Options
2»

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Morning DD

stood here waiting with sarnies and coffee (need the caffine) ready to jump in your pocket.

Hope todays appointment goes well and that they listen and are able to help.

Thinking of you
    juliepf x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    here this is my corner so shift over a bit will sit on hamper till we need it who got bucket we can not keep nipping out to toilet nearly got lost last time.
    good luck
    val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You utter darlings. I am sitting here with my eyes dripping some sorta salty stuff, dunno what it is. :oops: I am in a humungous sulk - yes, I know, behaving like a three year old does nothing for one's adult dignity but ye gods it feels good - but I have made my list, weed in a little pot (messy for us girlies) and am as good to go as I ever could be. Truth? I feel defeated, this has beaten me down just a little bit too far. They can keep their stupid, useless drugs, stuff their little (and big) pills up their own backsides, they can all phack off from whence they came. I'll do this on my own. I don't need them and their pathetic little attempts at help. Anyhoo, no-one will be able to get anywhere near me today, my arthritis wand is just a blur I am waving it so hard - eat your heart out, Mr H Potter, your wand skills ain't anywhere near as good as mine - and with repeated angry screams of 'Arthritisium Activium!' they will all receive a damn good dose of this painful, debilitating dross. They won't phacking know what's hit them. And relaaaaaaaaax.

That feels better. Bless you all, thank for being there in my hour of need. This FATBROAD has some great friends on here and she is truly grateful. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh DD
    This isnt like you....I know you can go into the sulks etc :lol::lol::lol:
    but not this defeatist attitude....as has been said we are all behind you.
    Let us know what happens.....come and have a rant afterwards :wink:
    Love and (((((((())))))))) Hileena
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Thinking of you DD, hope it all goes well today x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's been and gone. I saw a new regsitrar for the first and last time in our lifetimes. I can drop to six weekly blood tests for a while then go bi-monthly, all figures are fine (liver back to usual levels, gawd knows how :grin: ), all the bruising is down to the steroids, it will be at least a month before I hear anything from orthopaedics, she will plead my case for a DEXA scan with that smug male idiot of a consultant, and I have had a steroid injected into my right ankle. Ouch. I have a form for an Xray of my ankles, if the steroid doesn't work (and I know they don't) then the meth will be upped. Dunno why. Don't care neither. I have had to cancel work for the next two days so that's another load of dosh I won't be earning. **** it. Phack it. I've broken my wand. :sad:

Thank you all for being there, ain't pocket duties a grand thing? It does help knowing that, fundamentally, strangers are thinking of you and wishing you well.
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi DD,
    Well, atleast this registrar listened to you, that's got to be a good thing eh? 6 weekly blood tests is better than 2 weekly, and if they do manage to convince the smug g*t to do the scan all well and good.
    Trying to look on the bright side for you sweetie, sometimes that's all you can do...I'm still stuck on the 2wkly b tests :roll: in fact just come back frm one having been at physio at another hospital earlier.
    If they up your Mtx that might help :wink: well, you never know...it might :grin: I'm on 20ml injected Mtx and am ok, much better than the tabs which were making me sick.
    Glad your liver results were normal, completely my fault if not, it was me keep asking you have a drink for me wot dun it :lol: xxxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • julie47
    Options
    Hi DD

Its good that the registrar listened (he must have seen my harpoon pointing at him) and great that he is going too try for the dexa scan again. Bloods now every six weeks another good thing.
    I am sending positive vibes that the steroid in your ankle will work.
    And i am hoping the xrays you have will fine.

oh dd I know you are angry, frustrated and upset but there is light at the eend of this flippin tunnel I promise. When you have seen the orthos and have that so wanted date to get your knees done you will be there.

Take care and keep that lovely chin up.
    love juliepf x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Dont know how to comfort you except to say im thinking of you every day
    hope things will start going better.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Again many thanks to poppy, our lovely PF and mig, you are all so kind. I had at least three years of fortnightly bloods (possibly more), then I went to the luxury of monthly ones a couple of years ago, so six weekly is a boon, I realise that. I also realise that OK, it may well be another month before I hear anything but that time will pass, it always does, surgery may happen eventually, so that is shining star in the outer firmanent to peer at from time to time, the steroid might actually work this time for longer than three days (laugh? I thought my leg would never dry) but OK, I grudgingly accept that it might. I am reducing the pred even further - temper is dictating I plunge to 2 but I won't, it will be 4.5 for the next three weeks starting tomorrow, so I guess on the whole things are not that bad. (Ye gods, listen to me. Does News International need a new spin doctor? I reckon I could turn around their public persona in no time.) It is humira night, that will be forced in with extreme prejudice so at least that won't hurt (it never does when I am in a temper) so that is another plus - the giddy heights of moderately grotty are seductively beckoning. Woo-phacking-hoo. As carola would say 'I cannae wait!'

I am out of sorts at the moment and I make no excuses for it. This non-letter thing has really hit hard. I think Arthritis City is laid out somewhat like Milton Keys, no concrete cows though, just concrete syringes and whacking great orange sulph pills statues in front of every chemist. I am currently travelling along Disappointment Boulevard, I will shortly make a right turn into Disgruntled Avenue, then a left onto Dismayed Road, then straight over the roundabout into Acceptance Avenue. And so it goes on. I hate my zebra, I am not too impressed with my version of this dross called life but I realise that it is only me that can make the latter better. At the moment I cannot be bothered to try. I'm off for another attempt at the dummy-spitting record and why not? It's fun! :smile:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Oh Daisy you make me feel such a fraud with what you are going thru dont give up on us Daisy we need you. love you lots Mig
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi DD. . . Certainly not what you needed to be hearing after returning from your holiday. . Sounds like that berk of a doctor lucky not to have been sat in a room with you lol. . . I am sure with your positivity and strong willed attitude you will get there luvie. . Shame you have to fight though. . X. (((((x)))))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I am currently travelling along Disappointment Boulevard, I will shortly make a right turn into Disgruntled Avenue, then a left onto Dismayed Road, then straight over the roundabout into Acceptance Avenue.

Then Mornington Crescent?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    mig wrote:
    dont give up on us Daisy we need you. love you lots Mig

Well said Mig!

Well done for facing up to your appt and not "running" away (think I might have done :roll: ). You have now started the ball rolling again and that can only be a good thing.

Please, whatever you do, don't drop the pred to 2 all in one go, however tempting it might seem because that is far too drastic a drop.

Good luck with the Humira. I will be thinking of you.

Well done today gal. You dun good and I is proud of you!

Tillyxxx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    [quote="stickywicket
    Then Mornington Crescent?[/quote]

Good one Sticky! Oh I so miss Humph and "Clue". Mornington Crescent was my absolute favourite.

Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Sticky? First laugh of the day, thank you. I am indeed the hedgehog of time that has met the steam roller of destiny but hey-ho, as D-Reem so willingly sang out for Bambi Blair 'Thiiiiiiiiiiings . . . . .can only get bet . . . . er, can only get bet . . . . .er' . Of course they will, just later rather than sooner, is all.

Tilly? I is enjoying brekkie! :grin:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've found a box of lovely chocolates that I had forgotten about. Life has improved somewhat. Humira done, tea to hand, New Tricks, pain dullers of the strong variety and choccies. What's not to like? Sleep well, everyone. DD
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Chocolates a girls bestfriend lol.. :lol:

You enjoy.. Hope you get some rest..Take care
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    You made it to Disgruntled Avenue yet?

I'm currently in Pincushion Parade, following this morning's blood test - two attempts in each arm followed by summons of doc's help and butterfly clip in hand. Good job I'm not needle phobic tho' I think my phlebotomist is getting that way whenever she sees me.

I've been researching Balance Bikes for my grandson's 2nd birthday & decided I want one. Maybe we could organise a Balance Bike forum race to Mornington Crescent? Unfortunately the upper age range is around 4 years but surely such a minor detail wouldn't matter.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    Options
    Morning DD

Bringing you a cuppa and more chocolate.

Hope you are feeling much better ttoday,

Take care
    love juliepf x