julie47pf has another pre-op

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Sep 2011, 04:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Our lovely pink flamingo had a letter this morning. She has to go to her hospital on October 5th for another set of pre-op checks and an operation date of October 6th has been mentioned. :shock: Not confirmed, just mentioned. Julie is a little happier now that she knows what is happening but this has also induced a fit of the shakes - and given what she is facing that is little wonder. (For those of you who are relatively new, Julie has RA, is in a wheelchair and she is facing an operation on her neck, a similar op to Elna's I believe.)

I'll be there in spirit on the 5th Julie, that's a promise. I am so pleased that you have had this letter, at long last things are moving and hopefully the uncertainty of the past few months is over. ((((()))) and a smidge of love. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This time it's for real, Julie. I feel it in my arthritic bones. Well, I feel something and I think that's what it is.

It's hard enough waiting for a scarey op let alone being messed about by changing dates and out-of-date pre-ops.

This is it. It will all go well. I'll be monitoring it with my long distance spy camera.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Great news ive got this really positive feeling for you,all will be well,as sticky said i can feel it in my bones.fingers crossed as much as i can.Love Mig
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hi Julie.
    i will be there for you julie on both days. try not to worry
    we will be there for you.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    Positive thoughts for you and I'll be there. xx
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thanks DD
    Julie I will be thinking about you, and will be there all the way....you take care...and I will have everything crossed for you....
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    DD thankyou so much for this thread. I feel rather guilty as I was out with OH while you were typing thiis up :oops: :lol: But I was so happy that today the black cloud wasn't hanging over me we just had to celebrate with a walk (scooter) round a rreservoir.

I am really pleased that the re-assessment pre op is on wed 5th. When I rang last wednesday the receptionist said my op date had been moved from the 3rd to the 6th october SO I really do have my fingers crossed thatt they can still do it on that date (with the assessment being only the day before).....we will see eh?

(Has anyone had a re-assessment done as an outpatient then in the next day foor the op???)

Sticky,mig,dachsund,cloud and barbara thaank you all for your well wishes

I really do appreciate all your support cause this blooming cloud has been looming along time and I reckon you will be as glad when this first part is over just like me :lol: stop me whinging :lol:

I promise the next op.....I am not gonna ask when :lol: will just let it come as and when, then it will be a surprise :lol:

Thankyou all again from
    a shakey but happier Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Some people wouldn't know what a whinge was like if it stood in front of them for several hours & looked them straight in the face. You are one of that happy breed, Julie.

Now stop shaking or you'll fall off your scooter & they'll have to cancel everything.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    my dear Julie.. In sure that you know without doubt that me, Ra and even Janet will be there in the pockets :grin:
    You are a great inspiration for so many so in sure that many more will add their names to the list too :wink:

Best wishes hun :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Julie
    Hope all goes well on 6th I will be thinking of you.
    Love
    Vonski x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Julie send you many hugs and wishes for things to go as planned xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Julie
    Count me in for pocket duties both days
    Love
    hileena
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Good luck Julie, I'm glad that things are moving again for you. :grin:

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Julie

Wow, so you received the letter yesterday. Not long to wait then and the preop so close to the op date. Well, you already had a pre opp assessment a few months ago didn't you, but still they do have to do another one. I hope you feel ok about this, besides the normal wobblies but that is only natural.

I shall definitely be thinking of you on those days and before too. It is great that the black cloud has lifted and you enjoyed being out today. It was good weather if you had the same as us here. I was in the garden with little Lola playing ball, and Hansel and Gretal, lost in the woods, of course I was Hansel!! :roll: :wink: Goodness knows what people thought if they were in their gardens and could hear us! Made a change from playing hospitals though. :lol:

Well I must get to bed now as Lola will be here at 9.30 am! I had to reply to your thread though. :grin:

Hugs to you,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hello Julie,
    just wanted to wish you well for the op.
    I think the pre-op is probably a tick-box thing so they're following all the rules.
    Good luck and take care
    x
  • julie47
    Options
    sticky,tony,vonski,berty,hileena,linda,elna,daylily

Thank you all for your replies. I have stopped shaking now sticky so I can hold on tight to thiss scoot. As you say "don't want anything else to go wrong :lol: "

It will be lovely having you all in my pockets for the pre op on the 5th

I am so hoping the letter for my op arrives this week as it was only word of mouth over the phone that I am down for the op on the 6th.
    (do I trust this receptionist.....No)

GUESS what......I am going to ring this receptionist tomorrow ,, stuff it if she is fed up of me....Its their fault and my hubby needs to know so that he can book the time off.
    I willl let you know what she says AGAIN tomorrow. (I have made a note of all these dates and times I have spoke to her)

I will imagine you all sat on my dining room table, arms crossed,scowling and tapping your feet (at her) :lol:

Thankyou for reading but sorry I ranted at the end.

Take care
    juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I'll be the one throwing daggers at her till she gives the right answer...

Lol
    :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I shall not be sitting at your table. I shall be standing, ready for action, and handing the daggers to Tony.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    And I will be making the daggers to pass to Sticky to be passed to Tony for the throwing. Thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi, I didn't get my letter until the morning I was going in for the op, it was all word of mouth. Only got one because I had to cancel a holiday and needed proof of the op.
    I am sure it will be Ok this time
    (((())))
  • julie47
    Options
    :lol::lol: oh you do make me laugh....thankyou tony,sticky & dd

Daylily thankyou that has give me hope hearing about your letter. :grin:

juliepf x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    It was word of mouth for me too, both times. The first op (which was cancelled) the secretary rang me about 3 weeks before and then the letter arrived about 4 days before the operation. The second time she rang a fortnight before and the letter arrived two days before .....so it's the norm for here.

It won't do any harm ringing her tomorrow though especially as your hubby needs to book time off work.

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Julie,

Good for you for ringing tomorrow, as you say it is not unreasonable to know exactly when you will be going in for your operation. They should be well aware that arrangements have to be made on both sides.

I will be with you in sprit on 5th Oct and hopefully they will be able to answer any of your questions and give you some reassurance.

Lv, I x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Julie, I'll be in your pocket too. Hope there is room for me!

I'm glad you have a date. I also think it's a good idea to phone tomorrow, so you know for sure. You don't deserve to be messed around and I'm sure they'll understand. Who cares if she's fed up of you? This is your life and only her job. You're the patient, you come first. You stand your ground, girl! :lol:

All the best and please let us know how the phone call goes.
    love Sophie x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Julie

Most definitely, you call the receptionist tomorrow. :smile: We have all said that you must and why not let them know that you want to see it in writing before your hubby organises time off.:lol:Tell her you or your husband will go and collect the letter yourself, if need be :wink:

Thinking of you as my op date looms very close - two more sleeps .... :|

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    julie will be with you as well just to make sure tony does not hit one of us he does try to do it blind folded and he not that good lol val
    val