Update on Tony's Ortho Appointment.

Options
13»

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Me ol'muker! Glad the Pre Op went well, and you saved the NHS a stamp with the wrist straps what a totally spiffing guy! :lol:
    And glad the date has come through so quick! will be over and done with in a flash!
    Love to Janet and ((HUGS)) to you. Bubba says 'meow' to Ra and purr purr!
    Chat soon. :smile:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Thanks girls :grin:
    Rose.. I wear wrist straps to support my hands and wrists etc, when I have to use them.. They are made from neoprene and have velcro straps tpo adjust.. They also have a slot on the underside, I have a flat piece of steel that slides in there for extra support, but I also have moulded pieces of plastic that I put in when using the walking sticks.. When I went to see the occupational therapists I had to stand holding the sticks in the right position while the pieces of hot plastic cooled into the correct place.

As for the ops, I am having an athroscopy done on both knees... Basically it's keyhole surgery, a camera plus tools are inserted into small cuts in the knee (three holes I think) and any debri, loose carteledge, calcium deposits, crystals etc can be flushed out, also any damaged edges on the carteledge can be 'trimmed' etc.. I have decided to have them both done at the same time.. Will be a damn sight more pain but only one lot of recovery time and that will be a big help for Janet..
    It is usuially just a dasy surger but he said that as I am having both done and I am struggling with my hands etc he will keep me in, so my bed is booked for the 11th of July, two week yesterday :grin:

roses1 wrote:
    Hi Tony,

Glad the appointment went well ...and you saved the NHS a stamp :lol: what are these wrist straps? i am fick! and while i am being fick what is it you will be having done to your knees :oops:

Rose x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Not long then Tony..
    Really hope it helps you out..
    Will be thinking of you..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    thanks Tracy..
    I can't wait to get it over and done with now... Less than two weeks to go now, just need to make it through without getting any coughs, colds etc etc..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tony
    We have just had a lovely long weekend in Skeggy....so Im a bit late, wishing you well with your op, I think I told you my OH had one knee done last year,he was really pleased with it and still is :grin:
    You take care
    Love to both of you....not your knees :eek: I mean you and Janet... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Tony you should be in quaratine with lindalegs.. :grin:
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Ahhhhh i have them.... they call them splints here :roll: i have thumb ones with the plastic in, wrist ones with the metal in,and some 'soft' hand and wrist ones,and me isotoner gloves :grin: looks like we got the same kind of splints then, with the same horrible hand problems :shock: :cry:

Thanks for explaining :grin: and about the arthroscopy sounds like it should help anyway so thats good!

All the best with it and i shall send lots of JD's to help keep ya strength up :wink: You will be running around in no time ! :lol: