Have you been watching the wedding?

Options
tillytop
tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
edited 3. May 2011, 06:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
Despite my best intentions, I have been glued to the telly since about 8.30am and have enjoyed every minute! I thought the dress was absolutely beautiful, the cermony moving and I just loved all the "pomp". It was also lovely to see so many people out on the streets, enjoying the occasion in a good-natured way, with none of the aggro and general shameful behaviour we often see these days.

Tilly xxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Loved it. I was bored by the build up but the actual ceremony etc was fabulous. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    My youngest wanted to watch it and everyone elsewasin bed still so yes, I watced it, she did look really georgious didn't she.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Watched all of the ceremony and some of the before bits, a wonderful affair, that only Britain can do so well. Kate looked stunning, they looked so happy to be together and seemed very relaxed and comfortable.

I wish them well in their future together. Loved it, feeling all patriotic now. Time for a cup of T and a cucumber sandwich :grin:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I would loved to have been there...but I suppose we got a much better view of everything.....I have really enjoyed it......even the weather was much better than they said it would be
    Loved the car ride at the end.....
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I have been watching the wedding, and I loved it. I thought that Kate's dress was really beautiful. She looked stunning-so elegant, classical, and quite understated. William and Harry both looked very handsome in their uniforms. Princess Diana would have been so proud of her two sons today.

I enjoyed the ceremony too, with such beautiful music. Despite all the grandeur of the occasion, the simplicity of two people who love each other making their vows was very moving to watch. You could forget all the pomp and ceremony surrounding them at that moment, as I'm sure they did too.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Didn't I tell you all I loaned my wedding dress to Catherine and tiara .....I hope she looks after them :wink:

I watched it all and thoroughly enjoyed it, glad I wasn't there for the chance of and occasional glimpse and was able to see it in the comfort of my home.

What worries me is what do those peeps do on the front row if they needed the loo????????????????????????? e035.gif
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Linda,
    I suppose the event is so well co-ordinated, they make sure everyone's "been" before it starts :D

I sort of watched it on and off most of the day - I had a busy day but caught the beginning at the hairdressers (I took pity on the girl doing my hair and we left it half done to watch Kate getting out of the car), at my friend's house where we had lunch and then at mum and dad's where Dad held forth on all the comings and goings of the Royal Family since he arrived in England in 1969! I did like watching it, anarchist though I am... they do make a stunning couple but, ladies? Prince Harry???? PHWOARGH! (please don't tell my daughters I said that!)

I want to be invited to an English wedding now just so I can buy a cool hat! Go on, someone get married and invite me! Promise to behave myself and "go" before the ceremony starts!

Nxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    It was a great ceremony, made me smile like an idiot, well, like my usual self anyway, something that I've missed doing...
    She did look so beautiful eh? And I think that they got exactly what they wanted, the way they wanted it.. Great.. Fun in the car at the end too..
    I wish nothing but the best for them both...
    Now we just need old jug lugs to step to one side with his horse faced bride & let Wills be next in line...

Today was just what this country needed, a good tonic to help against the misery that is our horrible society.. Well, a lot of it anyway.

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I watched it and absolutely loved it. Kate was so beautiful and elegant in her dress, and they looked so happy together. I thought it so nice it didn't rain and that so many turned out to watch them.

Marvellous!!
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Good luck to them both, Kate is a bloody babe and William seems a really nice chap and well grounded, also Harry I think has a really good sense of humour , there mum would be proud if she were alive to see how they have turned out.
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Congratulations to a Lovely couple, Wonderful day, had a blast at our street party, heck of a clean up tomorrow :lol: Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    I wasn't going to watch it but I'm afraid I got caught up in it all and watched. It was a stunning display of what the British can do so well when we put our minds to it.

Did anyone else notice that on the return journey to Buck House each time William saluted Catherine bowed her head? I thought this showed just how much respect she has for the armed forces.

Also on the way back there was a riderless horse which bolted past the landau - hope the rider was ok.

So here I am at 3am and have just watched the highlights again and still grinning like a cheshire cat!!

God bless them both.

K xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    So glad that you all (except perhaps Del?!!!) enjoyed it as much as I did! And there are some lovely photos in the paper this morning.

Tilly xxx

PS: Lindalegs - I had exactly the same thought! I had to turn down my invite on the basis I couldn't sit still in the Abbey for that long without, well you know :roll:. Well that and the fact that I couldn't find an outfit to go with my clumpy black shoes. :lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    So what did you think of all the outfits :?:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1381800/Royal-Wedding-guests-Style-queens-court-jesters.html

I thought that Carole Middleton, the mother of the bride, looked very stylish and chic, and the Queen looked bright and cheerful in the yellow outfit. I thought the worst two outfits were those worn by the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie. With all their money, and top designers to advise them, how could they both get it so wrong :?: Beatrice's outfit would have been OK without that ridiculous hat :shock: but Eugenie's Vivienne Westwood creation was a disaster, and didn't flatter her at all. When they appeared at the abbey, it reminded me of the two ugly sisters in pantomime, with Kate Middleton as Cinderella.

David Beckham :!: :!: WOW :!: :!: :lol: With such a handsome husband, why doesn't Victoria manage to smile :?:
  • RichC
    RichC Member Posts: 260
    Options
    Was their a wedding on somewhere? ohhhh damn ... missed it ;)
    RXX
  • joanlawson
    Options
    RichC wrote:
    Was their a wedding on somewhere? ohhhh damn ... missed it ;)
    RXX

Were you on a different planet yesterday then :?: :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Some hack described Mrs Beckham as looking like a 'furious dormouse'. What a great phrase. As for her gormless twerp of a husband, wearing his decoration on the wrong side despite the request for gongs to be left at home, well, words fail me. There were some astonishingly ghastly outfits, some stunning ones and the Maid of Honour's figure? Wow, I used to look like that. Mr DD says I still do (but only when he takes his specs off). DD
  • joanlawson
    Options
    A gormless twerp :?: :shock: :shock: I'd forgive him anything, DD :lol::lol:

Yes, I used to look like the maid of honour too. Still do when I put my rose-tinted spectacles on :lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Unlike the lady wife, he is worth looking at, I will concede that. He obviously has mighty powers as the twiglet is impregnated for a fourth time and still hasn't broken - that takes some skill! :smile:
  • RichC
    RichC Member Posts: 260
    Options
    yeh i thought it might have been .. but seriously i tried to avoid it all day .. and was successful up until i turned the tv on in the evening and caught a glimpse of the couple :)

Just doesn't interest me at all :)
    R
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :grin: Yes, yes, yes, I am still on a high from yesterday and the partying with family and one lot of friends. It was a wonderful day to see the happy couple wed and to be with my family too. Champagne, great buffet, no need to dress up, little Lola in her princess dress, giving her coy, grown up look, as she gave us a twirl and she is not three yet. :smile:

I thought Kate looked perfect, the small posy was so effective, beautiful, simple dress, lovely, lace long sleeves and lace neckline, no necklace, no nailvarnish, absolutely perfect. When William saw her in her dress he said "you look beautiful" and so she is.

Elna x :grin:
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Very nice wedding-lots of nice touches and they did look like they were enjoying it. Kate didnt look nervous.

There was mention on the news about a change so that the monarchy could marry commoners. When did that happen? and is it why they waited a few years to get married?
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Did you see the video of the verger who cartwheeled down the aisle at Westminster Abbey when all the guests had gone? Very funny :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlL0pddRngo
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My favourite person of the day - the small, rather grumpy bridesmaid. Fabulous. She has stolen my heart (and that takes some doing). DD
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    Catherine looked absolutely stunning,stylish simple elegance every inch an english princess,william and harry were very handsome(HARRY WAS GORGEOUS LOL)my 4 year old loved it so much ive had to keep it on sky+ and she has so far watched it 3 times!!!! i think its going to dissapear soon!all her barbies have since got married lol,im afraid to me the queen looked like a lemon bon bon and the two princesses eugenie and beatrice looked awful they have certainly inherited their mothers bad taste in clothes,