A ((( ))) For Legs (Lindalegs) :-)

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 24. Aug 2011, 11:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Legs,

Just to say your are not forgotten and leaving a sheep encrusted ((((( ))))) and a hope that your knee is doing ok and you will soon be back to our very own Pollyanna.

You some missed flowr.

Love

Cris xxx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'll second that but have scraped the sheep muck off mine.

Hey, skezier, good thread. Thanks.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • skezier
    Options
    Hey Sticky nothing wrong with a bit of sheep engrossment.... depending :lol::lol:

We need her back don't we?! xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope things are as OK as they can be with our lovely legs. I was waiting for an update from colly but I guess she's on her hols or summat. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    leaving a hug as well
    t4624.gif
    take care val
    val
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,953
    Options
    Hi Lindalegs.
    i hope you are getting along with out too much pain
    take care we think about you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Linda

Sending a hug from me too (((((((((((((()))))))

and hoping that you are getting better and better each day

Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    skezier - we do need her back. My revision's lonely.

dachsund - How's your foot doing? I know it was painful. Any better yet?

Legs - Sorry, I just hi-jacked your thread. Time you came back and sorted us all out.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread Cris...I have been thinking about legs...and just hoping she wanted some time away, I do hope she is recovering well ...and I wonder if our Lynn is alright...gosh we do worry about one another.
    buts thats good.. :smile:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Adding my (((((hugs))))) and good wishes for Legs. :grin:

Hope you are recovering well .......and that your new knee is behaving itself :wink: Hope to see you posting soon!

Iris xxxx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hey Sticky it wont be long till he is :grin: xx

Just heard from Legs....

Its not been to easy for her...

Her knee was infected and she had to have a mass of antibiotics with the threat if a iv drip if they didn't work....

Fortunately they did and she is now well on the mend.

She said she will be back soon as she is feeling so much better and even got her appetite back.

Legs my friend you are so missed and really glad your on the mend.

Leaving a special knee heal and mend draft as well as a ((((( ))))) oh and Wonky sends her love as well.

Love and a cuppa,

Cris who's brain-is swamped with the real heavy duty bang and thud... you [probably can hear it there :wink: xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Quick hi-jack!

Iris so good to see you :grin: xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Thanks Cris :grin:

Legs.... sorry you've had troubles post op :shock: but so glad to hear that you've managed to beat that infection g015.gif hoping that you're feeling better.!

more ((((hugs))))

Iris xxxx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Thanks cris..

Hi Linda .... Glad that you are on the mend at last and looking forward to seeing you on the forum again and giving us an update on all that's been happening to you..

Marion x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Thanks Cris for the update,

I have been thinking of you Linda and I do hope that you will start to feel much better soon.

Lots of gentle hugs coming your way,
    Lv, I x
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear about your infection. Hope you are well soon, miss you on here!

love Eileen xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Legs

Sorry to hear you had problems post op. Do hope you feel a little better each day now you have beaten the infection. You haven't been forgotten. Take care and I leave some extra hugs to add to the heap here. ((( )))
    love
    Chris
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Legs,

see yous not forgotten! We shall have to have a party you come back... I will bring the pink champers, saffron and cream, the sheep will bring custard creams, hell alone knows what Slipper boy might turn up with and Slurps said she will try not to eat the quiches she is meant to be bringing....

leaving you more knee well and a ((((( )))))

Love

Cris who took the dam pregabs too late again.. never learns dies it?! :lol: xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hi legs

just popped in to see how you are doing today??

I was so so sorry to hear you have been under the weather k070.gif

I will cross everything at my disposal for you to get welll very very soon.

Love and hugs

Toni xx

Cris are you pidging???
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thankyou Cris for the update
    Legs my love you must have really gone through it , Im so glad that you have now come out the other side, and seeing some improvement.
    You know we are always here if you need us
    You take care
    And here are some very gentle hugs ((((((()))))
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    WELL HELLO EVERYONE. a010.gif

How lovely of you Cris to put up this thread for me, thank you. :grin:

It's been a tough ride, which I expected to some extent but it seems to have gone on forever. :roll: When the wound got infected on Week 5 (goodness knows how!) it was a real setback just when things were coming right. :sad: I’m heaps better now and have even started being able to eat again! :grin::grin::grin: The antibiotics made me nauseous and my gullet burn plus I had to take them on an empty stomach which didn’t help. I saw the whole course through though because doc said if they didn’t work I’d have to go into hospital and I didn’t want to subject the nurses to another dose of Legs so soon after their last !!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I’ve taken control of my kitchen again which is lovely and doing all my old chores, except vacuuming, though I am considering that now especially as I’ve just spilt flour on the kitchen floor and it keeps looking at me. (Vacuuming is a tricky occupation as it involves twisting the knee not just walking. :roll: ) I’ve also been eyeing up the exercise bike again I am sooooooooooo tempted – good job hubby's left the seat on his height 3 – if it was on 1 I would have got on it yesterday, oh the frustration of not being able to lower it myself ! n055.gif

I'm getting 120o bend again and yet I still have some swelling so I'm dead chuffed at that and proves it's been well worth gritting my teeth and doing the exercises before and after the operation. :grin:

When Stickywicket gets here we're welcoming you to our knee revision party which Cris has already started bringing the food ……………..drinks, by the way, are on Sticky!!!!

I will be starting another thread on LWA (not about the party you reprobates :roll: :lol: ) just to let you all (and others) know that Legs has returned .......just trying to think of an eye-catching title. :lol:

Lots of love
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi legs great to see you back val
    val
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Val,

Good to be back and thanks for the earlier hugs - they helped a lot :grin:
    Love, Legs x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    drinks, by the way, are on Sticky!!!![/size]

You may find this hard to believe (OK, some of you won't) but I've just come to this after sitting out in the garden for a jar or two of Th--kst-ns with Mr SW.

This is definitely a cause for great celebration and I think we can run to a bottle or several. OK let's do it properly and get a barrel in. (MTX patients will have to provide a doc's note. Apart from me with my perfect ALT levels.)

Legs, welcome back. Welcome to the crazy world of AC little Knew Knee. We'll be wetting your patella in no time.
    Steven Wright
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Sticky, Hi, the patella's my own and old so wet Knew-knee's head ....how many did you say you'd had????? :???: :roll:

.............and non-alcoholic for this gal, sadly, still on strong meds ....store up the sauce for me though because I'm weaning myself off the lovely painkillers as from now!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw dear Linda

I am truly sorry that you have had to go through all that with an infection. I thought you had been very quiet and had been thinking about you. It is enough to be going on with post op when things are going as they should so I do understand how bad it must have been for you. So good to hear that you are at long last feeling a little brighter. I am so looking forward to seeing you posting more like the "good ole days". :lol:
    Lots of love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.