Options
2»

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD,

glad you and Mr DD once again have your home to your goodselves.

Your mum sounds very like mine - I always dread it when she opens her mouth to say something about me to others ... she has dropped some real clangers in her time.

By now you should have stripped those beds, downed the wine and hopefully be in alcohol induced oblivion....

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Just caught up with this thread DD.

Why do aged parents get like young children and speak before they think?
    I would definately not have been quick enough to turn it into a joke.

Hopefully after a quieter weekend you should be a little less stressed.
    Chill out DD and do NOWT but relax till you get your breath back.

Wishing you a pain free (as much as possible) new year,
    Take care.
    xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think its to do with gears. Engage brain, then open mouth. Children don't know how to 'drive', hence their charming little pronouncements on life (Mummy, why is that lady ugly?) but with the elderly the gears start to slip, the synchromesh fails, the mechanisms involved in tact and diplomacy are wearing out. My mum has always been, oh, how shall I put it? - forthright: she has experienced little in life but is an expert on everything. She is also an appalling snob - she make Hyacinth Bucket look positively chav-like. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi DD :grin:

I hope you're not having too much 'pay back' for all the activity and stress of having the well beloved, but demanding, mothers over the festive period. :roll:

Your house will feel like a haven now... but don't overdo the stripping of beds etc in your post family delirium!.
    Pace yourself... or better still ask the lovely MrDD to undertake the more onerous household tasks?

take care lovely!

iris xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh bless, dorcas, thank you. Payback is in full swing but hopefully the worse symptoms will be ameliorated by beer - they usually are. Mr DD has been an absolute hero over Christmas etc, he has done far more than I would wish, plus he took Mother back to Buckinghamshire yesterday - a noble and heroic feat in itself. I have just realised why I am feeling so grotty - I forgot the blasted pred yesterday - duh! Have just done today's - better late than never, I suppose. That might kick-start the old girl. DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi DD,

It’s great to get your own space back. You will be able to bring all the sharp knifes out of there hiding places now. :)) :)) :))

Hope the tongue is still delightfully pink x:lol:

Enjoy your Sunday,

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh, I wish. It's back to furry yellow, I have no idea why. It could be time to read the side-effects leaflets of all the meds but I really cannot be bothered. I suspect that life is too short. DD