Saga chat forum is pants!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 24. Jul 2011, 05:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now why is it when I post a long rant on here I tend to get really nice good responses but when I go and post on the Saga zone forum I get treated like I've just stamped on a puppy in public, I thought we were crazy mix of buggers on here but by their standards were all normal, that lot are really really strange, full of p%$s and vinegar and spoiling for a fight with anyone, it's odd but I think it's our pain that acually mellows us out in some way, it brings reality closer we have real solid issues to deal with they just dream arguments up for fun.
Sorry spleen vented!.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mel I agree...we are a lovely lot....we might play the pain card but only on here....and its nice to get things off your chest now and then....and we do like a laugh ...well I do.. :lol::lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Aren't you a bit young for Sagazone, Mell :?: I should leave it for the oldies if I were you :lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I'm glad you put that Joan, I was going to but thought maybe they were talking about another saga site.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Now why is it when I post a long rant on here I tend to get really nice good responses but when I go and post on the Saga zone forum I get treated like I've just stamped on a puppy in public, I thought we were crazy mix of buggers on here but by their standards were all normal, that lot are really really strange, full of p%$s and vinegar and spoiling for a fight with anyone, it's odd but I think it's our pain that acually mellows us out in some way, it brings reality closer we have real solid issues to deal with they just dream arguments up for fun.
    Sorry spleen vented!.

question what the heck is saga zone????????????????
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    Right firstly, Bab's yep your a great lot on here some are mad as badgers but I love all of ya, this is me home that's for sure, Val Saga zone is an over 50's chat site or snake pit, Lens right they eat under 50's for tiffin trust me my cyber **** is so sore I still can't sit down!, yes Joan only just though I am the big 50 on the 12 of next month!, where did all the time go I ask, honestly last thing I remeber was I was at Reading rock it was 1981 I was in a damp old tent just going into a rather slightly alcohol and exotict **** induce sleep and that was it!, now it's 2011 and I have no hair tinitus and OA!??, oh and wind!!!! :oops: now how strange is that?.
  • constable
    Options
    Another one to welcome to the over 50's Melman. Come forth me lovelly we don't bite, well not usually.

Are you going to have a 50th Birthday party? If you are can we all come and celebrate with you(get drunk with you).

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Iv been and had a look at saga zone....think I will just stay on here... :shock: :grin: its scary.. :eek:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Options
    constable wrote:
    Another one to welcome to the over 50's Melman. Come forth me lovelly we don't bite, well not usually.

Are you going to have a 50th Birthday party? If you are can we all come and celebrate with you(get drunk with you).

Karen xx

I'm not sure about being bitten, nibbled is ok though!! :oops:
    Not sure about birthday party, work is so iffy I am worried to spend any money incase we need it. Porbably just go down the pub for a few pints and a basket meal.
    And boy is Len right it's flippin war!.
  • constable
    Options
    I'll be totally truthful, I still can't accept that I am old enough to go on there. Sad really, younger mind and older body. NNNnnnnoooooo

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i am old enough just do not think i have the guts by the sound of it. mel it hard to spend money when you not sure what happening but sure you will have great birthday ay way we went away for mine do not do center of attention but had great birthday val
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    am intruiged, wheres this saga zone?
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    we could have a virtual 50th party!!!!im just off to have a peek at saga zone :???:
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    oh my ..god..gasp...someone get me a brandy!!!...it was awful...they were actually serious :shock:no humour andddd they used ...long words!!!!!saga zone is for grown ups!!!! :shock:
  • constable
    Options
    I'm the same Val. Hubby offered me a 40th and then the 50th, I refused on both. I'd rather someone else take the limelight.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Nah, you're alright, Len, I'll stick to AC, FB and thesun.co.uk :D Most of what Mel says goes right over my head so I don't know if I'll cope on a whole forum of grownups!

Nxx
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    constable wrote:
    I'm the same Val. Hubby offered me a 40th and then the 50th, I refused on both. I'd rather someone else take the limelight.

Karen xx

That's how it should be, Val and Karen - it's your birthday so you should make the choices

Nxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I cannot see any problem with that Saga site. Horses for courses. It is in my favourites now :lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Well.. Being so young I've never ventured there.. Lol
    Just wait till I'm old enough, I'll show em :green :green :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    I cannot see any problem with that Saga site. Horses for courses. It is in my favourites now :lol:

Elna x
    Now we know who is causing the mischief :lol: .....I think I am just scared of going beyond this forum...its feels safe.. :grin::grin:
    Elna how is your foot coming on....has the swelling gone down any...
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    elnafinn wrote:
    Elna x
    Now we know who is causing the mischief :lol: .....I think I am just scared of going beyond this forum...its feels safe.. :grin::grin:
    Elna how is your foot coming on....has the swelling gone down any...
    Hi Barbara
    Thanks for asking. :smile: The "trotter" is still swollen :lol: Consultant has moved the goalposts to the end of the year now and it will be ok by then :roll: He is very pleased with his work so I must trust him. He says to let him know how I am in September ie let his secretary know.

Take special care of yourself,
    Love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    http://www.sagazone.co.uk/forums/

Abandon all hope if you dare to venture, it is not for the faint hearted

Bloody right there Len it's a flippin bear pit of death and pointy sticks and gnashing flippin teeth!
  • elnafinn
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    http://www.sagazone.co.uk/forums/

Abandon all hope if you dare to venture, it is not for the faint hearted
    Bloody right there Len it's a flippin bear pit of death and pointy sticks and gnashing flippin teeth!

:lol: Whatever did you write on the Saga site, Mel? Mind you we know your style of writing on here. :lol: I can imagine if your first missive on that site was in a similar vein you may have got short thrift. :lol:

Elna x

• mellman01
    Options
    Hi Elna yep spot on, bunch of loons the lot of em,all up their own bums and have no common sense.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    My grump is this horrid rain

It means I cant go out as my crutches slip all over the place and I fall. also my joints ache like mad.

Plus my daughter will not entertain walking to school in the rain so I have to get dressed and take her in the car! Tsk tsk

9/10 I reckon?

Janie
  • elnafinn
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: Thanks Mel, the SZ is a really friendly, interesting place. Thanks for the tip, never really thought about them having a chat forum.I have joined but not sure when I shall find too much time to be on there, but you never know.... Perhaps I should introduce all the peeps on that site with arthritis to AC? :lol::lol:

Elna x