Oh Poo !

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 5. Sep 2011, 12:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Having had diarrhoea since Tuesday with no improvement along with a slight temperature I called in the doctor yesterday.

He strongly suspects c.difficile. :shock:

Apparently this has been caused by my first lot of strong antibiotics for the infection of my knee wound. This killed off all the good bacteria in my stomach allowing bad bacteria from my bowel up into my gut. :roll:

I had to get a sample to the docs for testing this morning so I spent an interesting time trying to gather enough poo (without weeing in it!) into a little sample bottle supplied with it's own baby spade. :shock: (Sorry if you're eating!!!!! :oops: )

I have another lot of strong antibiotics to take now. I also have to drink Lucozade, suck Dextra tablets for the glucose and have Yakult or Actimel 3 times a day …………….which is very nice. :grin:

I have to keep away from any vulnerable, frail people (a couple of you know how hard that is for me :cry::cry: ) and preferably not mix with anyone at all as I'm highly contagious ..............please wash your hands thoroughly after reading this :wink:

Things to be grateful for ……………………….I feel a Pollyanna moment coming up ……..
    We've been married 33 years today – YAY. It will be the most different anniversary we've ever had with no kissing, no touching but we do wave to each other occasionally when I'm not astride the toilet. We'll save money on not having a big slap up meal. No alcohol – so no headache tomorrow It's raining here so it's not a nice day for going out anyway. My best friend popped in with a bunch of yellow roses for me. I'm allowed to eat little and often. I've not taken Mtx since my operation (thank goodness) and probably won't again after discussions with my Rheumy. and lastly, I've only pooed twice today so far!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• 80squeen
    80squeen Member Posts: 69
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh no! What a pain! Hopefully they'll be able to get on top of it quickly now they know what it is, unpleasant though the tests have been for you :shock: better then them faffing for ages! Hope you are feeling much better very soon and happy anniversary!!!!
    Love Josie Xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh legs, only you could write with such good humour about something so grotty. I am so sorry, after your note of yesterday I feared a bug of somesort and a c.difficile is not a nice one (tho come to think of it, none of them are. :sad: ) I hope you and Mr Legs manage to have a pleasant anniversary, despite everything. Right, off to wash me mitts! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Well thats an interesting post,hope your bottom isnt too sore with all the goings and that it will soon pass (sorry about the pun).Its not a nice day for going out i got very wet now hands are aching.
    Many congrats on your anniversary hope you can celebrate soon.Best wishes to you both.Mig
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Oh legs that is a blow, not a nice way to spend your anniversary (congratulations to you and Mr Legs).
    at least you are doing all the right things keeping your fluid and glucose levels up.
    I am sure you can persuade Mr Legs to take you out for a belated anniversary dinner when you are feeling better,

Now you take care of yourself.

Tracey
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, dear Linda! First of all congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Well, you can make up with the kissing and cuddling later on, can't you? :grin: After all, we should make every day an anniversary!

I have to admit that I had to google c.difficile, having never heard of it before. Not nice! I am so sorry for you. Do you have vaseline to the ready? :wink:

No doubt you are being looked after well, thinking of you. Only you could write so comically about something so nasty. Bless you,

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Firstly congratulations on your wedding anniversary from me and the forum team.

Sorry that you are having a bad time healthwise. C difficile is not at all nice, and you are coping in a really positive way....well done :grin:

Jean
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Dear Linda happy anniversary. I was sure you said 1976 was your wedding year. Still 33 years is just as good. Shame about the kissing but arthritis always likes to spoil the party.

Well I hope its not C diff. As Jean said its no at all nice. What a Shame. Take care of yourself, it will all be over soon and you can enjoy the new knee.

Love and hugs

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Linda and Mr Legs
    have a lovly evening both of you even if you sit at either ends of the settee with the tea trolly going back and fore you enjoy it.
    ((((((((linda))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Legs,

A very Happy Anniversary to you both 068.gif I hope even with the c-dif you will have a decent day.

Legs I got that off the back of the drip once hen I was done as an inpatient... It did cross my mind it might be what you had got but so sorry it was.

Hang i there flowr and yep its raining :lol:

The glucose and the fluid intake is very important and also just rest as much as you can.

Hope its a short term thing for you flower and leaving a ((((( ))))) cus I might have a bit more immunity now :lol: Love and a bucket of hopes Cris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    I hope you have a lovely anniversary to you and Mr Legs :grin:

k015.gif

Congratulations!

I know tis a yukky thought, but legs tis good they are trying to find out and are treating you in any case.

I do hope you feel much better very very soon.

Love

Toni xx

Just pu-u-uushing this post onto.....this...thread with a long....stick....

there that should do it :wink:
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Linda,

Happy Anniversary! Poor you though, not having it good these days. I hope you don't have c.diff, not nice. I wish you well and as others have said, you can make up for it later with your hubby :wink:

Lots of (((((((()))))))) to you both,

love Eileen xx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Thanks everyone :grin::grin:

Mr Legs and I shall sit either end of the sofa with our white suits on and face masks watching a cheesy film like Pretty Woman or Dirty Dancing tonight and if he's lucky I might,just might, blow him a kiss :lol::lol:

PS my grotty botty glows a pulsating red like Rudolph's nose on Santa's sleigh :roll: :oops: :oops: :lol::lol::lol:

See you tomorrow all ......................................hopefully :wink:
    Love, Legs x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    poor you what a time you are having i love yellow roses hope things getting better cyber hugs (better not touch you) val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Linda you are a mad bugger but thats why we love ya, and many congratulations on your anniversary....I think keeping apart like that will make mr Legs even more irresistible when the times comes.....I do hope you feel better very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Legs,

Oh flowr i hope you both had a reasonable day even though your in your white suits and masks.

Leaving a long distance ((((( ())))) and a pallet of soft loo roll.

Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow, which technically is today I guess.... Love Cris xx
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Hi Lindalegs

Sorry I am a bit late - Happy Anniversary :grin:

I hope you feel much better soon and its good to see you havent lost your sense of humour. Sending you hugs and hope you have a speedy recovery xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    How's your belly Legs??

any better?

Love

Toni xx

PS may l suggest aloe vera loo roll? :shock:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning legs, I hope you are feeling a little better/brighter today. I donate an industrial sized pot of Vaseline to the cause of soothing your - ahem! - bottom. DD
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Legs

Sorry I missed this....I have only been nipping on in dribs and drabs so not fully paying attention :oops: Oh been on holiday decorating so I have had to keep an expert eye on him :wink: making sure he does it right :lol:

I hope you were able to enjoy your anniversary despite your tummy trouble and I hope now that you are much better.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hello Linda,

Sorry I missed your anniversary but congratulations anyway. I hope you will be aloud out soon and then you will be able to celebrate properly.
    060.gif

Sending a virus control suit and a thick soft cushion. :oops:
    Lv, I x
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Happy (Belated :oops: ) Aniversary linda & Mr Legs.
    hope your feeling better today.

Sending you some of my nice bottom wipes & a big ((((())))) debs
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Good afternoon legs, how are things today? Hopefully you are feeling better and a certain aspect of life is a little firmer. DD
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes. :grin::grin::grin: 'Twas a chaste evening with dry bread and water and some exercise nipping to the loo and back but we shall make up for it later :grin:

On reflection in 33 years (1978 Elizabeth :wink: ) it's the only 'bad' one we've had and at least we were together .........................one day one of us will be on their own :shock: :shock: :shock: ............but we don't want to think about that so let's have a grotty botty and scummy tummy update :grin::grin:
      The Metronidazole (antibiotic) seems to be working and things are settling down .............at last :!: My beacon of a botty is being soothed by a nice antiseptic cream called Conotrane, which I would swear by. We've actually been out for a drive today and most importantly I can eat again and enjoy it. Hubby even collected the Marks & Spencer 2Dine for £10 for a treat - except I can't have the wine :roll: Things are on the up, YAY :grin::grin:

Thanks once again.
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Ah Linda I know it is 1978 now but had it in my head for ages it was 1976! 33 years is better than none!
    I love the M&S £10 dine in for two! The non alcy grape wine is lovely. I hope he didn't sit and drink a bottle of wine in front of you. That would be teasing!

Glad you are feeling better.

ps; remember what you said about valentines day next year 2012 being a leap year- I have been thinking its a good suggestion after all :wink::wink:

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Glad you are feeling better.

ps; remember what you said about valentines day next year 2012 being a leap year- I have been thinking its a good suggestion after all :wink::wink:

Elizabeth

Go for it E what have you got to lose? :grin:

PS We're having the M&S in a little while and yes, he'll have the vino, but I don't mind as I'll just have some Lucozade in a wine glass :wink:

Love
    Love, Legs x