facebook prob with a man

Options
2»

Comments

• Dottydoodah
    Dottydoodah Member Posts: 169
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sadly, this kind of thing is normal on the internet.
    I have been using it since the mid 90s and i remember once an Arab man sent me a message (cant remember what site i was on) asking if i would marry him for £10,000 fleetingly i thought of the shopping spree, but came to my senses :lol:
    I told my husband and he said, tell him if he offers 500 camels we'll consider it :shock:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Omg that would freak me out.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Elaine. Thanks for that, just waiting and if any hassle will take steps.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Dottydoodah
    Dottydoodah Member Posts: 169
    Options
    He was just a chancer trying to get any woman he could find to get him into the country.
    Didnt worry me too much. Anyway..my OH is a 6ft 4" New Zealander who would scare the hell out of him :P
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth..
    Sorry I've not been around too much.
    Of really wouldn't worry about it too much, as long as you have blocked him or whatever it is you do on bumface (facebook)...
    :grin::grin: We all have your back anyways :grin::grin:

I will distract him with my wit and sarcasm (Americans just don't understand it) while Mellman & Rehab give him a jolly good kicking.
    :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • need me bed
    need me bed Member Posts: 103
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,

I'm a facebook user myself and have gone through all my privacy setting so only people i choose can see specific info about me, I have my friends list divided into different catagories, ie family, work, people i only know through facebook and 'real' friends. then you can be even more specific with your privacy so for instance family and real friends i trust can see everything, work/ facebook friends can only see what i want them to see....

I have had a few random request the same as you before i'd set my security up properly, and now i've done it it doesnt happen at all, the only people that can 'see me' are friends of friends , and i prefer people ask me first if i would like to be their friend or vice versa. Personally I think it's only polite that if you want to be friends with someone they or you ask... otherwise i just ignore them or block them should the need arise.

It's always worth checking your privacy settings so you can pick and chose who or what can be seen. i certainly feel more secure. I dont give out personal details to people until i get to know them either.

hope this helps you some. if i can be of any further assistance please feel free to PM me and i'll point you in the right direction if i can.
    gentle hugs
    xxxxxx
    f055.gif

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thank you need my bed. I is a minefield so might be PM ing you. I lik fb so that i can keep in touch with friends and family but not interested in the rest.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • need me bed
    need me bed Member Posts: 103
    Options
    Anytime Liz... i'm only ever a PM away!!
    xxx

:lol:
    f055.gif

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.