My Weight Loss/Body Shape

Options
2»

Comments

• angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think the 11.5 inches you've lost is testament to how hard you are working to lose weight and any doctor worth his salt would be proud of you for that.

It is much harder for people with arthur and the like to lose weight as more often than not you are in a flare or in pain, or have swollen bits that don't do as they are told, and it's not easy to get motivated and into a routine.

I know there are days that I just can't will up the enthusiasm to walk but when I make myself I always feel better for it.

You are doing a great job, really well done to you.
    Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Ratface

The steroids are for my auto immune disease and the only treatment for the idiopathic uritciaria, angioedema and dermagraphism, etc is pred so nothing I can do and as its not a creature of habit that is reacting to food etc I cannot elimnate the culprit...Its an irrational thing but I want off the steroids and wont be on them longer than I have to...
    Im still losing weight just now so im happy....

Elainex
    ratface wrote:
    Congratulations on your weight loss you are doing well.

I lost so much weight when I finally managed to come off of the steroids. (Weight loss started gradually as I weaned myself off of them).

It's a vicious circle when on steroids obviously we need them because of the pain but they do have a lot of side effects. Not least of all weight gain.

I do wonder if there is something else which would help as a replacement to steroids. I think that if I need steroids again I will ask if there is an alternative before I start.

However, have you pointed out to your 'knee person' that it is not so easy to loose weight will on steroids? You probably have but some sympathy from them would go a long way to boost your moral.

Ratface xxxx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Ange

Well my gp and dietican are very happy with my weight loss but its the target weight the surgeon wishes me to be for the op, and he is considering me for surgery when nobody else would so Im thankful to reach that for him...
    I must say its cos i dont work, if i worked i doubt id be as comitted as I am, gives my lazy bones an aim...Im not in as much pain as others on here, in fact my pain has halved so weight has played a part in my downfall.....Its been hard but im getting there and im proof that anyone can do it the sensible way too....

Elainex
    angie1973 wrote:
    I think the 11.5 inches you've lost is testament to how hard you are working to lose weight and any doctor worth his salt would be proud of you for that.

It is much harder for people with arthur and the like to lose weight as more often than not you are in a flare or in pain, or have swollen bits that don't do as they are told, and it's not easy to get motivated and into a routine.

I know there are days that I just can't will up the enthusiasm to walk but when I make myself I always feel better for it.

You are doing a great job, really well done to you.
    Ange..xx