Arthur has now worked it's way to my hips..Oh the joys.....

traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
edited 1. Jul 2011, 03:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just felt the need to share that arthur as well an truly got me..
Not feeling down about it.. i felt it creeping up slowly .. then wham bam it just hits you and don't want to go away..
Didn't feel the need to share my news with OH.. he would prob think Oh No something else.. lol..
I had trouble in one side of my hip.. pain clicking going up down stairs.. the other week my left just suddenly went, was really having to watch how i took my step so not to walk to big a step otherwise the pain i experience was excrutiating..Past few days both hips are so achy and pain is getting sharper every now and then..Also that horrible pain i was getting in my wrists, fingers,elbows and ankles seems to be creeping back up.. i hope it's not the hydroxy wearing off already(5months)..am just keeping an eye on it though and will see how i go..In regards to my hip i don't really know what i can do??? i suppose not alot.. just keep on going lol :grin:
I'm not going to let it get me down though..I can't.. I'm keeping that smile on my face and trying to be as normal as i can.. I was even going to struggle and walk to see my neice and nephew today as i didn't want to stay in the house another day..My sis in law broought them round as she refused to let me walk.. it was so nice to see them and have some new company.. the little things like that brighten my day and make me think, well i may not be able to do this that an the other but at least i can see and watch my children, neices and nephew grow and my friends make me smile., and of course i have you all on here to keep me going strong too..
I am sure in the next few days i'll be back on here moaning , but for today i am being positive.. Hope to send out some positive vibes too..... :grin:
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Traluvie, I'm sorry. I wish I could give you some really good advice which would put a hold on the arthritis and lower your pain levels everywhere. Ho hum. Fancy sharing a bottle of wine instead?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • traluvie
    Bottle of wine...mmm..
    Rose,Red or White?? Been so long since i got sozzled lol :roll:
    A glass or 2 would go down a treat.. :lol:
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Traluvie sorry :cry: you are not so good with pain. and I too wish i could give you a solution but as sticky said hey ho that's arthur for you, :x and keep smiling. :smile:
    take care sending ((((hugs))))
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • traluvie
    It has amazed me how quickly it has spread.. from a pain in my finger last september to it affecting near enough everywhere.. pretty scary eh??
    But yeah i'm gonna keep smiling :P I got too...Not gonna give in that easily yet..
  • stickywicket
    Just popping a white in the fridge, Traluvie.

Keep on smiling but, whenever you feel it'll make your face crack, come on here & tell us how it really is.
    Steven Wright
  • traluvie
    Sticky..

White sounds lovely.. if it's dry a dash of lemonade pls..
    I'm sure after a few wines i'd be telling you all how it really is lol :lol:
    So not too many pls :smile:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That is the one thing I completely and utterly dread. Your version of this dross certainly has its skates on, doesn't it? I am so sorry, traluvie, what a blow. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    A dash of whatever you fancy, Traluvie. But you can tell us how it really is stone cold sober. That's what we're here for.
    Steven Wright
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Tracey,
    Oh flower you are having a rough time there, it has come on very quickly for you. I hope you can get in touch with rheumy nurse when you are ready.
    That was nice of your sIL to bring the children to you.
    Gentle hugs,
    Lv, I x
  • traluvie
    It has come on very quickly.. what started in my finger is now in elbows,ankles,wrists,feet oa in knees and whatever type is now in my hips and that is since september last year..
    I mentioned my hip problems to Gp last week, she never said anything.. am seeing her again wed to go over my blood results again so will mention it to her again.. Not due to see rheumyy till end of Sep, and too be honest not sure what they could do.. seems like something else i've got to get used too..

Sticky you poured that wine yet luvie.. could really do with it now.. :grin:
  • traluvie
    Morning all. . Lay in bed at moment preparing myself before embarking on the journey down the stairs for my cuppa. Lol . . Just as I write my cuppa has emerged. . Bless him. . Do not think my hips are ready to bear my weight yet lol. So am just waiting for tablets to kick in. . Least it not so sticky today. . Rain here. . Fresh air blowing through window is Lovely. .
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Oh tracy I am sorry.
    Arthur is really being mean to you at the moment. I wonder if you can get intouch with the rhummys and bring your appointment forward. I hope they can give you something else to slow the b***er down.
    In the meantime I am sending you positive vibes to help you keep going and Arthur a scarey stare to slow him doown.
    A big hug to you too (((((()))))
    Hope you are not too bad today
    Thinking of you
    Juliepf x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Tracy we clashed :lol: Just as I sent my post you sent yours :smile:

Enjoy your cuppa and I hope you feel better shortly.
    Love Juliepf x
  • traluvie
    Lol @ julie . . I kind of feel what the point in ringing rheumy. . Seems like something I just have to get on with lol. . Suppose the only thing to work out is if it's OA or inflammatory. . Am pretty convinced it's inflammatory. . But I not a doc lol. . Have the pleasure of watching Jezza this morning. . Lol.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    There is probably little point in ringing the rheumatologist as such, but is there a rheumatology helpline at your hospital you could contact for advice? I have found over the years that GPs are of limited use when it comes to the inflammatory versions of this dross. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    DD . . Thanks for advice. . Not sure there is a helpline at my hospital. . Was never told of one. . If I want to speak to rheumy department I have to speak to secretary. . No1 else available. . I read about many people on here who speak to rheumy nurse. . Be nice to have one that you could talk to if circumstance's do change. Every area is different I suppose. . I was hopeful at first that things may improve. . Obviously not lol. . But must remain optimistic. .:-D
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Oh Tracy pet,
    You are having it bad......I havent a rheumy jurse either.
    I think you are being so optimistic...you are fantastic

Love
    Hileena
  • traluvie
    Hileena thanks..

Wouldn't go as far as saying fantastic..lol..
    Your kind words mean alot though.. :smile:
    I find being down about it certainly doesn't help the situation.. and i don't want my children or OH getting fed up of seeing me miserable and in pain.. So thats why my smily face tries to keep smiling like people remember me.. :grin:
  • stickywicket
    Just remember you don't have to keep smiling here, Traluvie. Tell it like it is. It'd be a rare person on this forum who didn't understand.

(Did we finish all those bottles yesterday? Better pop another in the fridge.)
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Yes....we dont need a smiley face here all the time although its great to get positive posts.
    I know my hubby said {without thinking} yesterday......its lovely to see you smiling again......You dont always realise how it affects the people around you.

Love
    Hileena
  • traluvie
    Sticky.. we did finish the wine??? it never ending remember lol.. went down well with my double dose of amtriptyline, was asleep before 12 last night for the first time in ages..Shall have a glass later with you..I'll put some rose in the fridge.. we can have that on ice..mmmm

Hileena.. i do worry alot about what my children and OH think probably too much lol.. i know it hasn't been a yr since symptoms forst started but i have become worse quite rapidly..They know me as a bubbly and active person, so although i can't be active i try to stay bubbly.. it makes me feel better too..
  • stickywicket
    Traluvie, I don't know how old your kids are. I do remember when mine were into bringing all their friends round in school holidays. I just used to score for them whatever they were playing and they loved it. They even clubbed together to buy me an Easter Egg to say thanks.

Rose tonight, is it? Hm, might struggle to keep Mr SW away from that.
    Steven Wright
  • traluvie
    My daughter is 13 and my son is 9..
    We used to do alot of adventure walks with the dogs, climbing trees.. loads of fun things..Now my daughter is more independant at weekends my son still likes lots of loving and attention so we normally play endless board games.. or create slide shows on the computer, he has a mind full of information..
    I miss my walks.. have a feeling i shall be putting on weight with having no exercise.. wonder if i can loose it some other way :lol:

Ice cubes ready and a large wine glass at hand sticky.. give us a shout when ya ready...
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Tracy

just calling in to see how you are and o a035.gif f course to collect my glass...

GP might do xrays though if you think it might be oA like the knees???

Hugs

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    READY!

I have a CD of an all body workout you can do sitting down. R Conley. Amazon.
    Steven Wright