A positive thing about Arthur...Think hard lol

Options

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Rhyscous wrote:
    Mmmm a good thing about arthur, ive been able to get out of pointless school/college trips which cost ridiculous prices! before i got arthritis i used to think it was the end of the world when i had a slight cold or headache, but when i developed it i realised that people take things for granted, there is always someone who is worse off than you, When people moan about a little knock or want lots of attention because they've got a slight ache, i would love to put those people in OUR shoes for a few weeks to understand! Arthur has definetly matured me as a person as ive had to make alot of big decisions, keep up to date with my medication, get to all the hospital appointments, I may have become a better person due to this (Cant believe i said that)

Rhys xx

Well said Rhys..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    THIS FORUM :grin::grin::grin:
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    for me its knowing that with the forum i am not alone in this journey , meeting the lovely Cris , xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • traluvie
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    for me its knowing that with the forum i am not alone in this journey , meeting the lovely Cris , xx

I agree Berty there are some wonderful people on here..x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    The support that I've already had from everyone on here, even though I'm relatively new still.
    The support from my partner.
    The fact that as I can't go window shopping I've been able to save a little nest egg.
    My blue badge and my motability car.
    The kindness of my work colleagues.
    The new ability to focus on what I can do and forget about the rest.
    To have a positive attitude to this and to count my blessings!
    Grace.
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • paddyw
    paddyw Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Hi R A made me slow ,sometimes stops you dead,for the frist time in my life i feel calm,no rush as i cant! I can say" no cant do it" and most people understand. Full of anxiety all my life -no more dont have the energy! And getting on this forum knowing i can ask most things and get help from lots of super people Pat W
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    The positives
    meeting u guys on here
    out of rat race called work
    I have hobbies,creative writing, book club on garden focus group friends group of a library all of which i would not have done before or even thought of.
    Time to smell and sit out in the roses
    time to enjoy life
    free bus pass
    new friends
    discovered a love of listening books it was nice Robert Powell reading me a story in my bed. Then Michael McIntyre made me laugh telling me his life story. really lifted my spirits while i was ill.
    Joanne
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Easy peasy...... ;)
    Firstly, you lovely people and this wonderful place.
    Secondly, I have realised that human beings can be very kind and helpful. I've met some truly amazing health professionals who I've felt have wanted to genuinely help me and seen me as a person, not a patient.
    Thirdly, it's opened my eyes to the challenges people with disabilities face and I know this will help me a lot both academically and when I go on placement next year. (For those who don't know, I've just started an undergraduate social work degree.)
  • traluvie
    Options
    I too have realised the difficulties disabled people come across in day to day life and have come across a few things i have mentioned to people, ie heavy doors, space for people with wheelchairs or crutches..
    I have also realised not to judge others on something that i do not understand,..
    It is a learning process and although it is hard at times i am enjoying the things i am learning and the people i talk to on here..
  • dee2010
    dee2010 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    for me not having to work so i can appreciate the time with my son.
    Also meet some nice people that have helped me.
    RA since feb 2010

methotrexate, plaquenil, prednisolone, diclafeac, tramadol, co-codamol, enbrel

**Davina**
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Positive things............I can't work, I get to play with my grandson, I get to cuddle my new granddaughter, a lovely OH, liquid lunch, in fact I get to do all the things I couldn't do when I worked.......mowing the grass, cleaning the windows, shopping, running parents round :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Life isn't perfect, but nearly!
  • traluvie
    Options
    I can do my christmas shopping online..

Spent most of the day searching the net for xmas presents and have ordered nearly half..I am so pleased lol, saves all that struggle up town which i had no chance of doing lol.. :lol:
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Positive things about having Arther:-

1.) Found this forum when I was in a dark place on the edge of cracking (thank goodness)
    2.) Met alot of great people who are more like family now!
    3.) Get great seats when I go to concerts!! And sometimes free seat for my OH lucky bugger!!!
  • traluvie
    Options
    I am about to meet Bubbadog from the forum and we are off to see breaking dawn at the cinema on friday, i think it is great that we have met on here and are able to help and support eachother locally..

I speak and keep in touch with some lovely people on here and they have been my rock lately and kept me going rather than feeling sorry for myself :lol::lol:

So would just like to thank you all and say how chuffed i am to have joined here and to have made friends and hopefully make more.. :smile:
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    My positive is meeting people like you Traluvie.
    Thanxs you know who you are.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • traluvie
    Options
    CJHunter wrote:
    My positive is meeting people like you Traluvie.
    Thanxs you know who you are.xx

You getting soppy in ya old age.. :lol::lol:

ahhh thanks luvie..xxx
  • CJHunter
    Options
    Less of the old you :wink:
    Not that much older than you.

I blame the drugs man, :lol:
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • traluvie
    Options
    CJHunter wrote:
    Less of the old you :wink:
    Not that much older than you.

I blame the drugs man, :lol:

lmao... need to blame something i suppose Clare , :wink::lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    A positive for me on Saturday. I went on my annual coach trip to Brighton, officially for Xmas shopping but I just go to meet my daughter who lives there and have a wander, slowly and carefully and drink copius amounts of tea.
    Anyway when I got to the coach it was a steep climb upstairs to the seats but I could not manage even the first step so I had to sit in the posh bit downstairs with the T.V and tables and very comfy seats.

Sadly, although my day was fantastic I have had massive payback and have painfully seized up. Should be back in the land of the living soonish.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Another positive is getting to know traluvie, and having the chance to get out of my house for the 1st time socially in years!! True I haven't been out on my own with someone for around 4yrs now! So I'm so excited about my cinema trip! Can't thank you enough traluvie!! And I hope to get to know CJHunter as I've heard so many good things about you!
  • CJHunter
    Options
    Ahh thanks Bubba, u can call me Clare :wink:
    Its nice to hear good things are being said bout me, esp when feeling rubbish at mo.
    Hope u enjoy yr cinema trip, if lived closer would have tagged along too.

Never ming am meeting up with woodbon soon, so that will be great.
    Xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Having arthur puts things into perspective and makes me realise what is really important in life. Mainly, it's people- friends and family. It also gives me a deeper empathy for other people who are suffering in any way.

I'm very grateful to this site as I've made some very good friends through it, several of whom I've now met.

I also started to attend an art group which I found via this site. I have made friends there too, and have become very keen on painting, which is now my main hobby and interest.

My blue badge- I wouldn't like to be without it :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    My positive is getting my orthotic shoes i can walk pain free,getting to know all the wonderful people on here,couldnt leave that out.Mig
  • totoes
    totoes Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Not having to rush in a morning to take my shower, having the time to let the warm water soothe my shoulder. Now I've established my morning routine, being able to do it, and for once in my life, have time to look after myself! (Unless of course I'm sent back to work, then I'm back to square one. Until then....)

Thankyou for the warm welcomes, think i've dropped lucky here :wink: xx
  • traluvie
    Options
    Met Bubbadog from the forum yesterday and we went to the cinema and had a scrummy hot chocolate with cream afterwards, was lush..
    Was so nice to meet someone who can understand and relate and now we will be able to do more things to together...