I'm being infused again ....

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mornikng Wonky, I hope all is as well as it can be with you today. I know that the infliximab hits you hard girl, my fingers are crossed that your body is beginning to adjust and that it is not as rough as last time (yeah, I know, vain hope). I am thinking of you very, very much. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Gentle hugs to you, dear Wonky.
    Love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Thanks again :wink:

This morning I had long chat with my practice nurse (who does my MTX injection for me) and that helped. Also a couple of people I know had a chat with me and that helped too.

slept this afternoon, and am feeling a tad brighter. :smile:

can hear timer beeping to say it's tea time so must go.

will pop on again tomorrow, but have to go to the same hospital again in the morning, (OT making me a new resting splint :grin: ) so will be later on in the day.

I'm still hanging on .... and there is more of a smile and fewer tears today thanks.

hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    'More of a smile and fewer tears . . . ' That hints at something a little more optimistic, Wonky, I hope so anyway. DD
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you and I wish you more smiles and so many less tears. Hang in there. (((( ))))
    love
    Chris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Only me checking in to see how you are?

Are you feeling even less tired?

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi wonky
    glad you felt a little better yesterday and hope today has improved even more for you
    juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Wonky, I hope you have had a tolerable day today. I am thinking of you. DD
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    HI All :grin:

today was ok thanks, but I'm flagging now as I know I've overdone it :roll:

I had to go back to the same hospital to see the OT who kindly made me a new resting splint to replace the broken one :wink: I also came away with supplies of strapping for them, and a new pair of 'magic' gloves that help keep the swelling down :grin::grin:

So it was a good morning, though i was foolish and went into the big superstore next to the train station afterwards, and one forgets just how far it is possible to walk when locating just a few items in a huge supermarket :roll: :roll: It didn't help that, when I was next in line to pay at the checkout, the fire alarm sounded and we were all evacuated from the store :shock: only to be all turned around and marched back in again as it was a false alarm :roll: cue lots of scratched heads as checkout operators and customers tried to re-aquaint themselves with the correct checkout and yet to be paid for shopping :lol::lol::lol:

THis afternoon I have had one phone call after another, so no nap as anticipated, and I'm flagging seriously, so thought I'd just pop on here for a few mins and then ahve an early night.

thanks for all you kind peeps who keep popping in.

WOnky xxxx

PS - (whispers this :!: ) at the moment the side effects are bearable and less than I recall at this point last time :smile::grin: :eek:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    hi Wonks... Hope you manage a decent nights sleep tonight..
    I think the desire to overdo things takes over most of us on here on a regular basis.... :shock: :roll: :lol:
    Take it steady tomorrow......
    Now, if I could just listen to my own advice..... Haha
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    hi Wonks...

Now, if I could just listen to my own advice..... Haha
    :grin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh I know that problem :roll:

think we all do at times :wink:

but at least we know what we've done wrong when we've done it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thanks Tony - I hope you sleep well yourself.

night all
    WOnky
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Wonky! Bed, now! (Please.) Sleep well. DD
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Wonky! Bed, now! (Please.) Sleep well. DD

I am :smile:

now :grin:

straight away :lol::lol:

honest! :wink:

night night xxxxx

sleep well yourself too
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'll try - headphones first, I think. Mr DD is settled so deadmau here I come! I can have it loud, he won't wake - yippee!

Seriously, I have been thinking about you. Take care, lovely girl. DD
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Just calling in for an update and good to see you posting. Just be careful with that new splint, we don't want to have to fear for Mr Wonky if you break it in your sleep again!! :lol:

Fingers crossed re the (whispers) side effects and hope you do continue ok with them. Rest up when you need to and hope the payback for overdoing things is soon over.
    love and hugs (((( )))
    Chris
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Wonky,
    I am glad that you are starting to feel a bit better. Good to hear you have your splint back and the new gloves. Trust you to go to the supermarket just in time for the entertainment!!

Glad you got to talk to a few people about it all. It does make a difference.
    Take care,
    Lv, Ix
  • puffin
    puffin Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Amazed you went into a supermarket after the hospital visit, even more that the fire alarm went off when you were there.

Tomorrow, I hope, is a day of total rest for you, or as near as possible.

Phone calls can be a problem when you need to get some peace and quiet. Fine if you have an OH to answer them or an answering machine.
    Hope friends will know the best time to call you.
    Puffin.
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    HI & thanks for the lovely messages.

today has been interesting .... not least because I ahven't felt that overwhelming tiredness that's been with me for as long as (or longer than) I can remeber :grin:

I have tried to pace myself, but really enjoyed being able to go out shopping with hubby, and we got a lovely surprise when we saw some friends we hadn't seen for a while and learned they are soon to have a new addition to their family :smile::smile::smile:

TOnight I have attempted to become a cross between Delia Smith and Bill Oddie :eek: ..... as the greedy starlings had eaten all the fat & seed mix from the coconut shells we bought. SO .... lard, suet, bird seed and dried meal worms ( :eek: Yeuk!!!) have been mixed & coconut shells filled. Tomorrow hubby is determined to get a good number of birds recorded for the RSPB great garden bird watch :roll: so nothing else will get done :roll: :roll:

thanks for all your good wishes, and well .... fingers crossed ...... touch wood ...... all being well ....... (whispers) things might be starting to improve a little :wink:

hugs to you all
    Wonky xxxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi wonky
    so glad you had a really good day out with OH. And as an added bonus you saw your friends.
    Hope you get lots of birds in your garden today, I too am trying and have sent for the free pack from rspb (have i missed a letter here)
    Anyway I keep trying different foods but the little B's like fruit cake best. (eaten a fair bit of my xmas cake :roll: :lol: )
    Now I get a big fat pigeon and that makes the whole feeding station wobble. (metal)
    Still there are also cats roaming too. :x
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend
    juliepf x :smile:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Wonky

you cooking sound good....but would rather have some.....fruit cake!!!!

and Juliepf

that is MY fat pigeon :shock: he has a wife her too (also fat, but not quite so!)

Love and rest for you Wonks :wink:

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ooooooooooooooh Wonky! Dare I be a little optimistic? Dare I? Have some fireworks, them's pretty.

t9307.gif

I really, really hope that you are still feeling reasonably OK. DD
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Ooooooooooooooh Wonky! Dare I be a little optimistic? Dare I? Have some fireworks, them's pretty.

t9307.gif

I really, really hope that you are still feeling reasonably OK. DD

Oh Dear, famous last words yesterday :roll: :roll: :roll:

fireworks were lovely, but the being up until 3 .30am with gut rot wasn't :sad: I fear the naproxen is starting to bite back :x :x Not had a brill day as a result, but hey, the birds tried hard to eat all the food, hubby was happy, and well, tomorrow is another day as they say :wink:

thanks everyone for the messages.

and just for the record, I'd MUCH rather have the fruit cake too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wonky xxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Oh being up all night with pain in the gut is so bad.... I know it so well :wink:

i do hope your sleeping and get a very good night.

leaving you (((((((((( ))))))))))) and thanks by the ton and......

i know someone who makes VERY good fruit cakes but I ate it all..

so best i can do is leave you some jam and cream sarnies..... xxxx