where have all the men gone

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 30. Aug 2011, 06:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
well it been a while since our story teller started one and as he indisposed at the moment i had better start one feel free to add as we go along.

on a long lost forum long ago things slowed down and then the ladies realised that most of the long time men had dissapeared.
del the pirate
len the story teller
mel the man of many talente
joseph the computer geniouse
well the girls were not going to put up with this so joan,bubbles,trisher,dd and val decided to get the buss out and tour the country to see what was going on

p065.gif

val got a hamper from the cafe filled with goodies cris had sent cornish cream and pasties.so off they set dd had the map and they were to pick nina up alog the way
val

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Are you coming nottingham way,could do with a trip out ? Mig
  • valval
    mig wrote:
    Are you coming nottingham way,could do with a trip out ? Mig

yes live in worksop so will pick you up on way get ready will get to you later can you read a map??? and bring change of clothes anything can happen on these trips
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Oh what a good idea, Val :!: Let's all go on a man hunt :!: :grin:
    They all seem to have gone into hiding at the moment, so I think it's high time we discovered what they are all up to ( chances are they're up to no good, being male, but we still need to find out )

After Nottingham to pick up Mig, the bus can call at Derby for me and Nina and then we will be off to search for all the missing men.

I wasn't sure what equipment we would need to entice the men out of hiding, but I've got some crates of beer from the Cane and Able bier.gif,
    a TV for them to watch the footie on football.gif,
    a fold-up bed for Del to lie down and recover on smilie_bett.gif,
    a computer to keep Joseph happy SmilieComputer.gif

and we ladies are very a very glamorous lot

222girlas.jpg

If that doesn't bring them out of hiding, I don't know what else will :!:

Where shall we go first :?: Perhaps a tour round the Midlands to find Len, Del, and Joseph, and then we could head up to Yorkshire for Tony, Lancashire for Ichabod, and then Oxfordshire for Mell. We might find a few more on the way too :grin:

Oh, I've got a lasso to catch them with when we see them. Thought it might come in handy in case they try to escape :lol:

cowboy.gif

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Can I join in the hunt too :grin:
    Will bake some of those butterfly buns again especially for the trip :grin:

juliepf x
  • joanlawson
    Welcome on board, Julie :grin: Butterfly buns are a necessity :!: :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    They're all round at mine. I'll send 'em back! :smile:

I was actually pondering this very fact very early this morning: I know tjt is going thro the mill a little (well, a lot) and del is still on Canadian time (it's like American time but slower :smile: ) but I am worried about rehab. And mel and livinglegend. They are quiet, aren't they? If the bus is coming anywhere near Ipswich . . . . . I've packed my nipple tassels. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    The fact that dd has her tassles ready is a frightening prospect :shock:
    I'm sorry ladies but between suffering a lot with pain plus ibs & then having a pc that was made in the stone age, I have been rather awol. I'm going to be cheeky too, can you ladies give me a lift to the hospital tomorrow. Off back to see the surgeon again. Knee ops ain't worked..

I'll try and get on more..

PS... That lasso is chafing.. :eek:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    tony if you trust us to get you there no problem.
    del we do not want your brain body will do.
    dd this should be worth watching .
    julie great to have you right all aboard and off we go by the way who driving we will never get there if it me only gone in reverce so who up for it
    o015.gif

cuddles on and ready

e010.gif
    am ready to track them down
    val
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi ladies
    Oh Joan beer,tv and glamorous ladies you have such a way with words,I bet men are like putty in your hands........... :eek:

How can I resist count me in for the bus ride of a lifetime (if the beer doesn't run out).I feel a moral obligation to protect del from the insatiable advances of you ladies,even at the expense of my own safety that's how dedicated and loyal we men are............ :shock:

Please remember the map DD (even if you mere ladies cannot read it).In case of emergency I will pack my Good Beer Guide.Just hope the bus is heading as far south as Faversham.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • julie47
    Val I'll drive and you read the map.....but turn it the other way round :lol:

h045.gif

everyone sitting comfy? DD & joan have we got everything, mig hold on tight. Tony & prefab do you feel safe.....remember only one of my legs works :lol:

Val are we ready? Just tell me when to hit the pedal. :grin:
  • valval
    right hit it now
    f033.gif
    is this the right map?????

t4009.gif

do you always look like this when driving
    val
  • julie47
    :lol: yup thats me val :lol:

The map.....no, wrong one.....ours said rain :lol:
  • valval
    is this better
    t119014.gif
    sure it right now
    val
  • tjt6768
    Missing posting. Trying very hard not to throw phone through window right now.. :x

Arrgghh..
    Cursor jumping all over :evil
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Are we nearly there yet? Short msgs not as frustrating :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Portsmouth to Santander Then down to madrid Madrid to Alicante and the AP7 to Albatera Follow signs for Hondon I'll be waiting in the village outside Bar Pepin :evil :evil :evil
  • valval
    tonesp wrote:
    Portsmouth to Santander Then down to madrid Madrid to Alicante and the AP7 to Albatera Follow signs for Hondon I'll be waiting in the village outside Bar Pepin :evil :evil :evil

can you have some wine waiting will need some after that trip mind you love spain so we will come hope this bus gets there
    p0401.gif
    have booked boat ready
    val
  • joanlawson
    We're doing quite well so far, aren't we ladies :?: We've found Tony,Ron, and Tone, but still searching for the others.

Spain, via the hospital for Tony, and Faversham, here we come :!:
  • parrotman
    parrotman Member Posts: 36
    Not one of yer regulars so to speak but if you're passing through Watford I'll be glad to hop aboard and make everyone a well earned cuppa ( sorry lads, no beer in the house at the mo ).

If I'm not here tomorrow when you call, I'll be up at Luton Airport ( weather permitting ) wiv me camera doin' a bit of plane spotting.

Cheers John
    P1010005-1.jpg
  • mig
    Wow thats some drive so far,glad i brought clean clothes :oops: Mig
  • julie47
    e015.gif

Stopping here for breakfast .....is that ok?

Val glad you found the right map, you are doing well there readingg me the directions.

Full english here, I am starving
    a015.gif

juliepf x
  • mig
    Full breakfast for me too with plenty of tea.Mig
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    I'll skip the full English breakfast this time,must leave room for beverages of the alcafrolic kind.
    Will stick with the porridge as usual,must have my oats every morning!
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • joanlawson
    parrotman wrote:
    Not one of yer regulars so to speak but if you're passing through Watford I'll be glad to hop aboard and make everyone a well earned cuppa ( sorry lads, no beer in the house at the mo ).

If I'm not here tomorrow when you call, I'll be up at Luton Airport ( weather permitting ) wiv me camera doin' a bit of plane spotting.

Cheers John

Hello John, and pleased to meet you. We'll call in at Watford for you, or otherwise we'll find you at Luton Airport. That cuppa would be very welcome on this epic journey. :grin:
    Parrotman :?: Does that mean you'll be bringing a parrot with you :?: Should be interesting :lol:

Joan
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think I will go for the patriotic tassels today :smile: dipped in real ale :smile: just to remind tonesp what he's missing! :grin: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben