Women drivers

Options
2»

Comments

• katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    As for parents dropping their kids off at school, I think it can be as much to do with the fact that these days we are expected to have a HUGE houes and flatscreen TV, Xbox, Wii and playstation etc therefore BOTH parents probably HAVE to work and in order for them to get there in time they have to chuck 'em out so they can dash off themselves.

I think it would be good if there was a kind of 'drive through'

Fair few of the teachers at my local school could walk in too

Love

toni xx

I must say some of these parents are terrible,my daughters school is in the next village which is about 3 miles so we drive but im always shocked at some of them that have driven from a home thats less than 10 minutes away and they just seem to abandon their cars as close to the gate as they can possibly get parked any old how!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    There is a regular traffic warden who paroles outside my daughter's school as it is permit parking only. The permit costs about £50 per year I think.Rather than save this money many parents drive their children to and from the school. A lot of parents seem to be in a permanent rush and panic.
    My OH walks our daughter to the school every day but on ocassions I have to hobble up there on my crutches. I find it difficult but preferable to all the parking hassles everybody else puts up with. I think it is far easier to walk and cannot see why they don't do so.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    because they're too bloody bone idle most of the time Elizabeth.
    C****t, what most of us in here wouldn't give to be able to walk the kids to school each morning without struggling/payback and all the other nastiness that would ensue.. :shock: :roll: wish they would realise how bloody lucky most of them are..
    :x :x :x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    It is the fault of schools that we have this problem. The schools know that parents bring their children by car and make NO provision for parent parking or dropping off.

Legally the school is responsible for causing a public nuisance by not providing sufficient off-road parking as they know that parents drive cars to school and there have been complaints about obstruction. They could be taken to court and forced to make provision if anyone complains. How they make provision is their problem and not the complainants, the school can be heavily fined for non-compliance IF a court orders them to desist the nuisance and they do not comply with the court order.

'A person is guilty of a public nuisance (also known as common nuisance), who (a) does an act not warranted by law, or (b) omits to discharge a legal duty, if the effect of the act or omission is to endanger the life, health, property, morals, or comfort of the public, or to obstruct the public in the exercise or enjoyment of rights common to all Her Majesty's subjects.' Archbold: Criminal Pleading, Evidence and Practice.(2005)

The case would be brought by the Crown and not by individuals, even though they are the complainants. Whether the Crown would be willing to take a local council to court is doubtful, as all schools would then have to comply as the decision would set a precedent. So, in reality, expect nothing to be done about it as the DPP tends to be (put politely) inefficient.
    Josephm0310.gif