Options
2»

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    carola wrote:
    Meant to say, perhaps the Docs should start prescribing a mouse or two to arthritis sufferers as it sure cured my SLE Lupus and Arthritis as I bolted for the door! haha x

Mice on prescription!! :lol:
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I am so sorry that you are feeling this way DD, but I must say that you are one of the strongest women on this forum and I admire your strength and determination.

You obviously dont see this at the moment but you will get back on top, I know you will. I am sending you big hugs and do really hope that you are feeling more on top again soon.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hey DD

Still thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I honestly don't know what to say to all of you who have replied to this self-pitying bleat that I posted last night, with your words of support and encouragement, apart from a heartfelt thank you to each and every one.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Self pitying bleat?! Self PITYING BLEAT?! Don't be a daft aporth DD! You are one of the least self-pitying people I know, and, as for bleating, well don't make me laff :lol:

Support and encouragement - that's what we're here for.

Love Tilly xxx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I thought I had replied to this, but cant find my reply. That seems to be happening a lot to me lately :shock:

Anyway, am sending you hugs, big (((hugs))) and HUGE (((((((hugs)))))))

It is a journey with arthritis and at times bumpy. You are a huge comfort to many on here with your wit and pearls of wisdom. I know I appreciate how you have supported me. Time for us to repay the favour, I feel. Trouble is I am not as eloquent as you, but my sentiments are heartfelt.

Be kind to yourself, it is suprising what trips us up. We cope with the rocks thrown at us then trip over the pebbles. I think you are amazing, you cope brilliantly with all you have to put up with. I am going nuts after a few years, so goodness knows how I wll be further down the track. An inspiration to us all and a reminder it can be done, with dignity, humour and a few soggy hand towels. :lol:

I think having OA guarantees you a special seat in the pub, if I remember rightly. See, every cloud has a silver lining. :lol:
  • sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    Options
    It's not just you. Anyone who knows me would describe me as fun, life & soul etc etc. My 'real' friends know I am putting on a brave face at the moment & struggling. I am trying my best to be FUN (& to most who don't know me well it is working)....now that I am alone, I am wallowing in self pity & miserable-ness (COS I CAN COS NOONE IS LOOKING).

Feet up, tabs taken, drink poured....who caresville....
  • sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    Options
    I too have had a major melt down tonight....I haven't read all the other replies...I saw yours & just went to 'post reply'
    I went to work, put on a brave face & then cried all the 10min walk to the carpark on the way out (due to foot pain & sheer frustration). I then drove to GP appt with tears streaming down my face. I then went into GP's office & cried even more. Came home...wept more.

Dad dropped kids off (bless him - they were off school & he has entertained them all day). I managed to get them ready for bed, put another brave face on, then crumbled as soon as they were gone (hubby away).

So...its not just you.....I feel a bit better now got feet up but still teary. People at work who don't know about all this sh1t think I am Mrs cheerful life & soul of office (which I AM when feeling well). Struggling to keep it together. I am also worried that my kids will just remember me as 'the woman in the pjs & burgundy dressing gown'. That's all they see..

I wanted to tell you that you are the 'MAIN WOMAN' (imagine Ali G saying it!!). You are the voice of reason on the forum & you have 'much respect' (imagine Ali G again). Why someone as clever & funny as you has been singled out to suffer all this rubbish makes me wonder what sort of a world this is??!!

You play a major role on this forum & I always read your replies with relish as you are a) spot on & b) always trying to make light of a bad situation.

Anyway....I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in the meltdowns & that your role here is appreciated. As an aside, I have had the antidepressant you are now on (for PND) & I found it helpful.

Have a good weekend & get down the pub!
    Nina xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Morning DD!

How goes it today and how was last night's curry? I haven't tried making a healthy curry yet so going to try that - see? You even provide inspiration on my food intake!!

Hope you washed the curry down with lashings and lashings of good beer?

It is a gorgeous day up here in Edinburgh and I hope the sun is smiling on you 'down souffffff' too.

You have a good day today.
    Carol x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    morning DD how are you diddling this morning ok i hope , it takes a little while at times for things to work , so dont think its self pity look at it as self presevation its all better out than in , gentle hugs for being you xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi DD,

Leaving a hope, strength and stamina buckets as well as an assortment of sounds I can't begin to type.

You make sure you find some 'me time' to sit and chillouty otherwise we will come up and make you... there are a lot of us and many of us are cats :wink:

hang in there flower it will get better. ((((( ))))) Cris and the employers xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello everyone, and again heartfelt thanks from me to all of you. It's been an odd morning, one way and another, but I am slowly getting to grips with the day. It's cold, windy, damp and dark. Lovely. I have taken the second citalopram (I threw yesterday's up, got me timings wrong or summat) but so far so good with today's. I know this will pass, I also know I don't know when: I have been low with all of this before, but this is a thorough, proper low, not a passing one. :roll: Never mind.

I hope we all have a reasonable Bank Holiday, and not just weather-wise. I won't be about too much, well, that's the plan, but DD and no forum? Yup, I know, I am the forum trollop. :grin:
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Hi DD

Wish I could do something to cheer you up to repay you for your fun quips for me. I hope you keep this c down today and you get some relief soon. I know how it feels when youre so down but being on here really does help I just hope we can all be of as much help to you as you are to us.

Sending some((((((())))))) youre way
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi

It's no joke having pain - it's a good thing your husband was on hand to give you comfort. I think we all have days like that when we're blighted with pain and can't do a thing. Then it's time for a good cry and a restful day.

I do hope you're feeling better today. Enjoy the weekend. The weather isn't very nice here in Hampshire.

Regards
    Sharmaine
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Hi DD
    How are you feeling this morning? A little brighter I hoPe. Jtst a few gentle hugs to start your day((((()))))
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh my dear DD

as you know i have been away and so have only just seen this thread.

I am so sorry that you have been feeling so down. I hope today the new meds have started to help and you are maybe feeling a little better.

You are a stong lady and you will feel better soon, I am sending strong get well vibes and soothing hugs (((((((((())))))))))) .

Thinking of you
    Love Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    My dear dear friend DD, one of my three amigos.. I can't type nearly as much as I'd like to as my hands are like rubber gloves filled with a mixture of water & pain today.... But...
    You are such a great influence to many on here, especially me, and I truly hope that the anti-d's will help, I've been on them now for a while, yes folks, even crazy happy me gets down, hard to believe I know.. Lol
    I've had rough times lately & you've been there as a friend, you should know that there is not just me here for you but many of us.
    I will add more later hun...

Be well mi dear.
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I won't fib, life isn't going well today. Never mind, the third pill was taken - and stayed down - so hopefully things will start to even out soon. I haven't had a bad day so far - an exciting trip to B&Q to buy a basin plug, a waddle round the town then a bank holiday treat of a burger at BurgerQueen (I am sure you do know where I mean) but stuff hurts and I am tired (an invasion of Davids is to blame for that!) and stuff still hurts. Grrrrr.

You lot take care of yourselves please, I'll be back later perhaps or if not definitely tomorrow. DD
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Daisy, sorry to hear that life isnt going well. I hope tomorrow is brighter for you. One day at a time.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Just got back and am catching up on posts.....I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad time.....you ....self pitying????? dont be silly woman :P
    You're the one that keeps the rest of us going through all your problems
    Its 8pm Sunday now ...hope you are feeling a bit better now

love and (((((((((()))))))))))) hileena