I'm being infused again ....

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 30. Jan 2011, 19:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
..... and I can't say I'm looking forward to it :roll:

There have been some side effects that worried me after the last infusion, but I didn't get much support when I asked for advice - only more confusion :roll: and disillusion :roll: followed by an appointment that was a waste of time, so I'm going tomorrow for my third infusion along with a dose of confusion and a heap of frustration if the last twice is anything to go by.

The things we do to clonk arthur eh? :roll: at this rate I'm thinking the forum lump hammer might be more effective :lol::lol::lol::lol: It would certainly have fewer side effects :wink:

It will be thinking of you lot which will get me through this one .... and out the other side again.

I'm probably going to need you next week as well, when I have to see the rheumy nurse. I hope she is having a good day when I see her .... as my list of questions is growing by the hour! :wink:

as the last infusions have wiped me out after, I might not get back on here much, but I might have a PA if I am very very nice to her :wink:

WOnky

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wanted to wish you all the best with it Wonks... Will be there buried deep within the pockets with a flask of tetley tea and some jammy dodgers for us all...

:grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thanks Tony :grin:

Tea and Jammy d's most appreciated - I'll only get one cuppa whilst I'm there, though I might manage two and a soggy hospital sandwich if I am there long enough :wink:

see you bright and early :wink: we leave at 7.30 am :roll: :roll: :roll:

hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Your pa will Not let you down... she promises.... and many things she may do but she don't break promises... hence not promising to sleep in a collar :lol::lol:

Flower maybe this one will be easier? I so hope it is but will be with you... not maybe at 7 but soon as the eyes clear enough to see the phone.

The lump hammer... you have to join the cue!

i do know that miss L Legs is ready for the rumo nurse if need be... so will i be.... i get so sick of them just dismissing us all like they do.

All in a day for them cus they are not having it!

You know when I did my initial training on the waggons we had to 'endure; some of the treatments and gas we would be using so we knew how unpleasant it actually can be,........ you know any nice nurses we shall teach about infusions?!

I got one.. and the barrage for her as well! :lol::lol:

Will be with you flower and will try not to bring that vomit bowl.... Slurps and he has the white coat and isn;tr afraid to use it :roll: I sometimes wish he was :lol: ((((( )))))and a bucket of easy infusion and good luck drafts. love Cris xxx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Wonky, Im just reporting for pocket duties. I will climb in now as most of you know im not an early riser.
    Nudge me if i start snoring :lol:

I hope it goes well tomorrow & the side effects arent as bad a s they have been.

Tony,watch it with them crumbs :wink::lol:
    Sending ((((())))) & a hope it goes well draft, failing that i have the lump hammer :wink:
    debs
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thanks Cris , Del & Debs.

your support is very much appreciated :grin:

must go and pack my bag now, and then try to get some sleep.

hugs ((())))
    WOnky
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Goodnight hun. see you bright and early.. PS, I will also bring a flask of pg for mi mate Del, I know he's not keen on tetleys.. :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I've just popped in to wish you well for tomorrow. Lots of love Sue
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Really hope you are managing to get some sleep and that tomorrow is easier for you than the last one and without the worrying side effects.

I think the lump hammer has Cris's name of it but am sure she would let you use it in an emergency!! Let us hope you don't need it. I will be up and ready for pocket duty and hope you do have a good rest when you get home. I will be thinking of you.
    love (((( ))))
    Chris xx
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    Hi Wonky I hope every thing goes well tomorrow,It sounds good doing pocket duty, Especially when Tony said he was bringing Jammy Ds my favourite
    will be thinking of you Sue xx
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Options
    A bit late to offer good luck, but I'm thinking about you today Wonky. I really hope this time's not so horrendous as last time.

'See' you later when you've had time to get over it a bit.

((((Hugs))) xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Good luck wonky with the infusion
    Hope you feel ok afterwards
    thinking of you
    juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh wonky (heaves a deep sigh) why won't it all just get easier/better once in a while? I feel slightly guilty about the way I breeze thro these things, no extra tiredness, no nausea, no headaches (since I dropped the lef, anyway) no nothing. OK, the enbrel tried to explode my liver but even then I felt fine. It's not on, really, is it? I do wonder sometimes if we press on with these things (to our detriment) simply because it always feels like a drink in the Last Chance Saloon - just imagine the tutting if you said you wanted to stop. They bang on about how 'lucky' we are to have this junk infused/injected into us, how expensive it is, how we can only have three bites at this very manky cherry, can you imagine the teeth-sucking if we said 'No! I have had enough!'

I shall be thinking of you today - I hope it goes well, I hope the side effects are absolutely minimal, and most of all that it starts to actually bl**dy do something to help. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi All,

She is there and just gone up to the ward.... i hope they will answer her questions today.. Not much to ask is it?!

Will pass on the messages and let you know when she is all hooked up. Hugs to all Cris xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Cris,

Thanks for the update... please pass on my very bestest good luck wishes that all goes smoothly today..... I know how hard it is for Wonky at the min. :roll: Hopefully she won't have any side effects this time.
    At the very least she deserves to have her questions answered... It's her body after all!

Love and ((((hugs)))

Iris xxx

ps..I've polished your P.O.O.P medal Cris (Pigeon of outstanding perseverance) for all the vital PA services that you provide. :wink:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Wonky
    Sorry I am late....I run like hell to get here , surprised myself didnt thing I could still do it :eek: :lol: brought mi egg buttys in case you get peckish.
    I really do hope it all goes well for you, and the side effects dont appear this time...good luck with everything.
    Love and hugs ((((((())))))
    And thanks to Cris for the PA duties
    Barbara xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi iris,

Forgot about the pigeon badge..... wow still don't think I deserves that one! ((((( ))))) and a bowl of ht dandelion soup... hell i spoil you :lol::lol: xxx

Hi All,

Doesn't sound like they did answer her.... in fact i think 'my' b----sister is there for the day!

She is all hooked up and has another 80 or so mins of drug then will be kept for 2 hours so its another 2.30ish home time.

Will pass on your wishes and bless her these things are never easy eh?! Cris xx

Hi Wonky for when you escapes (((((((((( )))))))))) and rest up flower. xxx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi All,

She is just finishing then the 2 hour wait to go home.... i always think that's the worst bit... but... i also lie at how I am feeling :lol::lol: Shouldn't say that should I?!

Will hope she is ok and not so wished out this time.. and more importantly it works!

You all take care and I shall stop listening to Stylo and get this food out.....

Wonky more ((((( ))))) and hopes for you. xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thanks for the update slezier, I hope she is feeling OK and can go home soon. You are a wondrous pigeon! DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi just flying in cus i got to get to physio.....

Wonky is on her way home and so far feels ok..... its the day after and the next week that seems to get to people.... I so hope it wont.

Wonky ((((((((((( )))))))))))) and 15-19 needles from the pocket :wink: xxx
  • puffin
    puffin Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Wonky,
    I am sorry I missed this thread.
    By now you should be home, resting in/on your bed or sitting as comfortable as possible in an armchair.

Have no idea about these treatments, other than what I read, so don't know for how long they affect your appetite plus your enjoyment of a nice cup of tea.

Hope you can get a good night's sleep. You'll be glad you don't have an early start to tomorrow
    at least I trust you don't.
    Hope too that with quiet time, sleep and perhaps some music/TV, tomorrow passes quickly and in twenty-four hours or so you are feeling better.
    Puffin
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    woops sorry Wonky missed your pocket but hope it went as well as these things can ,and will do as it should for you xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thank you, thank you and thank you again! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

I arrived home at 4.10, and have just had a cuppa and am on my way to bed, but couldn't do that without coming on here and saying thanks.

I was able to read your messages on my phone, and I can honestly say that I may well have cracked up completely today if it wasn't for the support from you guys and gals on here. Thanks for being there when I really did need you.

I'm really sorry that those of you in my pocket got rather wet this morning - both from the rain (I didn't order that!) and from the tears. I do hope that the jammy d's didn't suffer too badly from their soaking :oops: and thanks for sharing them with me :wink:

Special thanks to Cris the PA, who has been magical, and I honestly think DOES most certainly deserve Iris's P.O.O.P medal :grin::grin:

I can't begin to write about today's happenings yet, but suffice to say that I was very glad to leave, and I will wait and see before deciding whether I go again. I think the support of the helplines people might be needed to help me work on a number of things before I can consider going again.

I'm also going to have to go and see my GP next week - but hopefully that will be to begin reducing the pred (steroids) which I have now been given 'permission' to think about reducing.

thanks again and especially Cris, who hopefully might be home from the physio soon (I did go in her pocket but I'm not looking as I don't do needles :wink: )

hugs to you all (((())))) & thanks for all your hugs

WOnky xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    As I said to skezier, (outpatients thread) these things, tho offered with the best of intentions, are not compulsory. Rest now, and talk to us only when you can (and if you want to). I am thinking of you. DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

So sorry I missed pocket duty. With luck you are managing to get some sleep by now. Sorry that everything went pear shaped for you today.
    Gentle hugs,
    Lv, Ix
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi wonky
    Hope you are feeling ok today after yesterdays infusion
    I have my fingers crossed
    Take care and plenty of rest
    Juliepf x