Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

double wrist fusion

bobblekinsbobblekins Posts: 7
edited 1. Jun 2011, 10:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi. I am a 47 year old nursary nurse with OA. In a couple of weeks I am due to have my second wrist fusion. I am really worried about returning to work eventually as having 2 fused wrists is going to be difficult to carry out my job. Has any body had this done and can offer any encouragement or advice. Thank you

Comments

• julie47julie47 Posts: 6,142
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi bobblekins

Sorry I can not help but......
    Just want to welcome you to the forum and wish you luck with the second fusion.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • constableconstable Posts: 2,115
    Sorry I can't help either, I wanted to welcome you. There will be people here that will be able to help just be patient for them to come along.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • bobblekinsbobblekins Posts: 7
    Hi Bobblekins

Good to meet you, but so sorry to hear about your wrists.

I can't help I'm afraid, but if you try a search in the search box above - key in wrist fusion, something may come up. I wonder if ringing the helpline here might be of help? The number is at the top of the page. Might be worth a try. In the meantime, I wish you all the best. If you have any other questions or concerns, don't be afraid to post here - people will be only to pleased to help if they can.

Good luck with everything,
    take care,
    Lynn

Hi Lynn
    Thank you for the warm welcome and the advice, I will take a look.
    Thanks again
    Sandra
    constable wrote:
    Sorry I can't help either, I wanted to welcome you. There will be people here that will be able to help just be patient for them to come along.

Karen xx

Hi Karen
    Thanks anyway :smile:

Sandra x
    julie47 wrote:
    Hi bobblekins

Sorry I can not help but......
    Just want to welcome you to the forum and wish you luck with the second fusion.

Take care
    Juliepf x

Hi Julie

Thank you for the welcome. I hope the surgery goes ahead this time, it was cancelled in March :???:

Thanks again
    Sandra