Can I ask a favour?

Options

Comments

• Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

What a very sad time for you, it would not be human nature for you not to be upset at a time like this. I wish you all the best for that awful day although I know she is probably in your thoughts every day.

Just wanted to comment on Enbrel, I went on it last November and I can honestly say it has been fantastic in easing the pain in my back and hips (I have AS), still struggling with other joints but I now manage to sleep at night and have some of my life back.

You are at risk on infection as your immune system will be low but I teach in a secondary school so have the stress of teaching (know some will disagree with that, sorry) and also the added risk of always being with kids with some kind of infection and to be honest apart from one chest infection back in the winter I have been fine. I don't get any more things wrong than before I was on it, as for not getting upset thats impossible when living a normal life! I understand stress plays a part, it certainly does with me but life goes on.

Best wishes to you. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Poppy
    I am still here for you, like Val says dont overdo things, I do know what you mean about being at the grave and taking to the little one, its surprising how it can help.
    You take care, and wishing you well with the Embrel.
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This is not an easy time for you but I know you are a woman with a remarkable inner strength, notable grace, and compassion runs thro your veins like blood. Going to talk to her was a good idea, it's a way to clarify your thoughts and emotions, a good release. You are in my thoughts. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Poppy, don't overdo it. Decorating the boys bedrooms is a big challenge! I wouldn't like to see you take on too much. You need to pace yourself.

Please also send my love to your friend. Losing a loved one is such a painful experience, you never get over it.

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Poppy I can't seem to reply to your PM. I m really sorry and will try again later, maybe on a different laptop.

Until then
    Take care
    Elizabeth xx

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Peter Hugs to you :sad: ((((())))) it is good to remember those we loved. Otherwise they might never have been here. My opinion only.

Love to you Poppy hope you are managing ok.

Toni xxx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Thankyou for your kind words, Peter im so sorry for your losses, the death of a loved one is devastating, I do feel for you and you are in my thoughts.
    Im grateful for the support everyone has shown me. Keeping myself busy as this week will be hard, Im seeing my friend later, we're popping out for a drink :grin: we both need a break from the arrangements etc.
    My foot is still swollen and my ankle looking puffy, think I'll sit with ice on it down the pub :lol:
    My love and huge hugs to you all Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • GUINDI
    GUINDI Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Poppy

All my love, support and wish you all the good luck and courage in the world.

We are all with you !!!

lots of love
    Paloma xxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

Just leaving some (((((((((( )))))))))) Cris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Get that foot UP Poppy :smile:

love and ((((()))))

Toni xx
  • Ilovemystaffie
    Ilovemystaffie Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Just remember that it`s decent caring people who cry.
    And there`s a shed full of decent people on here who`ll be thinking of you.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Poppy, hope you are feeling okay now the sad date is approaching. I hope you have managed to keep up with the decorating and it has helped take your mind off things.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth xxx

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Thankyou Elizabeth and ilovemystaffie,
    Sorry my friends, I'm not coping very well today... had a mad day yesterday managing to keep busy, finished painting and my boys put their bedrooms back so all done. My hubby is away on business and I've the boys to look after in the evening but this afternoon I'm struggling. My ankle is swollen and sore, I'm having horrible nightmares and not sleeping well and I'm constantly on the verge of tears...
    I'm so sorry, what a glum post, I'll be ok.
    Thanks and hugs to all xxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    We're all here for you, Poppy.

As a good, perceptive GP once said to me - "I'll be OK" = "I'm not OK now".

Please go easy on yourself. It's a tough week but we're here and we're going nowhere.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Thankyou so much Sticky, i hate to say I'm struggling, but I am at the moment. I know it will get better. Thanks again, I'm very grateful for your support, it's much needed. Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Poppy,
    Sorry to hear you are still suffering with the ankle on top of everything else. I hope you are managing to rest it a little tonight. Could you invite someone round for coffee tomorrow and give yourself a couple of hours break?
    Well done for getting the boys room sorted but you do need to rest up a little now.

Gentle hugs,
    Lv, I x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Poppy, I don't know what to say, but send you my support and my best wishes x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Morning Poppy,

How are you doing today? Hopefully, not overdoing things. Thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Hi Sticky good morning,
    I'm feeling a little better, not so down, probsbly because I had a good cry yesterday and got it out of my stem and I slept for a good 8 hours :eek: which always helps. I see my rheumatology nurse Friday morning about the ankle so hopefully she'll give me a steroid jab to tide me over for the memorial.
    Looking after my niece Orla today (she's 3 and bonkers..just like her aunty!) so I'm busy busy...
    Thanks for asking how I am Sticky, I guess I've to take each day as it comes and just get through Saturday as best I can.
    Love and hugs xxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Hi Poppy
    Glad you are feeling a bit better today. you will get down days as saturday approaches but hang in there we are all behind you. I guess you are probably right about the good cry we all do this at times. I know i do and usually feel heaps better after. Enjoy your day with your litte niece i'm sure it will do you the world of good. thinking of you for saturday sending bucket full of supportive ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
    Take care
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi a day at a time is best for now. enjoy each day there will be some good and bad bits to each, but you will get through it.
    we are with you all the way so never feel alone
    d030.gif
    when you have all these hugs coming your way
    a065.gif
    val
    val
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Thankyou Carol and Val,
    I'm much, much better today, yesterday....I was on the verge of tears all the time and in the end I just gave in.
    Just handed Madam Orla back, who had me in stitches as she was copying me by using my walking stick and groaning theatrically "ooh my knees ooh my ankle" out of the mouth of babes :lol: X
    'grá agus solas'
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Hi Poppy
    Out of the mouth of babes indeed. that really made me laugh :lol: I can just imagine it.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Hi all,
    Had the rehearsal for the memorial today.
    I read ok, and think I'll be fine providing I don't make eye contact with anyone. Stiff upper lip time from now on, I don't mind what happens afterwards, without tempting fate I can be struck down with the flare from hell after the mass but from now on I need to switch onto autopilot or otherwise I'll never get through this...
    Love and hugs and HUGE apologies if I've been away and not contributing and supporting as much as I could have.
    Hugs Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    we do not expect you to post just get through this and we will be hear for you val
    val