Heartbroken.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Jul 2011, 06:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
After three months of hearing nothing about my much-needed orthopaedic appointment, despite the rheumatology nurse saying she would write to them AND arrange a DEXA scan for me, I eventually wrote to check on her progress. I found an answerphone message this morning.

My referral was lost in the system and a male rheumatology consultant (ex semi-pro tennis player) has turned down the scan. Apparently I don't need one. How the phack would that fit b*****d know? He's never swallowed an oral steroid in his life, never mind spending five years on them. Berk.

In (sort of) the immortal words of the late Ms Winehouse, 'I asked to be referred to ortho, the people said no, no, no.'

Fortunately have an appointment in my second home tomorrow, so I have re-fitted my ice grippers and some poor **** in rheumatology will be pinned up against at wall, death-spikes at their throat, until summat is done. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    go give him whatfor!!!

((hugs))
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Blxxdy hell DD what are they playing at?????
    Case of left hand not knowing what right hand doing???
    Go get them girl!!!!!!!
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi DD

You go girl and you give them everything you have. You are a strong minded person and they won't know what's going to hit them on Monday.

Let us know what happens please DD

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    :evil :evil :evil

Let me at 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD this is TERRIBLE (welcome back by the way :grin: ) u055.gif

Guess who? :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it does make you wonder sometimes who in charge of the nhs pen pushers or docs some of the decisions are so stupid . am so sorry this has happened and hope they get things sorted soon for you good luck val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I won't give them what-for as I am seeing a registrar and none of this is their fault, but I shall make a number of points, firmly, clearly and without violence (well, that's currently the plan) and I shall ensure I get my own way.

Oddly enough, I met a lady on Friday, in a flower shop in Clevedon, who had been told (somewhat brutally) on the previous Wednesday that she was in urgent need of two new knees and was being referred for fairly rapid surgery. She was heartbroken, distressed and worried - I did my best to reassure, inform and console whilst thinking 'My appointment letter will be there when I get home.' Yeah, right. I told her about here, I hope she looks in - Hiya Sally! It's me! The fat woman on crutches! :grin:
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Oh , DD , not what you needed after a lovely break away . Hopefully you will get something sorted tomorrow . Try not to get too stressed though , it will ruin all the good work a relaxing holiday did for you . Jillyb
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi DD, I am stunned you were turned down for the scan :eek: I have absolutely no idea what the idiot was thinking.

I wish you well for tomorrow. :grin:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Oh dear DD,i dont know what to say to give you words of comfort like you did to me,dont let the b******s grind you down,we will all be right behind you. :wink: Mig
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hi DD.
    welcome back it's good to see you.
    i hope everything goes well tomorrow.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh DD
    What ever is going on, you need new knees, and you gonna get um....we are all behind you...you tell um what for...and like you tell us lot dont forget your list.....TWO NEW KNEES.....
    You take care...
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh dear DD

How disappointing not to find the letter you wanted on your door mat but the stupid stupid message on your answer phone. How can someone say you don't need the scan when he didn't see the referal letter and all the reasons that were listed.
    I do feel so cross for you.
    Good luck with tomorrows appointment. I hope you can get some sense out of them.

Will be right behind you!
    Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hello dd,

Right attitude, right approach.
    Be firm; be courteous and dont take any prisoners.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hey DD

You know what I think from our conversation earlier but just to add that I reckon you are too nice for your own good you know. It IS their fault -ok maybe not the fault of the particular registrar you are seeing tomorrow - but it is a serious failing of the rheumatology dept on both scores and they need to be held to account. So there.

Thinking of you loads DD - and I know you don't "do" hugs but tough luck this time cos this lot are heading your way (((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))).

Tilly xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    What a let down that must have been...to get home expecting the letter and nothinbg there.
    Try not to get too mad....I know wasier said than done otherwise your nice relaxing holiday weill be ruined.

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    In the time-honoured way of things, DD has been to the pub. That has solved nothing but, basically, who the phack cares? :grin: I have set out my little container for my first wee of the morning (hopefully it will be 0% alcohol, yup, dream on Daisy) and I have done my list but I am an angry DD, an upset DD, a 'why-do-I-bother-DD'. I am stupidly dismayed beyond reason. **** it, **** this whole malarkey. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. Simples.
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi DD

I hope you see someone sensible tomorrow.. Someone who can get things moving for you... It's awful when you are geared up to expecting something to be done, only to be let down..

Marion x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    No you dont DD...we wont let you so there.. :roll: right plan A..off you go to see who ever...tell them how it is..no messing... straight talking...you have no intentions of going on like this...the pain is to much...
    plan B...A second opinion....our Elainebadknee did just that ...and she got one ...
    Dont forget we are all watching you... 8)
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm 100% with Tilly on this on, DD. Whoever you see tomorrow it will not be his/her fault but they are still part of a system that has failed you. I'm also 100% with you when you say you will make your point clearly and firmly. You really must do this and insist on an early referral. They have cheated you of 3 months, not intentionally but by sheer incompetence. Don't let them get away with it. If necessary mumble something about contacting PALS and taking it further. They owe it to you. Be strong.

'Who the phack cares?' All those who have answered your post.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    a big part of arther is getting ones hopes built up then being smashed back down again or so it seems i do hope you manage to get it all sorted have always found you get further with sugar than salt so go with smile on your lips but be firm and concise good luck val
    val
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Oh DD this is terrible for you, expecting a letter and not getting it. But I've got to say fairly typical of the NHS these days. I agree with the others, go in and be polite but firm and stand your ground, they made the mistake so don't let them fob you off. Hoping it all goes well.

Sue x
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi DD,
    Coming in late to this so sorry, give em hell tomorrow! don't let them fob you off and if you feel disatisfied then make a complaint, someone mentioned PALS? It's a good call.
    Thinking of you and with you all the way Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi DD,

It has all been said! We are behind you ( so no falling backwards :lol: ) and in your pocket!

Good luck !

Rose x
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Thinking of you . xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi DD,

100% agree with Tilly and Sticky here and well leaving you a ((((( ))))) and a hope they will listen to you tomorrow. be in your pocket. Cris xx