I'm expecting to lose a few friends ...

Options
kneegirl
kneegirl Member Posts: 492
edited 27. Jun 2011, 04:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have recently had a cull of people who moaned about having a head ache or a painful shoulder - I had to remove them if I didn't I was going to tell them to get a grip as they have NO idea what being ill really is, they should spend a day in mine and others on here shoes then they would understand what being extremely seriously ill and badly disabled is!! rant over!
event.png

Comments

• fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    FB? ........... you don't mean the horrendous facebook do you? :shock:

Steer well clear. Mind you I'm an old lady quite keen on that ridiculous face to face or telephonic stuff :roll:
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Del - you're on FB and never looked me up??? :D

I don't understand how some people can have 2000 friends? I don't think I've met that many in my whole life!

Nxx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Facebook.. :roll:

I used to love it.. but recently had to delete people as i was fed up of reading really lame things people said...
    "Just ate a curry, now off to toilet to s**t it out" Why would people want to know that..???
    As Kneegirl said too many people moan on there.. too be honest i only go on there now to play a few word games and to be nosey what is going on in everyones elses life lol...
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dell how did we never meet on fb do u have len on ????? val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I can't be bothered with AR$EFACE...

Too many fools around. I'll stick to the arthritic loons on here. :grin::smile::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    yes I am on face book,

i know u r we are pals but have u got del on your pals list?????
    val
  • valval
    Options
    thanks pal can not c him on your list ????
    val
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    well looks like im the only one on here who likes facebook???

last week for 4 days continously had a headache, i have just over 200 friends on my list of friends, many i know personally and some through other forums, one lady owns her own villa in florida thats how we got in touch we are both part of an orlando villas forum, well for a while now she has been a rep for 'forever living' selling aloe vera products, a couple of months ago she sent me some free samples down as my elbows were playing up, she advised me to massage some heat lotion to the sore parts, it felt really good, but she saw my headache post and i had forgotten about the samples and she said to massage into temples and back of neck, within 20 minutes i felt 'normal' no headache, then my back went bad next day and my daughter massaged the heat lotion into my back it was so soothing....

sometimes my 'friends' on fb are the only people i 'chat' to all day as i dont go out very often
    Facebook Rocks!!!
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    I am on facebook but only a a select few friends and use it to keep i touch with people i don't see very often. Cheaper than a stamp!!!
    Must admit facebook can be a bit of a minefild. My daughter made a comment which was taken out of context...she nearly lost her job through it. She is only 21 so i had to sit her down and tell her how she should run her facebook. She deleted loads of people and nearly all her (so called work colleges). A harsh lesson was learnt by her...That not everyone is a nice/honest or kind as her. All happened because she complained about being left on her own on a sunday 32 weeks pregnant in the clothing dept...two weeks on the trot.( Also had ha no risk assessment at 30 weeks). Her line manager printed out the comment and took it to the store manager. All sorted now...but what a stress to put her under.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Lupin

I am sorry that your daughter learned the hard way. A good policy is to never have current workmates on your FB. In some vocations, it is best not to be on FB at all.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    Options
    the trouble with face book you never know who on your friends list is showing someone who is not what has been posted just because you make it friends only does not meen they do not use there page to show others it is great for keeping intouch with people who live away from you and the games great for keeping mind occupied while pain meds kick in val
    val
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Yes I am on FB I use it like most people I expect, check up and share things with friends and have a nosey at what people are up to. I can understand that for some who are housebound its very useful and makes them feel less isolated especially if they live alone.
    Cath
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I left FaceBook last year after it was becoming crazy and you are suposed to remember these people who couldn't have given a crap about you at school! And now want to know all about your life! And arrange to come and visit you and don't turn up. No!! me and FB didn't mix! FB really did ruin my life!
  • valval
    Options
    you have to control it not let it control you i never accept any one i do not know or want to be intouch with it good to get to know what rehab looks like
    val
  • lupin15
    Options
    valval wrote:
    you have to control it not let it control you i never accept any one i do not know or want to be intouch with it good to get to know what rehab looks like

I totally agree with you about controlling who you are friends with.. I have turned down loads of people. I have friends, family and some old school pals that i catch up with occasionally.

What does Rehab look like then??????
  • lupin15
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Yup poodle, cus they bite yer ankles if you upset them.

Now have a picture of a man with poodle like pom poms all over their body ........ Take it you have a lot of hair then Rehab?????? and your teeth....well impressed. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Del

I kind of get where youre coming from, i tend to think twitter is worse as anyone can slag you off on there and its not monitored from what i can see...
    I only just joined facebook couple of months ago and got in contact with some old schoolmates so for that reason i think its good...I did comment on my team on there and got a friend request from some dodgy looking bloke who didnt even say hi or nothing, he was like something oout of al queada!!! I just blocked.....
    But what i was gonna say is that you dont like mates putting stuff on fb but in a sense youre doing a bit of that on here? Not as bad though i know....

Elainex
    delboy wrote:
    ... on FB.

I get pig sick of people updating their status to elicit goodwill so have stated that very fact and if they don't like being told the truth they weren't really friends anyway and I can live without their input.

There are so many sycophants on FB I sometimes lose the will to live when I see their postings. I guess it's marginally better than stalking though.
  • valval
    Options
    he looks nothing like a dog more like a hunk you men have no taste del and he is maturing well val
    val
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    [/quote]

The only Nina Kang I could find on FB was an 18 year old Oriental so if that's you we definitely need to get together. 8)[/quote]

Yep - that's me :D And Len never looked me up either - a girl can get a complex y'know!! Right you two, PM me your FB names!!

Nxx

PS - Please :D
  • cassey
    cassey Member Posts: 6
    Options
    hi i was reading your post about face book. well all it has done is replace the neighbour hood gossip. instead of standing on the door step gossiping you can do it now in the comfort of your own home. as for pain, well does anyone understand the hurt facebook causes emotionally (spelling not good sorry). it can be good ,but somthing too good can end in tears.
  • lupin15
    Options
    valval wrote:
    he looks nothing like a dog more like a hunk you men have no taste del and he is maturing well val

Tell me more......
  • valval
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    valval wrote:

Tell me more......

can not if i tell he will kill me (well he would if he did not live so far from me) he looks great in uniform
    val
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I agree with Liesa, I have facebook and I love it. I use it to keep in contact with friends and family. Some family live as far as Brunei. I also use Sype to keep in touch, I dont have loads of people, some of them are my daughters friends so I can easily keep an eye on. Most of the time I use FB to play games.

I love it.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    I'm on facebook too I use it mainly to keep in touch with family and a few friends and for paying games. I must say I do agree that some people do get on my nerves when they keep on about what aches and pains they have, I tend to think so what i have pain all day and every day.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    elainebadknee once said something extremely wise about fb and techonology generally but I cannot remember now what it was. :oops: It seems to me that people quickly lose all sense of reality on fb and tell others so much about themselves that they would never do in real life. The comments and criticism of and about total strangers is astonishing. It has re-defined the basic concept of 'friend' into not being someone whose company you actively seek out and talk to face-to-face, but a total stranger at the end of a keyboard who could, let's face it, be anyone. If you post pictures of your house, then cheerfully announce you will be away for two weeks, and give the dates, well, hell-oh-oh, don't be surprised of you come home to find you have been burgled. Not everyone on fb is nice and sweet and kind and lovely. At least on here we all have a starting point for our converstions, and we all share a similar thing in common.

The basic premise for fb and twitter etc is that we all lead fascinating, exciting and glamorous lives, which we are duty-bound to let others know all about. The truth is we don't. People's lives are boring, dull, mundane, tedious and repetitive. We are not celebrities (and their lives are just as mundane, Mr S Fry is the Twitter proof of that). It has its place as a way of keeping in touch with a long-distance family, and one's long-distance friends perhaps, but that is it. People say fb to me and a few words spring into my mind, barge pole and disinfected being three of them. It's as good as you want it to be and as bad as you make it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben