Off to doctors

Options
jayneys
jayneys Member Posts: 122
edited 28. Jan 2011, 13:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Well im off tommrow 9.30 dont think i should bother,its strange,you wait for weeks to get in with the right dr ,and when you get in you doubt your self,have i improved or not,is the pain better or worse,which ever way you go,when you leave,it gose the other way. How do you measure pain ,when is it to much.I get up ,im in despair then i get moveing and. it feels better. I knowyou all knowall about this, you all put me to shame ,how much you all put up with all so brave . ALL THE BEST FROM JAYNE.X

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Nonsense , Jayne , only you know how much pain you're in and cope with each day . Go to your appointment and make sure you tell the doc exactly how it feels , be strong and stick to your guns , best of luck , let us know how it went . Jillyb
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Jayne

Just wanted to call in and say I hope it goes ok for you tomorrow. Tell it like it is love, just as you have done here and don't forget to include the bad days bit which we do understand. :roll: I hope you do see a supportive GP and that you feel able to talk to them.
    take care, will leave a gentle hug and positive vibes ((( )))
    Chris
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Jayne,

I agree with the others you need to tell your doc all - sometimes it's a good idea to have a pain diary for when we see our Rheumy or GPs especially when we have to wait for an appointment. You can't go on feeling as you do as pain drags you down, you need to talk and hopefully your doc will give you something to make life easier for you.

Please let us know how you go on.
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Nellyphant
    Nellyphant Member Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been trying to keep a diary of my pain, but am rubbish at doing it regularly. It would be useful though as then the GP would have a better picture of how you've been feeling.

I personally rate myself on my own "painometer" of 1-10. Today it got up to a 10 1/2! Not good.

Sometimes I write down what I want to say to the GP so that I don't forget anything, perhaps that would help.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope it goes well for you today, janeys, just tell him how much it hurts on a bad day: yes, the early part of the day is rough, and things can ease the more we move around, but come the evening we know that things are usually hurting again, if not more, and he needs to know this so he can prescribe better pain relief for you. Let us know how you get on. I wish you well. DD

PS If all else fails, give del's idea a whirl!
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • sally bee
    sally bee Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Good luck, all the best xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Good luck with your appointment

will be thinking of you

juliepf x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I know what you mean, when you manage to get an appointment you feel as if you dont need to gom, but if you cancel it I bet by tomorrow, youll be wishing you'd kept it!

Pain is a funny thing, it comes and goes to please itself, not you. I've thought about keeping a pain diary, its a really good idea, but I find that I miss bits out or leave them out on purpose. Daft but it makes me feel as if I'm exagerating when I see it written down. Silly of what??? Its a good way of letting the doctors know how you feel and the effect its having on your day-to-day life. Good luck. Love Sue
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it normal to feel this way and not every one on here in bad way some of us still work it for one and all we all need it from time to time and the advice of others who know what we meen very important we can not always put into words the type of pain ect but the old hands usually can as some one has always felt nearly the same thing had the same doughts good luck hope it good app. with doc mine was :grin::grin:
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,458
    Options
    Good luck Jayne

from me for your appt. I hope it goes well. Ofetn they quantify pain in numbers out of ten (0 being none and ten beaing unbearable).

In like Del's idea, but maybe Del - that's a wee bit cruel :lol::lol:

LOve

toni xx
  • jayneys
    Options
    Thank you . All of you . My Dr was lovey ,he did not rush me and i felt happy when i left ,Ithink i told him more then half of what i am feeling ,thats good for me . He has taken me offthe 8 co.codmol and put me onto Tranadol Go back in 2 weeks .Not sure of the dosage,will ring tommorow.I worked it out as 8 in 24 hours with the diclofenec and omeprazole.Well im glad thats over with for another 2 weeks .I think Del boys idea was good ,but on this occsion Dr was nice , i was lucky for a change ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL JAYNE X
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well done to you, janeys, it takes a deal of courage sometimes to speak up to doctors and tell them how things really are. I am glad he listened and gave you plenty of time, I hope the tramadol makes a difference to the level of pain, let's hope this is the start of a better time for you all round. DD
  • jayneys
    Options
    Tanks DD Hope your day has been a good one .Little victorys make life easeyer. JAYNE X
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    That they do, I couldn't agree more! Savour yours whilst it lasts. DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jayne,

Glad it went well and sorry i am late to this post... i seem to be chasing Barbara's white rabbit with the pocket watch!

Does the packet tell you the dosage on the tramadol? mine is one or two 4 x a day depending on how good I am... or what i have planned to do :wink: they do help so good luck.

Good the doc listened and will be on time in 2 weeks, promise. Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I hope the Tramadol help your pain. I was switched from co-codamol to tramadol and then tramadol slow release. For me, the slow release worked best. I hope you find something to work. I find tramadol slow release the best I've had so far, but we are all different.
    Love Suexx
  • jayneys
    Options
    hI Chris and Sue I am on the same as you Chris ,one or two 4xtimes aday .50mg .But i dont think they are slow release. Thay are making me feel abit dizzy,my head is strange.,The pain not much better ,but hopefully ,it will get better soon. All the best JAYNE X
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Tramadol are morphine-based pain meds, and apparently they can make one feel a little 'spaced out' (I do get that feeling, but only when on a morphine drip). They tend to take you away from the pain, rather than removing the pain from you. I hope they begin to work for you soon - be careful about driving when you have had one: I can drive when I have taken a slow-release pill, but not with the ordinary ones. DD
  • jayneys
    Options
    Hi DD Your right about feeling spaced out .Had very little sleep last night ,seemto just cat nap .The pain seems to be less ,but two soon to be sure.Gave up driving years ago,the roads are safer without me acording to my husband. BEST WISHES JAYNE X
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Give it (and them) time to work, I think cat-napping is OK, at least you had some respite from it all. Do you get the chance for a snooze during the day? If you do, take it. It does help. I am thinking of you - new meds like this are always a big step to take. DD
  • jayneys
    Options
    No time DD .to rest in day time ,work in a school kitchen ,hard work ,dont know how long i can keep it up.will keep going for as long as i can. JAYNE X .
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    That is a tough job, you are on your feet all the time, yes? I remember you saying you worked in a nursery - I thought you meant plants (like a garden centre) especaily as you mentioned your green fingers - ooooops! :oops: Sorry. Arthritis is a tricky boss - we have to keep going for as long as we can, for reasons of pride and self-respect - and they are very important reasons - but if that starts to harm us, then we have to think again. Do you think you can get to July as that is the end of the academic year (with the holidays thrown in) - that would make a natural stopping point. I realise of course that there are many other things to be taken into consideration. DD
  • jayneys
    Options
    Hi DD yes DD you are right ,on all you said,and you got it right about the plants ,i do that grow alot off plant ,as well as working ,in the school.We grow for farm shops .It all getting too much ,but what do you do .I m trying too get my head round it ,bit lost at the moment. Good night DD and all JAYNE X.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Janey, hope the tramadol is helping... Have you been having to take the full dose? If it is one or two for times a day then they are not the slow release ones, I think they are two 200mg ones per day twelve hours apart... With 400mg being the recommended maximum dose I believe.. I'm on the full whack plus the two slow release diclofenic 75mg I think, and 8 paracetamol a day... Still suffer a lot of pain, I moan about them not working but dread to think how much pain I would be in without them.....

Best wishes and good luck with the meds etc..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,458
    Options
    Hi Janey

Might be an idea to ease into taking them if they make you feeel too spacey? Like one at a time instead of two and build up. I did that with co-cos, but with tramadol I was fine as i ahde been on something stronger before. If I take even one tramadol now they make me sick!!!! All DAY!!

You take care

Love

Toni xx