Options
2»

Comments

• Phillycee2
    Phillycee2 Member Posts: 11
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello everyone,

So sorry it's taken me such a long time to reply but life has been kind of mad!

How is everyone doing? And thank you all for your kind words.

My wife Mrs PhillyCee has currently been in ablot of pain all over her body due to the RA. Her Rituximab infusions are unfortunately only really helping for the first 2 months, instead of 6 months we've been told. But i guess everyones body reacts to it in a different way.

I am personally finding it slightly easier copy with my wife having RA, although it still scares me. I hate it when shes down about it, although not very ofen, it's still so upsetting to see her like this, being the strong, beautiful, independent lady she is.But i cant begin to imagine what a struggle in must be at times for people in this situation.

What I have learnt that has helped me deal with this siutations is what my wife can and cannot manage. I give her all the independence she wants, but at the same time, i am never to far away to help and it's never a hassle. Where i can assist my wife, i will try my hardest to do.

I have also learnt that i need to stay strong for her and provide as much positive support as possible.

Thank you again for all your kind words.

PhillyCee2 xxxxx
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    your a very kind hubby mr phillycee ,my hubby is one of the type who cant really cope with things ,ive rheumatoid and if i say i have something wrong he suddenly has the same kind of pain and all his friends have it ,he thinks he is keeping my mind off whats going on ,in actual fact it does my head in ,we have a great marriage but he sleeps in his own bed incase he hurts me !!!,in actual fact i get too hot i cant stand him in the bed so we both have a king size bed each :wink: , its good to talk about symptoms ect and how you feel ,i personally now dont say if im tired and in pain because i suddenly get told to stop what im doing ect ,or to relax ,i dont know what age group you are, but us women need to try and do all our things ie housework ect ,nobody does it as good as us ,
    its nice to hear you are supportive , and im sorry to hear the infusions are only lasting two months but i might be wrong here that seems to be the norm two months rather than six ,most posts im seeing they are only lasting two months ,my friends the same two month max ,anyway keep up the good work you have a lucky wife and its great to hear from you .....
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    I have had RA for the past 4 years since I married my husband.

My first peice of advise is to be there for her as and when she needs you. You will also need to come and go with her a bit.

Communication is key with any type of illness with your partner, so please talk to each other about how you feel.

My husband and I have recently had councilling so I would recommend this too.

Hope this helps.
  • Phillycee2
    Options
    Hi Wynnie,

Thanks for your post. Just to let you know, i am actually Mrs PhillyCee2, we are a lesbian couple :)

To be honest, i bet it does do your head in if your husband says he has the same pain as you and so do his friends. From personal experiences, hearing that someone has the same pain as you is hard to comprehend as how can someone really know what kind of pain you are in. Although i guess its just his way of coping with it and he probably thinks it nice for you to hear that you're not the only one in pain :(
    And as for not sharing the same bed, i can imagine this has great benefits....like all the bed to yourself!
    Well anyway, if you ever want to talk, im here.

Stay strong,
    Mrs PhillyCee2 xxxx
  • Phillycee2
    Options
    Hi DebraKelly,

Thank you for your advice. Hope you are feeling well :)

Mrs PhillyCee2 xx