Dreading tomorrow!

Options
80squeen
80squeen Member Posts: 69
edited 28. Aug 2011, 07:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, please excuse me while I have a moment!
:shock: Tomorrow I am having a steroid injection in my hip and I am dreading it!! Am trying to reason with myself that it will be different than my foot, as they were excrutiating, but still....... :cry: :roll: I don't want to go!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've never had one in my foot but I've had them in knees, shoulders and bum with no problems. There's not much flesh on feet which might make them worse. Just relax as much as possible, 80'sQueen. (Tense the muscles, then relax them) It helps. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I can understand how you are feeling about tomorrow but all I can say is that if you have had injections in your feet it will not be as painful as that. Think positive and how it may help you if you undergo a few seconds of pain. Whenever I have had injections and I have had a few, I politely say that I do not want a running commentary thank you but just get it over with and I shut my eyes and think of something nice. I never, never look. :smile:

It will be ok and do let us know how you go on,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    With you for tomorrow.I have had injections in thumb joints twice and no its not nice but injection s in bum are so much easier as its fleshy so hip should not be too bad.Will be in your pocket.Mig
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    80squeen

Don't worry you will be fine with all us in your pocket sending out courage signals.
    I have never had one in my foot, that must have hurt. I once had an injection in my shoulders and knees that were not that bad and every so often I ask for one in the backside when I am feeling the strain. (the bum one doesn't hurt due to me having plenty of flesh there :lol: )

I hope the injection brings you some relief.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Hi 80queen
    try not to worry i've had the injection in my hip and the pains not too bad it's worth it to take the arther pain away it took mine about 3 months to start to work its now over a year and the
    pain as not come back too much.
    i will be thinking about you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    I've had steroid joint injections in various joints and also IMs too.....but not in my hips; so can't speak from experience on that one.

I can understand your reluctance but you'll be in safe hands and hopefully it will give you some welcome relief from arther :grin: ...that'll make it all so worthwhile. :wink:

I'll squeeze into your pocket tomorrow and distract you with some loud music on my MP3... :grin:

good luck and let us know how you got on.

Iris xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I can understand the reluctance too: I will be there in spirit with the strawberries and fizz, I will give my bell an extra little ring for you tonight, and in the morning at around 8am, yes? It will be OK and let's hope it brings the relief you need. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    I have had a steroid injection in my hip, but I had a full anaesthetic, because he was also putting a camera in to see what was going on
    But when I came round a couple of the other patients had there injections, and said all they felt was a drawing sensation in there leg.
    I hope it give you some relief, and please ley us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi, i've had one in my foot and your right it does kill... I have the steroid jab in my buttock and it is just a small pinprick no pain at all, wether it is the same for the hip i am not sure but i doubt it can be as painful as the foot, that hurt :lol: Wish you well
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    not had any yet so can not help was offered but chickened out till it hurts more.will be in your pocket leaving hugs and positive thoughts for you sure it will be worth it do you have to rest for so many hours after i think i read some where val
    val
  • 80squeen
    Options
    Ah thankyou lovely forum friends!! Your support is much appreciated! Has to be done as the consultant is using it as a diagnostic so we cant progress any further until its done. I shall report back tomorrow night. Thanks again,
    Josie x
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.Haven't had injection in the hip but did have one in the ankle,barely felt it............... :eek:
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Hey 80's Queen

I have only had one in my elbow and it wasnt too bad, I think the worse part for me was waiting to get it done as I was so nervous about it. I hope it all goes well and I will be in your pocket tomorrow xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Josie,

Try and stay calm. the jabs are nit that bad and can often hep to varying degrees.

I understand the fear but I have had a lot of injections into joint over the years and they are not that bad flowr they realy are not.

they will take good care f you and will be in your pocket. ((((( ))))) and a bucket of courage. Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi Josie

l think the more you tense up the more you might feel it :shock: The concsiously tensing then relaxing method really can help with that.

Apart from that you do know to rest for as close to 48 hours afterwards don't you? No ballet lessons or hoovering for YOU :wink:

Good luck l will be with you, but as Elna said...l won't be looking at the needle....will be listening to Iris' MP3 with you.

Love and best of luck

REMEMBER: This could bring you really good releif and you could be so happy in a day or so.

Love

Toni xx
  • 80squeen
    Options
    Hooray! All done! It was sore but nowhere near as bad as the foot was. Wasnt there long and have been told I can do whatever I feel like! :grin::grin: Its a bit sore now but nothing too bad-back to him in 6weeks to see how its doing.
    Many thanks for all your support
    Josie X
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Well done you.Mig :grin:
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Aw Josie, I am so glad its all over and done with and it wasnt too bad. You will be so relieved. Hope you have a nice relaxing evening xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am glad to hear that it went well, make sure you rest as that gives the stuff the chance to sink into the joint and really get to work in giving relief. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well done you did it val m0135.gif
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Josie,

really glad it's all done and with luck it will really work well for you. Go a bit easy on it for the next couple of days. See not too bad eh? Cris xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Quick message to say well done, glad that it went ok and wasn't too badnow let's hope it does some good for you, best of luck with it :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh Josie!!!

Well done you l am so proud of you!!!

You did so well :grin:

Nopw nothing to do but rest for you and cross everything that it works really well and for ages too!

Love

toni xx
  • 80squeen
    Options
    Hi thankyou very much for all your good wishes. It was very sore last night and I didn't sleep very well, kept waking up, but it doesn't seem as sore this morning.
    Love, Josie X
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Josie

how's it going today? A lot better l hope and maybe even helping??

Fingers crossed

Love

toni xx