Hi Its debs

Options
minky67
minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
edited 9. Oct 2011, 09:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone, I just wanted to post to say a very big thank you to cris for all her help whilst i was with her & for getting me to my daughters safe.
I also wanted to say thank you for all your messages/texts.
As some of you know i had some trouble on holiday when i was assualted by my (then) stepson & partner. Cris came to my rescue weds night then brought me home on Saturday.
Im ok & staying with my daughter until i can find somewhere else to live.
I cant go home & dont want to.
Ive got a lot to sort out & that all starts tomorrow.
Im so sorry that ive not been around much but this has not been the first time anything like this has happened, ive stupidly stayed & hoped it would get better. They both have problems that i can no longer help with & i cant tolerate being treated the way i have been lately.
Ive had a hell over a rough time over the past 18 or so months but this now brings it to an end.
Thank you to you all & i will stay in touch as i know some of you have been worried about me.
luv n hugs debs

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    bloody hell hun.
    That's awful.. I hope that you can start a fresh life well away from all of that.

Best wishes from me and Ra :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    oh Debs i am sorry that you are having to deal with things like this , but you have made the right choice some people just wont be helped , love and hugs xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i for one am very proud of you it takes strenth to walk away from that kind of enviroment had a pal had to do it it was not easy he tried everything to track her down and talk her into going back but friends looked out for her and she is not happily married to some one else so stay strong know it will not be easy but you will have a far better life ((())) so head up you have done the hardest bit well done val
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Aww Debs I had no idea. :sad: :sad: How absolutely rotten for you but three cheers for Cris. (I can just see her on a white horse with a lance riding to your rescue.)

Hope you get somewhere to live very soon.

Thinking of you.

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Debs,

I'm very sorry to hear this but so glad you've got yourself away from it-with the help of Cris. She's a real star.

(((((()))))) Take care,

love Magenta x
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    String lady you should be proud of yourself, nobody deserves
    that treatment, onwards and upwards now. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Bloody hell. I thank whoever you are out of that situation and the courage to take that step should not be under-estimated. Men like that rarely change, the same for abusive women. Bloody hell minky, the very best to you, take life one day at a time, seek all the help you can, yes? We're here to do whatever we can. I am so sorry, DD ((()))
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    So sorry to hear you have been through such a terrible situation. It takes immense courage and strength of character to walk away.

My thoughts are with you and hoping that things work out for you. It was kind of you to help Cris recently and I am pleased she was there for you.

(((hugs))) to you, Cris and your daughter x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Awww Debs,
    I had no idea.......What a thing to have to put up with and good for you having the courage to walk away from it. Thank goodness you have a daughter to go to. Take it easy...one day at a time and keep in touch when you can.
    Love
    Hileena
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Debs

You have immense strength and courage, getting away from those two must have been very hard.

Imhope that now you move on, baby steps and remember you have lots of friends on here that will support you all the way.
    Dear dear Cris, isnt she great?!

Wishing you lots of luck and sending lots of hugs

Janie xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Debs my love, I am so very sorry to read this, you do not deserve to be treated like this, they are bloody animals....but you have all of us behind you, and our lovely Cris our knight in shining armour...thank god she was there for you.
    Please dont forget if ever you need to talk I am here for you.
    Take care , and wishing you well for a new beginning...
    Lots of love
    Barbara xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    More hugs and positive vibes from me too , you are a very brave lady and should feel proud of yourself . Stay strong and start anew . Jillyb
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debs,

Look at all these people who care... see you have huge value.... you remember that.

What happened to you was appalling and I am pleased I was able to help. Sorry that me and my charger went charging past and to the wrong place :oops:

Hope your not to stiff after the drive it was a long old haul that eh? I also sorry the usual fatigue thing arrived on time but we got there and I got back... via London... I don't know what I did wrong.. one min I am on the M3 the next I am a few miles from central London :lol: I reckon I brought a pyskie and he lead me some astray :wink:

You hang in there and Debs its going to be a bit hard for a min or so but hang in there cus better days are going to come.

Oh and be warmed I will vet the next one :wink:

You did not deserve that and I am so proud of you for leaving him. Debs you will really are strong enough and you got all these folks to help you and keep you buoyant as well as your family. Love, a sleep well draft and a (((((((((( )))))))))) Cris xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning Debs
    Just popping in to say Hi and see how you are

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello minky, I was thinking of you last night, and I am still thinking of you this morning. ((())) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    It takes some guts to remove yourself from a situation like that, but you did the right thing. People like that don't change. I've seen my sister go through the same thing, and her ex was appalling, especially after a drink.

Doesn't matter how nice they can be any other time, it's because they can turn you have done the right thing.

I can only imagine you have a lot of sorting out to do, but at least you can do it now knowing you are in charge of your own life and you can do what you want to do.

Very special hugs for you.

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Debs
    Im still thinking about you, just take it one day at a time...and you will get there .
    Take care
    Sending you loads of hugs ((((())) wish I could give them for real..
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    aww debs

I am so sorry to read this thread (and I am a day late :oops: ) but I am glad that you had the help of lovely skezier and that you are now safe with your daughter.
    Sending you hugs ((((((())))))) , don't really know what else to say.

I am thinking of you
    Love Juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hi Debs.
    i'm so sorry that happened to you.you did the right thing i know its hard but it will work out alright in the end.
    we all care about you((((((((debs))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm so sorry about this, Debs but proud of you for walking away. It's the only solution. You are one strong lady. Well done.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Debs

l am so glad you have posted so you can receive support from all the wonderful people on here.

Things will work out for you l promise.

You have done the right thing - l did not want to read about you in take a break magazine

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi All,

Debs said last night she has a bit of internet trouble but I will let her know about all this support cus she really needs some.

As Toni said you are wonderful people. xx

Hi Debs if you do get to get in a (((((((((( )))))))))) and a nudge from Flo xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Debs
    Isnt it typical....internet problems just when you need support :roll: :roll:
    As soon as you get it sorted get back on please because we do worry about you
    Love
    Hileena
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time Debs.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Thank you all for you lovely messages.
    Im doing ok apart from a rough day trying to sort benefits out :x Seems he gets the money & I get a crisis loan that i have to pay back :x Im writing to them about this as its so wrong.
    Ringing a few centres tomorrow but looks like i'll be going in refuge for a bit til i can get rehoused. Quickest way & i'll get more help & support that way too.
    I'll keep in contact one way or another so please dont worry, im doing ok.
    Dont feel so strong sometimes but i'll get there.
    Thank you your all lovely people :grin:

Cris recharge that charger it goes the wrong way :wink::lol: & they'll be no vetting needed as im steering clear of all male species.
    Take care everyone
    luv debs xx