Arthur has now worked it's way to my hips..Oh the joys.....

Options

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Workout sitting down??? thats a first..
    That would be very interesting to do.. you tried it Sticky??

2 Rose's on ice ladies coming up...

smiley-eatdrink043.gif
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tracy
    I do know what you mean, how nice it is to have someone that understand to speak to.
    Like you I hate keep telling my OH how I am feeling.
    Thank goodness for kids, they dont half cheer you up.
    I hope you get to see someone soon then you can put your mind at rest.
    PS can you pour me a large one please...no ice it take up to much room.
    Take care of yourself...and here some hugs for you ((((((()))))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • traluvie
    Options
    Of Course Barbera..

Always a spare glass going...No ice?, no problemo... :grin:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Here y'are Tracy

an ex k010.gif tra bottle

can't have you paying for all of it :wink:

hic.....
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have had that terrible pain in the hip. Mine was more gradual. Started with trouble going up stairs which got more restricted and then very limited movement with a knife pain .When I look back I can see it happening but at the time I had no idea what it indicated.
    Do mention the pain to rheumy when you see them. I would think they will x-ray it to see how bad it is.

Good luck
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • traluvie
    Options
    Thanks Elizabeth.. am going to mention it to GP tom.. not due to see rheumy till september.. I have kind of felt it creep round my body, as soon as the pain creeps up in a different part of my body i think "ere we go again, found somewhere new to attack" lol I thought it was bad with my knee, but with me hips it really restricts my mobility..Not looking forward to my early morning trip to Gp..

Another glass of wine it is then ladies... or the bottle .. as there are so many now..

smiley-eatdrink060.gif
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    traluvie wrote:

Tried it? I do it all the time. These days while riding my mechanical horse. Seriously, it's very gentle but keeps all those muscles working & joints moving. Once I'd to give up riding I bought a mechanical horse & now do the exercises while it's on 'walk' as it just exercises a bit more. Being seated means no strain on knees/ankles.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • traluvie
    Options
    traluvie wrote:

Tried it? I do it all the time. These days while riding my mechanical horse. Seriously, it's very gentle but keeps all those muscles working & joints moving. Once I'd to give up riding I bought a mechanical horse & now do the exercises while it's on 'walk' as it just exercises a bit more. Being seated means no strain on knees/ankles.

I actually thought you were joking!!! mechanical horse?? you sure you not pulling my leg.. I have a right funny image in my head.. :lol: I'm sat ere chuckling to myself.. How much wine you had lol.. :roll:

I believe you when you say it takes the weight off knees and ankles though..
  • stickywicket
    Options
    No Traluvie, I wouldn't pull your leg - not in its present state anyway!

Seriously, I really need exercises to keep everything moving. Once I couldn't ride every week (Riding for the Disabled) I started doing the all body workout while riding the IJoy ride (You can google it to see what it looks like). Every bit helps.
    Steven Wright
  • traluvie
    Options
    No Traluvie, I wouldn't pull your leg - not in its present state anyway!

Seriously, I really need exercises to keep everything moving. Once I couldn't ride every week (Riding for the Disabled) I started doing the all body workout while riding the IJoy ride (You can google it to see what it looks like). Every bit helps.

Sticky I feel bad now for laughing.. sorry luvie..
    i am going to google ot now as i think i will find it useful myself..

No more wine for me.. :| lol
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Never feel bad for laughing, Traluvie. (Wait 'til you see me on it!) A word of caution though - if you were thinking of getting one do check things out with your GP first. Just like riding the real ones, you need to make sure they'll do you more good than harm.
    Steven Wright
  • traluvie
    Options
    Sticky.. lol.. i didn't want you to think i was taking the mick.. Does that mean i can carry on laughing at the image in my head :lol:

Just looked at them.. Have em in all shapes and sizes too... :smile:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Tracy

just checking in....you been to the docs yet?

Love

Toni xx n055.gif

for later :wink:
  • traluvie
    Options
    Hi Toni..(Thanks for checking in on me)

Yes i have been doctors..Blood results show i have folate defficiency.. so another tablet to add to my pill box lol..
    I mentioned my hips, she asked when my next appointment was with rheumy and i said end September..She basically said in the nicest possible way that it was part the parcel of my arhtritis and that it sounds like it has spread to my hips(i knew that).. so i none the wiser.. so will just take it on the chin me thinks and learn to live with it along with everything else lol.. :lol:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Ah well.....

twas worth a try eh?

You take care...have posted on your other thread.

Love

Toni xx
  • traluvie
    Options
    Anything is worth a try :lol:
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi there.

I am sorry I've come into this a bite late.

And so sorry that the arthur has spread so quickly. I do hope you get more information from your doctor when you see her. It must seem neverending, but you have all of us to keep an eye on you too. Keep us informed of what your gp has to say.

Sending you big hugs for comfort.

Karen xx

ps I am going mad, just seen your post saying you've already been to your gp, and no she was not very helpful, I dont think they are until it gets even worse. When my gp sent me for xrays ect, she got results, severe arth in left hip and arth in lower back. Obviously I had hip repacement but re the back(and been back since with other parts which she says are arthur) nothing has been mentioned again, just giving me pain killers.
    Karen xx
  • traluvie
    Options
    Hi Karen..

I wasn't expecting my GP to do anything to be honest.. i think they are leaving it to my rheumy to decide what to do.. wether he will xray or not i'm not sure.. as it has progressed quite quickly i am getting my head round to getting used to it.. if that makes sense..Don't make it any easier, just think there is not many areas left where it hasn't got me lol...

What Arthur do you have again Karen?, my memory is awful.. sorry,,

Thank you for your message.x
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi there,

I have OA. I am sitting in bed with my laptop on because I cant seem to get to sleep again, have taken amatriptaline but I am having pains popping up in different places, like someone is wringing out my muscles. (thats in my legs)

And yes, when it happens quick it must be harfd to get your head round it.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi tracy
    Just replied to your other post.

Hope you are feeling ok today.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Julie

she will be sleeping off the wine...er...anti-inflamtory :wink:
    serioulsy Tracy hope you are ok
  • traluvie
    Options
    Karen it has a habit of appearing in various places when we least expect it. Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end. . . Julie and toni thanks for your message. . Toni you make me sound like an alcoholic lol. . Am not too bad this morning. Son off due to teachers strike and oh has disappeared up town to pay the bills I think. Am going to do some washing while the sun out . . Put me feet up in the garden. . What you ladies up 2? X
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    traluvie wrote:
    Hi Toni..(Thanks for checking in on me)

Yes i have been doctors..Blood results show i have folate defficiency.. so another tablet to add to my pill box lol..
    I mentioned my hips, she asked when my next appointment was with rheumy and i said end September..She basically said in the nicest possible way that it was part the parcel of my arhtritis and that it sounds like it has spread to my hips(i knew that).. so i none the wiser.. so will just take it on the chin me thinks and learn to live with it along with everything else lol.. :lol:

I guess that means you have to put up with it until end September. Oh dear I have to say it is excrutiating pain. Do you have trouble getting in and out of bed? Torture. Trouble is no pain killers touch it. I had a long wait as they wanted to get my pain sorted first with anti TNF's. Once that was done (and they worked) it was all systems go for the hip.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • traluvie
    Options
    Hi elizabeth. . Every morning when I wake and I swing my legs round to get out of bed, my hips click terrible. . I have a small rail at side of bed now so that a great help for pulling myself up. . I'm not to bad today just aching as I been walking around a fair bit today. Took the most of the opportunity while I could lol. . I still walk in small strides though as moving the hip just a little to far gives me awful pain. . It can be a right pain in the **** when it wants to be eh. . I'm off for soak now. My body had enough. . Lol had a busy day with oh preparing bedroom to decorate. . Am sat watching him now doing a great job. . Don't tell him I said that though. Lol
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Tracey,
    I hope your soak in the bath has helped ease off the pains of the day for you. Would your doctor give the rheumy a ring to see if they could fit you in a bit sooner than September? Have you decided the colour scheme for the bedroom? We are having to do ours soon as we had a water leak and part of the ceiling came down. I’m sat in there now using the desktop computer as my Laptop has gone sick on me so picking my way round the chaos that once was the spare room.
    Hugs,
    I x