Hi Its debs

Options

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Debs,

Oh flower, you have done the right thing by getting away from it all. I remember you saying that things were getting difficult a good while back.

It must have been a frustrating day for you but you have made a good start and although does not feel like it now, things will get better and you will have your own place to make your sanctuary.

You will get there Debs of that I am sure.

Lots of hugs,
    Lv, I x
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Debs,

Sorry it didnt go too well today but at least you have been given some advice.
    I wouldnt worry about the crisis loan i expect that they will back date your money anyway which i would expect equalls out the loan? Just seems harsh though doesnt it?

I am sure the refuge places will give you lots of support ,help and advice.

Please keep strong and like i have told you many times you know where i am any time!

Along with all these lovely people we are here for you :grin:

Love Rose x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Debs, I've only just caught up with this thread, and I'm so sorry that you are having such a difficult time. You were extremely brave to get yourself out of the situation you were in, and well done to Cris for helping you.
    I do hope that life will treat you more kindly in the future.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Debbie, I am sorry I've only just read your post. You brave lady, getting yourself away from a situation like you were in, and it does take courage on your part. And very glad that you had Chris to help you out. Your at your daughters now till they put you into sheltered housing which is probably the best place for you at the moment with other women in simular circumstances.

You can now start yourself a new life and begin to enjoy yourself. You have shown great strength, keep it up and things will become easier for you. You should be so proud of yourself, it does take a lot of courage.

I am thinking of you

karen xx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning debs

Just to say I am stilll thinking of you and sending more hugs ((((())))

Love Juliepf x
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Thank you again for your kind words.
    Im still at my daughters, rung housing today & there sending out forms for rehousing me. Might take a while but ive got numbers for womens aid just incase i need them.
    I dont like putting on people but my daughters BF says i can stay here as long as needed :grin:
    Ive got to register with a new gp but my old surgery were lovely to me & sent down my prescription for a month.
    Everyone ive spoken to about my circumstances have been so nice (Apart from a snotty woman about my money :x )
    I'll get there, im resting well, nice hot bath everyday & good meals. My daughters great bless her & my other daughter is coming to see me tonight. I lost alot of time with my girls as i was so far away & he didnt make it eassy for them to come & stay :sad: Ive got all that back now & im so happy for that.
    Everything will fall into place soon im sure.
    Im being strong & keeping busy.
    Onwards & upwards is the only way now.
    Thank you again for your support, luv debs
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Debs
    How lovely that at long last you can spend time with your daughters, and dont worry about putting on them, Im sure you would have done the same for them.
    There is some good coming out of all this, and you are finding out just how strong you can be.
    Dont forget we are always here for you
    Sending you loads of hugs (((())) and love xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Debs

I do hope the housing forms come through quicker than you expect, but it is lovely to know that you can stay with your daughter as long as you need to.

Keep strong, and take care
    Love juliepf x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi debs

I'm so glad to read that you are finding great support from being with your girls... and the BF sounds like a good guy too. :wink:

Just to mention.... I used to work in homelessness and thought it worth saying to you to apply for permanent housing under 'Homeless legislation' in addition to the normal housing application. You have an automatic priority for housing as you've had to leave your home due to violence from your partner and step-son. It's a separate application to the 'normal' housing waiting list form so please ask to speak to whoever deals with homelessness for your daughter's local authority area.

Good luck debs... stay strong.

Iris xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Debs
    That is great that you can spend time with your daughters and you are getting such strength from them.
    BF sounds very nice as well :grin:

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Debs, I've read your post and the following messages, you are one strong lady, having the guts to turn around and leave that relationship after so long took alot of bravery and guts! And I hope you didn't look back!
    It is good to have a close family & friends network round you at this time while you sort what you want to do and how to proceed with it. So keep your friends close and your immediate family closer. Knowing you have alot of love round you is a big help. Again well done for walking away. As you know you have a family/ friends here at Arthritis care, if you ever need someone to talk just PM me. :) Amanda/bubbadog
  • ironic
    Options
    Hi debs,
    Oh I am so pleased that both your daughters are with you, I hope you had a good catch up last night.
    It is a long journey for you but as I said you have made the first steps and you will get there. That was nice of your old surgery to send you a prescription it will have taken a weight off your mind.
    Sending you lots of good vibes Debs, I am thinking of you.

Lv, I x
  • minky67
    Options
    Aw Thank yoiu again for yoiur messages, it really helps.
    Im not looking back at all, once i can arrange to get my personal things back here & my bird then i will be happier. Not sure about the bigger things even though i brought most of it, i might have to leave it & start again. Its only furniture after all not much to give up after an abusive relationship of 7yrs.

I applied for a free bus pass today & that should be here Friday. Bus's are so expensive :eek:

Got all my meds now & just have to get a new gp, im trying to do one thing at a time as ive got letters to write,passwords to change etc etc. Nearly there though.

Thank you again as reading your messages really helps me.
    Take care all, luv debs
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Debs. Good on ya lass..
    I hope that things continue to keep getting better for you hun :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Debs

So so sorry to be catching up and to have just seen this thread. :sad: I do so want to add my own hugs and sincere best wishes that you find the strength to get all these changes sorted.

I have so missed seeing you post as you once did. Such an emotional and draining time for you with so much to deal with at the moment. I add hugs and resiliance love, as many others have done here and do keep in touch when you can. ((( )))
    love
    Chris xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Debs
    Well done you!!! You are really coming on....and as you say the bigger things are only furniture.
    OPne thing at a time....you are very brave
    Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debs,

Losing the big stuff isn't the end of the world flower and when your settled and got your own place its sometimes good to find your own untainted by memory or associations.

Glad you will get the bus pass that will so make things easier for you and leaving tea and a (((((((((( ))))))))))) and well done for staying strong flower. Love Cris xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Debs just having a catch up here and there , you are doing brilliantly with good family support you will stay strong , the woman's aid are good places if at any time you don't feel safe and can offer lots of advice and support , your home is waiting for you which will be you own little sanctuary , furniture is replaceable and there are so many organisations that can offer help , hugs a bundle xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Debs good for you, it cant be easy but like you say dont look back, I hope you get your bird back very soon.
    Now you take care of yourself
    Love
    Barbara
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi, Yes your all right about the furniture, Ive looked around & second hand sofas etc are going so cheap.
    I got the housing forms today & going in to the housing Monday as ive got to see someone face to face. Im limited on ID & some bits of the form i cant fill in & need dsome help as its not relevant. Got the medical/ Health problem forms too & there all filled in, nearly needed another form :lol:
    I'll keep you up to date.
    Thanks again, debs
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Debs

just had to pop on and say WELL DONE!
    and also to say I'm thinking of you.

one thing at a time is a great way to go.

hugs ((()))
    WOnky xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    morning Debs you are not alone we still all here xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debs,

I so hope it will go well today Debs and just wanted to say your going in the right sirection and little steps are better than an all out run.

Hang in there flower and it will all come good in the end. ((((( ))))) and tea Cris xx
  • ironic
    Options
    Hi Debs,
    I hope you can have a break from the form filling and just chill this weekend, at lot to ask I know as your mind will still be in a whirl.

Yes I agree, if you can get your own furniture, fresh start all round then. I hope Monday goes well for you and you get another step forward.

Lots of hugs Debs you really are doing great and I am cheering for you.

Lv, I x
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Debs,

Good luck tomorrow hope you hear something soon :grin:

Rose x