Underrated Pleasures

Options

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A cuddle from my 3yr old niece, who also gave me a kiss better on my poorly shoulder :grin: X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Johnson's Baby Powder. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Knowing that Gary is not just a sparkle in the sky :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Knowing that you will see your folks in a couple of days :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Good thread. I like the suggestion and views of the members. Thanks for sharing this post with me.

vaastu consultant | Vastu Shastra | Advertising agencies in delhi | vastu | Earthquake in india

I believe you owe me an explanation Gary, where have you been, me and your new mother (still doesn't know we are adopting you) have been worried sick. We were told that you had been shot up into space and were now wondering aimlessly like some celestial body :shock:
    You are grounded young man, go to your room, and no tinterweb for a week.. AND.... I am taking away your James T Kirk jimmy jams for a fortnight.. Yeah.. Not so clever now are we :???:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Stu69
    Stu69 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:

I believe you owe me an explanation Gary, where have you been, me and your new mother (still doesn't know we are adopting you) have been worried sick. We were told that you had been shot up into space and were now wondering aimlessly like some celestial body :shock:
    You are grounded young man, go to your room, and no tinterweb for a week.. AND.... I am taking away your James T Kirk jimmy jams for a fortnight.. Yeah.. Not so clever now are we :???:

PMSL!!! :lol:

Gary, you've no idea how upset Tony was, and although he didn't show it he was genuinely upset when you left. The poor man was left grieving for seconds.
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Watching dawn breaking
    Birds first early morning calls
    Listening to heavy rain, thunder or snow on a day you don't have to be anywhere lying in bed
    remembering everything for once
    when Ive completed a poem
    just layed egg still warm
    The first moments in a lavender piping hot bath
    fresh bed linen
    Hot water bottle filled bed in winter
    first greeting from the cat hearing that purr
    chocolate
    Hair washed and cut by a stylist
    wearing a just bought outfit
    nice post
    catching that bus on time
    Joanne
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks Stu.. My heart is still broken into one piece. I don't know if I will every get over the losers of erm.... Gary, yeah, Gary.. Chubby American kid, lived in his parents basement.. Played online games a lot, zero social skills.. Yeah, that's him..
    Oh God I miss him :cry: :roll: :cry:

quote="Stu69"]
    tjt6768 wrote:

PMSL!!! :lol:

Gary, you've no idea how upset Tony was, and although he didn't show it he was genuinely upset when you left. The poor man was left grieving for seconds.[/quote]
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Returning postal spam in the wrong pre-paid envelopes, imagining their little faces lighting up 'cos they think they have an order for their green-lipped mussel filth but instead finding an offer for double glazing. Luvverly. DD
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Sitting on the sofa with our two dogs Rascal and Sammy
    As it rains so little here a really good downpour
    Cafe con Leche and a large brandy :smile::smile::smile:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    going to skeggy this morning, gonna see me folks :grin:
    Were due to go tomorrow, off a day early.. :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Stu69
    Options
    Beer battered Spam fritters. :oops:

I'll get me coat. :lol:
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • Stu69
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Thanks Stu.. My heart is still broken into one piece.

:lol::lol: *applause*

I see there's a few other 'Gary's' about this marnin... grab one while you can, before they all get adopted by the 'Gary Collection and Re-homing Department'. :grin:
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    That first cup of tea in the morning.

Smell of fresh bread, soft and yummy.

Someone saying thank you just because you did a small thing.

A really nice hug

A neck massage

Long soak in the bath

How clean my house looks for an hour before the kids get everything out again and spoil the effect :wink:

How I'm surprised by how much love I have for my kids and how whenever I look at my husband, I feel like saying 'Cooorrrrrrrrr', as even after 12 years together, he looks just as gorgeous as the day we got together.

Chicken with rice and reggae reggae sauce - best thing ever!

A warm bed

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Stu, re the spam fritters - all called Gary, I suppose? Or don't you name your food? DD
  • Stu69
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Stu, re the spam fritters - all called Gary, I suppose? Or don't you name your food? DD

:lol:

If I named my food I wouldn't be able to eat anything at all! I'd feel bad. I mean, I even hate leaving an egg in a carton, alone! :oops:
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Stu69 wrote:
    If I named my food I wouldn't be able to eat anything at all! I'd feel bad. I mean, I even hate leaving an egg in a carton, alone! :oops:

Snap, I have to put it with something, usually goes in with the salad, so it gets a carrot or two for company...

I thought I was the only one mad enough to feel sorry for lone things... I even tuck teddies into bed in case they feel the cold.

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • tjt6768
    Options
    just sitting in a caravan in Skeggy chilling out. :grin:
    Hurting from the drive but... At least I'm at the seaside :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Stu69
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    just sitting in a caravan in Skeggy chilling out. :grin:
    Hurting from the drive but... At least I'm at the seaside :grin:

Good man - blow the froth off of a couple for me while you're there! :grin:
  • Stu69
    Options
    angie1973 wrote:
    Stu69 wrote:

Snap, I have to put it with something, usually goes in with the salad, so it gets a carrot or two for company...

I thought I was the only one mad enough to feel sorry for lone things... I even tuck teddies into bed in case they feel the cold.

:lol::lol:

I don't go as far as the teddies but totally get the lure to do-so.

Yep, hate leaving things on their own if they've spent a good part of their short existence with others... not just eggs, I'm the same with the last apple or 'nana in the fruit bowl too I'm ashamed to say, amongst other things! :oops: :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Being able to lounge on the sofa of an afternoon, without guilt, as I am 'properly' ill. Got the penicilllin to prove it! :smile:
  • Stu69
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Being able to lounge on the sofa of an afternoon, without guilt, as I am 'properly' ill. Got the penicilllin to prove it! :smile:

*like* :grin:

I've finished work early - defo an underrated pleasure, is that!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Take it you mean cricket? Nah, Flog It. I told you, I'm properly ill! :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    being so tired due to proper fresh skeggy air that I might eventually sleep well tonight once I do nod off :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hot buttered toast with gratted mature cheese in
    val