Hi looking for some advice :-)

L1985
L1985 Member Posts: 120
edited 30. Jun 2011, 08:56 in Young people's community
Hi everyone

Brief background - I was diagnosed with graves disease about 18 months ago (currently waiting for surgery to cure it), shortly after been diagnosed I started with intense pain in my fingers. I have mentioned this joint pain to a number of doctors and finally in February this year I had some blood tests taken to try and find out what was causing this pain. The bloods came back to show a high level of something...sorry im not sure what it was .... and they doctors think I have rhuematoid arthritis. The pain is now in my wirsts.

Im 26 and next week have my first appointment with the Rhuematologist. I basically want some advice about what happens at your first appointment? Will I be started on some medication straight away? I have waiting whats seems like a long time to find out what is causing this intense pain and I want to make sure I get the most out of the appointment next week... hope this makes sense!

I look forward to getting to know everyone. :grin:

Thanks in advance for reading and for any help.

xxx

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there :)

Welcome to the forum. If you go over to the Living with Arthritis zone, on Page 3, there are three threads on just what you are asking.

They are entitled:

Referred to hospital for diagnosis - what to expect and two threads both entitled First appointment with Rheumatologist.

I hope these postings will be of some help to you.

I wish you all the best at your forthcoming appointment.

Elna x
  • L1985
    L1985 Member Posts: 120
    Hi elna

Thanks or your help :grin:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    A pleasure :grin:

You may like to post your question on the LWA forum too. More people look in at that zone. The Young People's zone is sometimes fairly quiet.

Look after yourself, :smile:

Elna x

Who's Online

6 Guests