Options
2»

Comments

• Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi all,

Months ago this was mentioned and I got mine it's fantastic, costs £5.50 processing fee and takes about 2 weeks but can get buy one get one free anytime at cinema (def odeon that's what I use).

Great link to share though. Also remember f you have blue badge or DLA you can get cheaper theatre concert tickets and don't have to queue at concerts just go in disabled enterance. Lots of tourist attractions also do cheaper tickets too. Xxxx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    Options
    wow this info is very usefull thanks off to apply for my card this week
    Tracey
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Great tip. Will get on it asap.
    Thank you.
  • cheekygirl
    cheekygirl Member Posts: 128
    Options
    I was quite surprised to learn recently that people receiving DLA are entitled to a CEA card which gives free entry for a carer at the cinema. Thought it may be useful info for those who are not aware. Here is the link.

http://www.ceacard.co.uk
    oh thankyou thats really good of you to tell us its much appreciated hope you all well x
  • weemillie03
    weemillie03 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Yes just used mine for the first time on Friday night it felt great as instead of me begin £14:80 i was only £7:40 what a saving ,and must i say the only reason i got my husband to go to the pictures in the first place.

Went to see that "Devil Inside Her" or something like that But it was not all that good but the best part of the night was knowing i did not pay full price as i always did ,lets face it it pays for something else like youre popcorn and juice :D .X
  • Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    Options
    My friend has got free cinema card and does not use it as she feels that she would need someone to be with her to get in, is this correct or can she use the card and get into the cinema on her own.
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    Options
    Another tip - my mother-in-law, loves to visit gardens & country houses ect...

She can't drive herself (she's in her late 70's) and my brother-in-law takes her round these places....

She is NOT disabled, but an active OAP - lately, the ticket offices has been asking her if my brother-in-law is "her carer" because he can then get in FREE...!!

So she has been saying yes... so he gets in free... (they just pay her concession admission charge) Mind you it's not somewhere he would normally go out of choice... It's just for mother-in-law....
    hugs freesia xxx
  • Alice's mum
    Alice's mum Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Emily wrote:
    My friend has got free cinema card and does not use it as she feels that she would need someone to be with her to get in, is this correct or can she use the card and get into the cinema on her own.

The free entry is for the carer so she would need to pay.
  • Lululucifer24
    Lululucifer24 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey there just thought I'd pop in and say we use these with the people I support at work they are learning disabled and it's great help so do apply x
  • mummy2LeoandRiley
    mummy2LeoandRiley Member Posts: 7
    Options
    That's great, thanks!
  • XxxHollyDollyxxX
    XxxHollyDollyxxX Member Posts: 14
    Options
    THANK YOUR FOR FINDING THIS SHALL MAKE DATE NIGHT ALLOT EASIER LOL
    was rely useful info
  • Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Emily wrote:

The free entry is for the carer so she would need to pay.

Thanks for that but she does not need a carer all the time, she got cancer and is able to manager on her own. Where can she get the T&C attached to her card.
  • pepperflo
    pepperflo Member Posts: 91
    Options
    If anyone has a passport to leisure card this also entitles a carer to get in free, I use mine for going swimming. these cards are also free and last up to 12 months and allow you into certain places cheaper.
  • pepperflo
    pepperflo Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Ive been on the website, and just checking I'm on the right one, does the card cost £5 to apply for ?
  • archaeobard
    archaeobard Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Very useful info. I've recently applied for DLA (not heard back yet...another 2 weeks wait at least), but if I do qualify this will be very handy as my partner generally helps when we go out...carrying bags and making sure I don't fall flat on my face when my knee gives out, lol.

Kat
    Pain's just nature's way of saying, 'Hey, you're alive!'

Ares in "Forget Me Not" from Xena: Warrior Princess.
  • debram
    debram Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Great news - thanks- have downloaded form! :D
  • DISNEY3
    DISNEY3 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Very useful info. I've recently applied for DLA (not heard back yet...another 2 weeks wait at least), but if I do qualify this will be very handy as my partner generally helps when we go out...carrying bags and making sure I don't fall flat on my face when my knee gives out, lol.

Kat

Hi there i am debbie from Eastbourne, i have been told by my occupational therapist to apply for DLA and mobility one too, if u dont mind me asking, did u apply on line, because if u make a mistake u can start again, i understand u can get one in the post, the only thing is if u make a mistake u cant wipe it out. How long did it take too do.
    Also do u know anything about a blue badge. If u have any advice i would be very grateful if u can tell me anything kind regards debs
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Hi debbie. I don't think archeobard has been around for some time. You're more likely to get replies if you start a new thread. I'm afraid I can't help as my DLA and BB are virtually automatic.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Breagha
    Breagha Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you for the tip :)
  • superee
    superee Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that! Will let others about this site and that link. Thank You
  • superee
    superee Member Posts: 7
    Options
    To Debbie From Eastbourne. If you did get DLA and got the High Rate Mobility component, then you are entitled to a Blue Badge. If you didn't get high rate, I am not certain about eligibility, but still worth applying. I know there is a £20 charge if you do get the Blue Badge. Good Luck and hope that I am not too late to give you the advice. I just recently applied for my BB as I won my appeal and got the high rate mobility component.
  • catt
    catt Member Posts: 9
    Options
    I had one of these cinema tickets - very useful money saver but now I go to the senior (over 60's) club each week at a local cinema.
    For £3 and a few pence for my seat, drink and biscuits my weekly treat is a real bargain.
    It keeps me out of mischief for a couple of hours. I guess you young things don't qualify yet, something for you to look forward to! :D catt