Women drivers

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 24. Feb 2011, 02:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
I think women drivers are slightly better than male drivers, because they are not as aggressive, and if your not aggressive behind the wheel, you are calmer.
Agression leads to mistakes, and mistakes lead to accidents, so if you look at it logically, women are the better drivers.......... just my opinion
Alanthemanc

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You won't get much disagreement from me on that, Alan! I am more prone to ranting and raving (with hand gestures too) but that I put down to an increasingly short temper due to age and pain. I don't race at traffic lights (well, in a Micra I can't!), I know what my handbrake is for, ditto indicators (other drivers are not mind readers and they may appreciate info as to where I am going) and, in 21 years of driving I have yet to hit another motorist (or them me, apart from the BLOKE who reversed into me at a petrol station - NB matey, always look behind you before you start moving.) So far so good! I hope Carlos is well, Daisy got thro her MOT. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Rehab is spot on, it's only cos they drive less.. I mean, let's face it, where do they have to drive to....
    Make up shop
    Pretty things shop
    Sparkly things shop (attached to the pretty things shop)
    School to pick up the afore mentioned screaming brats, even though the school is around the corner, but she couldn't possibly walk that far in those heels!
    Hairdressers
    Nail type shop/place thingy.. (attached to hairdressers)
    And the gossip shop, I assume there is such a place, where else would they learn all that rubbish about how much weight her st number forty one had put on :shock: :lol:

It would be a safer place if wimmin just walked!!

Lol
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Predictable, sexist claptrap from the usual predictable sexists - sorry - suspects. Just as not all men are dull-witted, bone-headed, armpit-and-groin scratching idiots, neither are all women simple-minded, vacuous, teetering-and-primping dimwits. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Predictable, sexist claptrap from the usual predictable sexists - sorry - suspects. Just as not all men are dull-witted, bone-headed, armpit-and-groin scratching idiots, neither are all women simple-minded, vacuous, teetering-and-primping dimwits. DD

Could NOT have put it better myself DD

we are also less likley to kill people aren't we in our cars :grin:

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    frogmorton wrote:
    dreamdaisy wrote:

Could NOT have put it better myself DD

we are also less likley to kill people aren't we in our cars :grin:

Love

Toni xx

:lol::lol: ladies lets not let them wind us up :lol:
    we know wimmen (think thats how they spell it , wrong ofcourse :lol: ) are the better drivers

Juliepf x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    mmmmmm looking at my reply I might not be as good on computers :lol:
    julie47 :lol:
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Del
    Rehab
    Youv'e got to admit, there's abit of a Top Gear, Clarkson syndrome with men drivers. I am getting a bit sick of Audi, BMW drivers up my backside, headlights on, and when he eventualy passes you ( when your doing 39 in a 40 zone ), gives you a stare.
    I am so p...d off with them , I've started brakeing hard for no reason, soon gets them even more angry. Alanthemanc
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Del
    Good points, well made, but I don't know what it is, young male drivers worry me a bit, thats why it costs them 3 grand to insure a Fiesta, so there must be something in it.
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options

You lot are SO funny sometimes. Ladies, look how much the blokes try to defend themselves. It's because they know they're the weaker species really. In 50 years time we probably won't need them and will probably just keep them as pets.

Nxx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    :eek: Woof :eek: :lol:
    NinaKKang wrote:

You lot are SO funny sometimes. Ladies, look how much the blokes try to defend themselves. It's because they know they're the weaker species really. In 50 years time we probably won't need them and will probably just keep them as pets.

Nxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    See? Tony knows his place already! Knew that Janet had things sorted...

Nxx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I'm still leader of the pack! Lol
    And I can parallel park without wondering if my lippy matches my shoes :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    ok folks as i am a non driver can i ask your opinion on something.

i walk to work passed a primary school and along the pavement is a single yellow line - all the parents park there but half on the road and half on the pavement - is this legal?

this morning a car half mounted the pavement and then drove full speed all the way down almost squashing me against the wall - he then shouted at me to watch where i'm walking - couldn't reply i was shaking so much still shaking now.

Katie :shock:
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Katie5
    I wouldn't have thought that putting any car on a public pavement is legal. It's just that the police can't be bothered with stuff like that, they are after speeding motorist's.
    It's funny really, because 30 years ago, it wouldn't have happend, it seems like some kind of modern day stunt. Alanthemanc
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Tony? You and me both - I don't wear lippy and much prefer driving with bare feet.

katie5, welcome to the world of the pratparent. They abound, they really do: their little darlings (whom we should hold in HUGE awe) are not supposed to exert themselves in any way, shape or form, hence their being dropped off at school despite the fact that they (probably) live just a five minute walk away. Pratparenting is the new, modern phenomenon.

Alan? The police cannot be everywhere. Which is probably just as well. DD
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    NinaKKang wrote:

Nxx

Like that Nina, with a bit of luck they will come with batteries which we can remove to put in the remote control!!
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Ive gone off women drivers ........haha. no only joking
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Katie, it is a sad reflection on today's society, as DD says, parents actively encourage little tarquin asbo reebok hollyoaks to do as little excersise as possible cos they are too bloody lazy themselves... And we wonder why there are so many overweight children.... I used to walk four miles to school, from one end of Leeds to the other.... If I couldn't be bothered walking I used my skateboard....
    Now I wish I could walk half a mile, so the lazy folks make my blood boil.

PS, DD, ain't driving in bare feet great, I do it all through the summer.. Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Well, I didnt pass my driving test untill I was 28 (25 years ago) bought a mini and a year later was driving a mini bus, I have driven all over the place, motorways, A roads & B roads, Have pulled a caravan in my time and a trailer with 12 canoes from worksop to wales.
    I don't mind driving but do mind the idiots - those who think is fun to pass a woman, those who drive too close, and especially those who think they can drive fast in any condition.
    I drive for a reason, Its a bit too far to walk to the bus stop these days, its convenient and it gives me the freedom to choose where I want to go and when.
    It also gives me an opportunity to watch idiots at play and risk my life!
    Cath
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    katie5 wrote:
    i walk to work passed a primary school and along the pavement is a single yellow line - all the parents park there but half on the road and half on the pavement - is this legal?

this morning a car half mounted the pavement and then drove full speed all the way down almost squashing me against the wall - he then shouted at me to watch where i'm walking - couldn't reply i was shaking so much still shaking now.
    Katie :shock:
    A single yellow line means that there is No Parking at certain hours of the day, this is shown on a small square plate which is displayed near to the lines.

Parking, even with 2 wheels on the pavement is illegal and is classified as obstructing the footpath. However, if there is sufficient space to get a pram or wheelchair past the car, then it is difficult to prove obstruction. Driving along the footpath is classified as dangerous driving, a far more serious offence and can result in prosecution. Driving across the footpath to access premises is legal, but drivers have to give way to pedestrians.

You can contact your local police anonymously on Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 and report what happened and ask them to take action. Or online at https://secure.crimestoppers-uk.org/ams.form.anonymous.asp Give them the registration number of the vehicle and tell them what happened. At least he may get a visit and a few choice words of wisdom in his ear. You will remain anonymous.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • livinglegend
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    You lucky lucky b******d! I used to walk 400 miles to school, backwards, naked in the winter, kids today don't know they have been born :roll:
    You lucky lad, I didn't even get to walk backwards!t118055.gif
    Josephm0310.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    katie5 wrote:
    i Parking, even with 2 wheels on the pavement is illegal and is classified as obstructing the footpath. However, if there is sufficient space to get a pram or wheelchair past the car, then it is difficult to prove obstruction. Driving along the footpath is classified as dangerous driving, a far more serious offence and can result in prosecution. Driving across the footpath to access premises is legal, but drivers have to give way to pedestrians.

Joseph

Is it still illegal to mount the kerb...unless it's a dropped one?

As for parents dropping their kids off at school, I think it can be as much to do with the fact that these days we are expected to have a HUGE houes and flatscreen TV, Xbox, Wii and playstation etc therefore BOTH parents probably HAVE to work and in order for them to get there in time they have to chuck 'em out so they can dash off themselves.

I think it would be good if there was a kind of 'drive through' :lol:

Fair few of the teachers at my local school could walk in too :roll:

Love

toni xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Dear readers, maybe I down played my walking to school as a child, you see it was in bare feet over broken glass and rusty nails. This was after doing a fifty hour shift over night down t'pit.. My parents had flogged me to death twice each morning before leaving for school, used to dance up and down on mi grave singing hallelujah..
    Eee, good old days :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • livinglegend
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Is it still illegal to mount the kerb...unless it's a dropped one?
    Local councils usually have a bylaw prohibiting it, as dropping the kerb also involves reinforcing the pavement which is not designed to take the weight of a car.

Plus they want their high fees for putting in a dropped kerb where needed.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    I think women drivers are slightly better than male drivers, because they are not as aggressive, and if your not aggressive behind the wheel, you are calmer.
    Agression leads to mistakes, and mistakes lead to accidents, so if you look at it logically, women are the better drivers.......... just my opinion
    Alanthemanc
    i agree we are careful and think things through and are sometimes emotional when it comes to our kids but when we are driving we dont take chances because usally we have our kids in our car with us and their safety is important.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif