bad day!

Options
rgentry1989
rgentry1989 Member Posts: 52
edited 14. Mar 2011, 15:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Ever feel like u wished u hadn't broke ya back getting out of bed and going to work!
Got a swallon knees and ankle both hands playing up so I cudnt even grip a pen and wat thanks do I get for working for all that more and more work thrown at me with a bit off moaning making me feel tiny cause I cnt work very fast :( made me feel like rubbish just keep crying
Rachel x
rachel

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rachel

I am sorry you have had such a horrible day and well just leaving you a ((( ))) and a hope tomorrow will be easier for you. Cris x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi rachel
    Sorry the day was rubbish yesterday
    I hope today is easier for you.
    take care
    Juliepf x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Oh Rachel I am so sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I do hope things will be better for you today.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Oh Rach

I am so sorry :sad: That sounds like it was an awful day and you were on a 'hiding to nothing' :evil You don't deserve it at all.

I do hope today is a better one for you.

LOve and ((()))

Toni xx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi,
    Im sorry you had such a rough time at work
    Mine was bad too yest everywhere hurt hands couldnt write, forgot my glasses & left an hour after I should! Thank god im not back till Fri
    This weather has alot to answer for none of my meds seemed to help yest
    So todays a day of rest, Well thats the plan
    Keep strong & try not to let it get you too down we all know what its like so we offer you all our support & a big cuddle ((((( )))))
    I hope todays a better day for you
    Maria x
  • maria09
    Options
    Oh just a thought does your work know your condition? & have they made reasonable adjustments under the equality act Oct 2010?
    The CAB have a copy of the act on their web site
    Maria x
  • rgentry1989
    Options
    Omg thanku all so much for ur replys means a lot I still cnt get over how nice and caring u are but unfort today was worse I was so close to ringing in sick was up at 5 cause the pain was too much and I reli do feel like my manager hates my condtion :( she so horiible to me I just wana leave :(

And hey yes they do knw I've been to oci health but they have still yet to change my work st I went in oct! My consultant got angry and is writing to them since one off my new problems is due to them not changing it so it cud off been avoided :(

Hope u all had good days nite xx
    rachel
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Rachel,

Sorry it was another bad day and with not sleeping it all feels so much worse as well. I wonder with the pain and lack of sleep if maybe going sick for a couple of days is a good idea?

i know it can cause trouble but its not fair if your feeling rough either.....

Leaving a hope tomorrow will be better for you flower. Cris x
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi Rachael,
    Sounds to me your GP needs to sign you off sick for a while all this stress is doing you no good & will make your condition worse
    Ive had lots of problems at my work regarding my condition & I work for the NHS. Even got a written warning for it eventhough my sickness was only 4.9% it should be 3.9%! Long story!
    Refer yourself back to Occy Health explain they havent put in reasonable adjustments as required under the Equality Act & take it from there
    Im still waiting to get my assessment back from HR its a month since |I saw them! Might get my union rep onto them shes really good
    Thats another thing are you in a union?
    Dont you just wish they had our pain for a day so they know what a struggle it is!
    Keep strong
    Maria x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    How are you today rachel?

Please tell me today has been a bit better for you?

If not you may have to think about Maria's idea about getting some time off work?

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • rgentry1989
    Options
    hello everyone

i hate to say it but today is pretty much the same but with serve pain my knee is playing me up and my hands are soo painfull and the swelling is so bad its just rock hard and twice the size.. dwn to the gp tomoz since my consultant in on holiday....

yess ive got next week off to rest just need to get thou friday as got tomoz of too so wish me luck for that lol....

they wnt see me again at oci health refused me and my consultant having to write them a letter but am going to citzens advice to get my dlas forms filled in tues so ill be asking them where i stand! i am looking for a new job nw i just feel a little bit picked on and like the manager is almost annoyed with my condition rather than wanting to reli help me...

i reli hope to get my car sorted when i find the out come off the dla forms as i reli cnt change gear at the moment so want to get a automatic,, myt hands have zero grip i dropped the 6 pint off milk this morn so had toast and cudnt open the marmite jar thank god my sister is here cause mum and dad have gone on holiday for there 25th wedding aniversary so shes making a fantatsic carer i have to say as getting in and out the shower at the moment is proving difficult as is drying my hair so shes been a big help with so many things...

thanks all again i can promise u tomoz i shall be resting only going out to see my gp

rachel xx
    rachel
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Rachel, sorry to read that you are having things so tough at work, they shouldn't be able to get away with what sounds like bullying or discrimination to me...
    Why the Hell can't folk who don't have this crappy disease just believe us when we tell them how awful it is... Makes my blood boil..
    Can I slap your boss for you??????? :grin:

I hope that you do manage to rest properly tomorrow and that Friday is a better day for you..
    Your Sister sounds great, it is so nice having family that understand eh?

Best wishes hun
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • rgentry1989
    Options
    i dnt think any one that doesnt have it can understand my family do cause they see how much pain it causes reduced me to tears today wish they cud undertstand thats wat it does to us ....

my sister, mum and dad are fantastic allways here for me doing things helping me taking me to the hospital or for blood tests (which isnt easy with my veins)

u may indeed slap them lol

yess prob is abit i dnt feel like they reli want someone with this disease working there well theve got there wish i cudnt think off anything better than quiting tomoz but need a new job 1st lol...

hope ur ok
    rachel x
    rachel
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hope you get a jb somewhere that appreciates ya hun...
    Once you do, I'll go down and smack her in the mush :shock: :lol:

I am not bad, up and down at the minute.. Lot of crap going on but ya gotta stay smiling.. :wink::grin:

My OH is absolutely great, very understanding but will never really (I sincerely hope) know what the pain is like.. That is why this place is so good eh?

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • rgentry1989
    Options
    yeah i hope so too i used to have it but as a weekend worker while at college they loved me lol...

nope i wud never wish any one to have this its horrible and hope the ppl that dnt understand never get the chance to ur right its why this place is so gr8..

hehe ill let u knw when i quit ha

rachel xx
    rachel
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Rachel

Glad you have a week off to come but sorry you have to do tomorrow and Friday.... still think if your no better the end of next week it might be an idea to got sick for a few days and give your self a chance to recover from it a bit longer.

Work is often a problem..... The need to earn money doesn't really balance too well with this bone stuff does it?

Fingers crossed tomorrow will be better than today and friday even better. ((( ))) and some make work better buckets. Cris x
  • maria09
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Hi Rachel, sorry to read that you are having things so tough at work, they shouldn't be able to get away with what sounds like bullying or discrimination to me...
    Why the Hell can't folk who don't have this crappy disease just believe us when we tell them how awful it is... Makes my blood boil..
    Can I slap your boss for you??????? :grin:

I hope that you do manage to rest properly tomorrow and that Friday is a better day for you..
    Your Sister sounds great, it is so nice having family that understand eh?

Best wishes hun
    I totally agree can I join the line to slap your boss I know it will hurt me more than her but it would feel good. Keep strong Maria x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Trying to get healthy people to understand this pestilence is pointless, doomed to failure. For them, when they are ill they swallow some little pillls and they get better. They can equate not getting better with something like cancer, 'cos people know you can die from that or be very very very ill then get better, but with arthritis no-one can comprehend its variablility (including us) or understand that although we might look 'OK' we are actually ill. I am very lucky in that my crutches immediately make me look 'poorly', adn I am also fortunate in that I am currently self-employed.

Your situation is truly a sad one: you are far too young for this health rubbish, I do admire your spirit and the fact that you are working rather than settling for a life on benefits. Hats off to you girl, just hang on in there: I think there is more they could do to help (but as to what, well, I don't know as I am not knowledgeable about these matters) and I think you do have a battle on your hands. I hope you can get through today and tomorrow, then have a good, restful week-end. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Options
    the job my doc recomends is one where you can rest when you need to! Not many jobs have that in thier job description, so im afraid im stuck with work that really is doing me no good at all and as i refuse to rely on benefits and am too young to anyway doesnt make for a very happy work life for me.
    I hope your employer sees sense and the adaptions are made to enable you to carry on working. Trying to find other work may be quite difficult. All these acts and policies that are passed are sometime just words on paper ( i feel ).
    Hope your week off sick helps with your hands etc, sounds absolutely excrusiating. Im quite sick of being off sick now :smile: but doc refuses to sign me back.
    Seamonkey
  • rgentry1989
    Options
    hello everyone so the week off has started its gr8 not to worry bout having to go to that hell hole :)

the mxtrex has deff worn off knw swallon knees and fingers hands playing up but no major miragranes so im concered that it was causing it :( dam it lol....

im scared my doctor wnt put up with it much longer and sign me off :S

get my dla forms filled in for me on tues so fingers crossed, then once ive got the decsion i can decide on wat to do about my car...

hope ur all ok
    rachel xx
    rachel
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi rachel,
    im glad you are feeling the benefit of time off, and good luck with DLA forms, i filled mine in 2 mth ago and not heard yet. Keep sending me letters saying their contacting diff medical profesionals.
    I have 2 kids off school today so im playing nurse maid. Not much rest for me. !
    Seamonkey
  • rgentry1989
    Options
    omg 2mths there taking there times arent they its a joke but norm its ur gp or consultant taking there sweet time over the forms..

ahh 2 kids no bet ur not getting any rest lol

rachel x
    rachel
  • rgentry1989
    Options
    Hey everyone, just a quick msg to say saw my gp today she signed me off me at least 3weeks she doesn't want me at work till my meds are sorted and I feel ok gain, she wudnt take no for a answer lol dla forms filled in fingers crossed also got refereed to pysio so busy day hope ur all ok x
    rachel
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Best of luck with it all Rachel...
    I always photocopy forms like that and send them recorded delivery too.. You never know..

Be well hun

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Sorry to read that you have been having such a hard time at work recently. I think that from the sounds of it you are being bullied and harrassed by your manager. I think you need to go to HR and make a formal complaint. Dont let them drive you out of the job because of your illness.

If you do decided to leave you can sue them for constructive dismissal. They have forced you to leave by making your life difficult at work. Have a look to see if they have a bullying policy and try to get someone that you trust to help you with it. Dont suffer in silence at work because it wont do you any favours.

Look after yourself and remember we are all here for you
    Jakib0644.gif