Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hi helpline, any info on Golimumab?

Poppyg1rlPoppyg1rl Posts: 1,245
Hi,
I know you're not there at the weekends, but at my appt on Friday my rheumatologist said he would like me to try Golimumab? I had been on Humira and had a bad reaction (lung/breathing difficulties) and had to come off everything bar 25mg prednisolone.
Well, my lung has now healed, and I'm back on Methotrexate and as I say Golimumab is the new drug proposed for me to try but I don't know anything about it, can you help? any information about it would be good. Obviously you don't know if you are going to have a reaction to something unless you try it, as was the case with Humira, but I'm keen to find out a bit more about this new anti TNF.
Thanks helplines Xxxx
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• helpline_teamhelpline_team Posts: 2,066
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Poppyg1rl

Although we are not in the office one of us is always around to look in at weekends. Here is a link to info on Golimumab for you: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis_information/arthritis_drugs_and_medication/golimumab.aspx
    We'll be around on Monday if you need to talk to us.
    Have a lovely weekend.

Simona
  • Poppyg1rlPoppyg1rl Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Simona,
    Thankyou so much for the link, I really appreciate your help. It's a bit scary trying another anti TNF after the Humira reaction, but I read the link and understand a lot more about Golimumab, hopefully it will be the right one for me :grin:
    Thanks again, you do a wonderful job of looking after us all I'm very grateful :grin:
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X