The New Male in my Life - LOL

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 4. Sep 2011, 14:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce you to Knew-knee (pronounced can-new, can-nee) the new male in my life. :lol::lol::lol:

After a couple of hiccups he has become my new best friend. :grin:
    He doesn't clunk He doesn't feel like he's just going to lock He doesn't grate He doesn't wobble He doesn't hurt …………….anymore.
    He feels stable He feels strong He's offered to carry me around for a good few years He tells me when he's tired and politely asks for a rest ……………..if I don't listen he starts to swell and makes his presence known ……………………..so when he speaks I listen :wink:

He attracts a huge following who want a look at this new marvel who has entered my life, and indeed my body, and they all come bearing gifts. Bouquets and baskets of flowers, 022.gif plants, 005.GIF magazines,t9503.gif freshly baked scones with jam and cream t1989.gifand my fridge is full of chocolates like Thornton's Melts, Lindts Milk Chocolate Balls, Continentals and chocolate raisins. t3431.gift3431.gif Maybe you'd like to share them with me? I have been so lucky in seeing so many friends who have spared the time to visit and keep my moral up. :grin:

Thank you all too for your support whilst I've been recovering it is invaluable and there is no other like it. (I occasionally looked in even when I didn't have the energy or inclination to join and I knew you were all there routing for me.) :grin::grin:

So the moral of this post is to say if you're faced with the prospect of a new replacement joint, it's not easy, it sometimes hurts a bit and it can hurt a lot, you have to fight and exercise to get to know it but it is worth it in the end ……………………it has been for me and I hope it is for you too.

Me and my Knew-knee are striding out together in our brand new life and I'm looking forward to the challenges ahead - my new knee is the best thing to have happened to me in a long time.

Love to you all
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome Knew Knee. Looking forward to the party. Guess it'll be a real Knew Knees Up. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lindalegs
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: Wonderful
    Love, Legs x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    What a fabulous post Legs :grin::grin::grin:

So pleased your knew knee is settling well into his new role... and that you are happy with his presence in your life. :wink:

A few more flowers to welcome you back to the forum. :grin:
    047.gif

Enjoy the choccy and the scones with jam and cream!

((((Hugs))))

Iris xxxx

ps. Funny how all our replacements happen to be male! :lol:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Any sweeties left? well done so happy for you.Mig :P
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This is great news indeed, our lovely legs, and it is wonderful to see you posting again. I wish you the very best with the new male! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Legs
    What a lovely inspiring post....I wish my smilies would work I would send you some more flowers :grin:
    You carry on improving...and making us all laugh. :lol::lol: or even rant if you feel like it...
    You take care.
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Iris thanks for the flowers :grin: ..............and let's face it I'm a girl who only wants a male in my body :wink: :oops: :oops: :lol::lol:

Plenty of sweets left Mig .............what do you fancy :lol::lol:

Thanks Dreamsdaisy - he and I are getting on famously. :grin:

Hi Barbara, I don't do rant ........well not very often :wink: I can imagine the flowers you would have sent, so thank you :grin: If you need help getting you smilies just let me know and I'll try to help.

Luv
    Love, Legs x
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Hi Lindalegs

I am so pleased that things are improving for you. I am quite new to the forum and I have read all the posts about your knee. I really smiled when I read this post and it has helped me as I am going into hospital in just over two weeks to have both my hips replaced. Its so good to know that although there is pain and a lot of hard work its worth it in the end. Thanks again for making me smile and putting my mind at ease about my own surgery. Hope you keep improving xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Linda,

Wonderful to see you posting :grin: Glad everything went well for you-eventually!

Hope Knew-knee works wonders for you.

Take care,

love Eileen xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi knew knee welcome to the forum hope you fetch linda often now stop swelling on her and behave your self

p045.gif

no more of this and plenty of this

k015.gif
    val
    val
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Jean, I'm glad I've helped put your mind at ease, if it's any more help I've heard that hips are a less painful operation than knees (though I'm willing to be contradicted on that point should anyone wish :grin:). Having both hips done together will be quite a challenge, I do know because I had both knees done together eleven years ago. But you can do it and will do it and it will change your life for the better. Remember the exercises though, be patient too, don't try to rush things, rest a lot and most of all do as your surgeons and physios say and you'll be striding out before you know it. Good luck.

Eileen, my friend, good to see you there and thank you Knew-knee is glowing with all this attention ............I'm just waiting for his scab to drop off ................it must be the longest lived scab known to man and woman :roll: :lol::lol:

Hi Val my old fruitcake :wink: Knew-knee is listening and don't worry because when he gets too big for his boots I put the ice-cuff on him which the hospital gave me and it reduces him down to size :lol::lol: ..........................you got a dog I can loan then so I can do as you instruct ???

Luv
    Love, Legs x
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Legs i am glad that Knew Knee is behaving himself better now.

Maddie says she will volunteer to go walkies with you and Knew Knee and she says that she will give Knew Knee a big kiss if he behaves himself (now i am not sure if that is a threat or a promise)

What does Mr Legs think of the new man in your life...

Love Tracey and Maddie
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hello Linda,
    Lovely to see you posting again. sorry that things went haywire for a while there.

Now then about these chocolates, if you need to dispose of them humanely I’m your girl. :lol::lol:
    Lots of hugs,
    Lv, I x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi there what a brilliant post so pleased you and knewknee are getting to know whats right and wrong to be doing , i will be following your lead and talking to NED when hes been serviced xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Legs,

The gatecrashers have arrived....

So good to read something so positive cus its got to help others to see the replacements work.... Its a scary business and the more positive results the osier it has to be.

Right got some more jam and cream and will try so hard to get Slurps off the tables....

maybe if you shout at her cus she don't take much notice of me....

Legs I am so glad your back :grin: just sorry we weren't much support during the infection.

You enjoy your party and I shall drag the sheeps back to their beds and tuck them in... dn;t like them being up too long.

Love

The one with the cream in the pockets :lol: xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hi Legs!!

Great post :grin: and great news!!

Love him :grin: l think he sounds a real asset to the family.

Long may he hang around eh?

Please do share some of your goodies this way my fridge is very devoid of goodies (two dieters in ma hoose :sad: ) c085.gif

Lovely to hear such a confidant and inspiring post for any of us facing joint replacement in the near (or even not so near) future :grin:

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good morning LL and KK, how's tricks this morning? I hope all is well with both of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning Linda and Knew Knee

Lovely to see you both, Sorry I have only just seen your post.

Great that things are going so well for you both and a lovely post linda for anyone waiting for a replacement of anykind. I am sure when they have read this, that they will feel less worried.

Enjoy all your goodies.....sounds like there is a mountain of em to get through :lol:

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Tracey and Maddie, thanks for the offer of walkies and tell Maddie she can nibble at my scab if she wishes :shock: :lol::lol: Mr Legs is very grateful to the new male in my life afterall he introduced him to strip washes :wink: :oops: :lol::lol:

Do you want milk, white or dark chocolates I - the world's your oyster :lol:

Hi Bertygirl, NED will respond well to your paying him attention though I'll warn you their conversation is limited :roll: :lol:

SLURPS GET OFF THE BL**DY TABLE ..........did she listen Cris????? You couldn't have been there during the infection because you didn't know - I like to keep doom and gloom to myself when I can :wink: - your pockets are a bit messy now :shock: :grin:

Hi Toni you may have as many chocs as you can eat fortunately there are no dieters in my house :lol::lol:

Hi Dreamsdaisy, we're fine today thanks :grin:

Hi my little pink flamingo ......just like you we're in the pink. Glad you like the thread, I try to help when I can ..............she says unmodestly :roll:

Luv
    Love, Legs x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Linda :grin:

Love hearing about the new male in your life :lol: You are a fast worker, :oops: :wink::lol: Took me at least 9 months before I fully trained both of mine; they passed the test and then we became very friendly :lol:

Keep on, keeping on, :grin:

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Linda
    I can identify with your sentiments fully having recently having had a new joint (ankle).The journey can sometimes be a little bumpy but the destination is well worth it!!................ :grin:
    I don't know if mine is male or female so haven't given it a name but the old joint had many names none of them complimentary........... :evil
    Ron x
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • lindalegs
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:

Love hearing about the new male in your life :lol: You are a fast worker, :oops: :wink::lol:

Love
    Elna x

Bit of a tart I am Elna :wink:

Love
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Linda
    I can identify with your sentiments fully having recently having had a new joint (ankle).The journey can sometimes be a little bumpy but the destination is well worth it!!................ :grin:
    I don't know if mine is male or female so haven't given it a name but the old joint had many names none of them complimentary........... :evil
    Ron x

Ron, you can give your new ankle whatever identity you like, more importantly it has to be your friend it'll be supporting you for a long time. :lol::lol: Seriously it helps me focus on something with a name especially when I'm pushing myself and it to it's limits.

Glad to know you're doing well :grin:

Luv
    Love, Legs x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    elnafinn wrote:

Love hearing about the new male in your life :lol: You are a fast worker, :oops: :wink::lol:

Love
    Elna x

Bit of a tart I am Elna :wink:

:lol: I love it :lol::lol:

Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,953
    Options
    Hi Lindalegs and Knew Knee
    welcome knew knee to linda's home you do your best to take linda where ever she would like to go and you will i'm sure get looked after as well.
    linda you have worked hard i hope you have some lovely journeys together.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx