own. BLISS. Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful support over this rather difficult time. DD
  • julie47
    Happy New year dd
    Glad to hear that you will soo be back to normal when you have sorted the rooms out.
    Sounds like a lovely meal planned, Me and OH on way :lol: He can sit in my basket on front of scooter.
    Try to sit down with feet up and a glass of that wine this afternoon.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend with just you and mr dd
    thinking of you
    juliepf xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    your xmas and new year starts here DD enjoy your own house xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx