rehab

Options
2»

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope that Len will read this and realise that he has the full support of his true friends.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Oh Mell I'm sorry it's come to this - it's so sad when people leave the Forum ......and now it appears you're going as well as Len :sad: It always comes down to the 80/20 rule in that we won't please all the people all the time. :|

We'll miss you very much as we miss Len but before you go I have to say thanks for the posts and entertainment.

What a sad time this is on the Forum. :sad:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hopefully, Mell is just having a rest, and isn't leaving the site. I sincerely hope not, anyway.

We need people who aren't afraid to express their views, whether we agree with them or not. Life would be so dull otherwise.

Both Len and Mell have kept us informed and entertained for a long time now, and this site would be diminished without them.

Joan :grin:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Speaking out as one who has never been singled out for any attention one way or the other (and who wouldn't care if she was) I entirely agree with Mell.

It's always puzzled me how anyone can take generalisations personally, but it has happened on here no end of times.

However, I hope you won't stop posting, Mell. If you do, it means that 'they' have won yet another round.

I've no idea which mean-minded person upset Rehab, but they must be pleased with themselves knowing that they have spoiled everyone else's enjoyment of the forum. I'd always rather be entertained than chastised and if I am creating the entertainment what does it matter?

Best wishes to you, Mell and hope to see you around again. Len, you are having it tough just lately and I hope you are able to overcome all your difficulties and return to posting.

Love to you both
    Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well if we give in and go it playing in to there hands as a very good pal said in a pm watch out or they will get you to well if that what they want let them try i suport loads of people on here and try to insult none (boaring i know) but i will not stand to have friends hounded out and forgotten while we have breath they will not be forgotten we remember and miss them with each post val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I hope Mell is not leaving has well.....this forum is changing by the minuite....it would be good if we could go back a few months...not sure whats been going on but I hope nobodys been bullied...that would be awful
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    just make sure u stay as well dell can not do with out our men can we
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,578
    Options
    Well written peice this one Mell.

I hope that Rehab DOES see this thread and know that we all support him 100% at this sad time.

I am a wimp as many of you will know and hate to see upset in any form :oops:, however am one for diversity and beleive there is room for all of us on here.

Have to echo Val on this one - we are a bit low on teh blokey front..... :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Message from Rehab:

He has read all the messages of condolences and would like to thank everyone for their kind words.

Also this:

The music ceased; the applause was loud,
    The pleased musician smiled and bowed;
    The wood-fire clapped its hands of flame,
    The shadows on the wainscot stirred,
    And from the harpsichord there came
    A ghostly murmur of acclaim,
    A sound like that sent down at night
    By birds of passage in their flight,
    From the remotest distance heard.
    Then silence followed; then began
    A clamour for the Landlord's tale,--
    The story promised them of old,
    They said, but always left untold;
    And he, although a bashful man,
    And all his courage seemed to fail,
    Finding excuse of no avail,
    Yielded; and thus the story ran......
    ( with thanks to Longfellow and Tales of a Wayside Inn)

Maybe one day I will return and tell the story

I really hope that he will return and tell the story.

• valval
    Options
    i do so hope he, meaning rehab does return so badly missed had tears in eyes while reading passage he is so well read val
    val
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Please let this be a break and not farewell. None should feel driven out from this forum and feel they have to leave or afraid to voice there opinion. I have only been on this site a short while and rehab and mel have really mad me laugh when i was feeling down with their quick wit. It is a sad place without rehab and mel. Please don't be gone too long. Hugs XXXXXXXX :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Having been through two family bereavements recently myself I can appreciated the emotional impact of Len's loss and would like to convey my sincere condolences to him.

Len's contribution on the forum has been an immense loss to me as his posts and humour always made me smile and lifted my spirits when I was down.

Thinking of you with love Len

Eileen (Mod)
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Len's contribution on the forum has been an immense loss to me as his posts and humour always made me smile and lifted my spirits when I was down.

I think so many of us share your sense of loss, Eileen. Len could always be relied upon to make us smile ( and often to laugh out loud :grin: ) He has a gift with words, and a wonderfully wicked sense of humour which is guaranteed to lift the spirits of anyone who reads his numerous amusing stories and posts.

I am still hopeful that he might return to the forum at some time in the future. I think we will have to start a '' Come Back Rehab'' campaign if he doesn't return soon. The forum isn't the same without him.

• lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hopefully, Mell is just having a rest, and isn't leaving the site. I sincerely hope not, anyway.

We need people who aren't afraid to express their views, whether we agree with them or not. Life would be so dull otherwise.

Both Len and Mell have kept us informed and entertained for a long time now, and this site would be diminished without them.

Here here...just a rest/break please.I don't really understand what has happened or what but it is obviously upset a lot of people. Your light is still burning bright and waiting for your return and i too look forward to seeing you both back. Give Rehab a hug for me if you see him....Just a manly one :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .
  • valval
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

Here here...just a rest/break please.I don't really understand what has happened or what but it is obviously upset a lot of people. Your light is still burning bright and waiting for your return and i too look forward to seeing you both back. Give Rehab a hug for me if you see him....Just a manly one :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .

he did tell me he does not do manly hugs. he likes the normal all embracing hugs and yes he is so missed
    val