Options
2»

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Ron
    I am so glad it is going well for you, I suppose you can still expect pain, but you really are getting there.
    Now dont overdo things please, little and often has they they say....sorry I sound like matron.. :roll: :grin:
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    tiggernut wrote:
    Hi Ron,
    How did it go Tues, are you up and running now?
    Sorry if you have already posted the anwser and I missed it, I've been on holiday.
    Anita.

Hi Anita
    Great to hear from you again.Hope you enjoyed your holiday and come back refreshed.How are things for you now?
    Had posted on the forum (Ron's got a new ankle - Part 3).Had the cast removed last Tuesday.Had bit of a wobbly the next day,but progressing now and walking with more confidence and little pain,albeit with crutches.
    Increasing the weight bearing little by little and ankle movement,sensible lad!
    Regards
    Ron xx

Hi Ron,

That's great news glad it's going well.
    I have rung my consultant and asked for an appointment to have the injection. The ankle hurts all the time now and now my knee is playing up on then opposite leg it's difficult to know which one to protect lol!
    Take care,
    Anita.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Anita
    Sorry your ankle is now hurting all the time,but you can't suffer like you do.I'm sure you are doing the right thing having the injection.
    I know when my ankle hurt I instinctively put more weight on the opposite leg and this did cause pain in both knee and hip on this side.Do you think this could be a contributary factor to your knee pain?
    Hope you get on okay and keep me posted.
    Regards
    Ron xx
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Hi Anita
    Sorry your ankle is now hurting all the time,but you can't suffer like you do.I'm sure you are doing the right thing having the injection.
    I know when my ankle hurt I instinctively put more weight on the opposite leg and this did cause pain in both knee and hip on this side.Do you think this could be a contributary factor to your knee pain?
    Hope you get on okay and keep me posted.
    Regards
    Ron xx
    Hi Ron,

Yes I do think the ankle pain has caused the knee problem. As you say you instinctively put the weight on the other side without realising it.
    Hopefully I won't have to wait long for an appointment and if it works and sorts the pain it will sort the knee out. I have an appointment with the rhematology nurse Friday I may ask her for some physio. I have always found ultra sound very good in the past but not sure if you can have it on artifical joints!
    I'll keep you posted.
    Take care, Anita.