facebook prob with a man

Options
tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 20. Apr 2011, 16:48 in Community Chit-chat archive
well i just had a message for a date and friend request from a bloke i don't know. it makes me feel scared. any ideas what should i do?

elizabeth
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    block him and he wont be able to bother you anymore. its disterbing when some thing like that happens. take a note of his name, click ignore then in settings some where (might be edit friends not sure now theve moved it all around) there is a part where you can block people, just type his name in. you may get a few pictures come up just click on the one thats his and he will be blocked and unable to bother you again. hope this helps
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,,

I hope you reported him to the arthritis forum, it's awful and I can understand how you must be feelling.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Karen he is on fb. Coco I know how to block but don't want to upset someone who is prepared to ask for a date with a stranger.I clicked I don't know this person and fb says it will prevent anymore messages I then typed in his name and saw he lives in Texas!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

Why would you not want to block someone who is prepared to ask for a date with a stranger? If he lives in Texas is he gonna jet over should you have ever said yes? I would block, block and block him if I was in your shoes, but no one would do that to me on FB after seeing my photos on there. :lol:

Now if it was someone that you did know and you had no interest in them and did not want them to be a friend of yours either, then I can see how you may not want to hurt their feelings.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • coco67
    Options
    Elizabeth you can just block him anyway hun, or leave it as you have done now and keep an eye, if you get any more or anything unpleasent then you will have to report him. me personally id just totally block him then he cant see anything and learn anything about me at all. its what you feel comfortable doing that counts though, im glad you have taken some action.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Oh Elizabeth

this is one of the donwsides of social networking!!!

You have already done what you need to ignore him he will soon hassle someone else.

So long as it's not you.

Love

toni xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Elna, I think I will block him. Part of me thinks he may have come through the autistic fb pages I use so he means no harm but his message was scary (date me exclusively)! so yes I will block.
    I have changed my profile pick to a cartoon now!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Elizabeth,

Yes, as you say that could well be a possibility. I am sorry that I shall not see your lovely picture that you had there before. I must go, have a look at what you have chosen instead.

I just had a look, although you have changed your profile piccie the other one is still visible in the few photos that run across the top of your profile page, yes?

Love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    Options
    I think only accepted friends get to see that info so that is okay. Correct me if i am wrong.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    I have hidden that pic now to be on the safe side. I do feel shaken though.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I think only accepted friends get to see that info so that is okay. Correct me if i am wrong.Elizabeth

Maybe ............. as Lola would say.

Love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I have hidden that pic now to be on the safe side. I do feel shaken though.E x

Dear Elizabeth,

Today of all days too. I am sure it will be alright now. Something to mention to OH ........... a bit of shock treatment perhaps?

Love
    Elna x

• tkachev
    Options
    Yes I read the message to him hoping me might have some advice but he didn't seem interested! I do hope that is the end of it!

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth only signed up to fb so that I could find my long lost cousin, I had all soughts asking to be friends......I know you can block these people...but its getting the security settings right...I found out that my friends friends could view my pics...so I took them off....only me on now, and to honest I dont care for it...fb not my pic.... :lol:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • coco67
    Options
    if you know how you can lock your face book down so far that even if your name is typed in a search it wouldnt show up. mine is so closed down if i want to add someone i have to do the adding as they cant find of send a friend request. i never have my pik as my profile pik either . i hope the problem is solved now and you have no more bother. make sure you tell hubby also xxx
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Set your profile to 'Friends only' on the settings of who can see your details, that stops any unwanted attention. Work your way through the list, it'll soon sort out your unwanted 'new friends'.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thanks Airwave I have done that. You just don't know if bloke will get upset by being blocked that is what worries me.
    Don't know what else is possible to make the page really safe.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • coco67
    Options
    Elizabeth, did he have access to your address, phone number, date of birth etc if the answer is no then what can this guy possibley do he cant do anything on your face book as he is blocked. ive block alsorts of wierdos when i first started with facebook and never had any come back, i am sure you will be fine and have nothing more of him.
  • tkachev
    Options
    He would have seen my date of birth but not my year. I have no phone link and no address shows. I have taken my birth date off now.When I first log on it says my security is low but I don't know what mor I can do?

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • coco67
    Options
    Elizabeth, i honestly dont think anything more can be done by him and you can stop worrying. you will make yourself ill otherwise and he isnt worth that. xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    soory this happened to you it all part of it i only accept people i know and block anyone else as they could be sending viruses or be not nice people it always good to keep an eye on settings as they always messing about with it val
    val
  • tkachev
    Options
    I didn't sleep very well. The day before I had some peoples posts online and they weren't accepted friends. Sometimes fb has problems.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    hi elizabeth,

i am so sorry to here this.

i would de friend him, and block him and what ever i got to do to make yourself feel better, please please dont loose any sleep over this person its really not worth it, maybe thats what he wants, dont give him the satisfaction, also i think you can change your facebook settings and make it more secure so no one can hack into it, as i had that happen to me, you take care elizabeth D needs his mum.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Sylvia, He has never been a friend but I was upset that he asked to be friends along with his stupid message. I just hope he will move on,

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Elizabeth

Ignore, block and report....This is the problem with sites like this and it makes me even more wary of it than i was before......

You dont need any unwanted attention in yourlife.....

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi Sylvia, He has never been a friend but I was upset that he asked to be friends along with his stupid message. I just hope he will move on,

Elizabeth