Options
13»

Comments

• arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Quite disappointed you don't like Arthur, I am really a nice guy :lol:
    but I know what you mean, I can be a pain at times but you soon get used to my sense of humour :lol:
    You are right you must think positive, and whatever you do keep those chuckle muscles going.

Arfa
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    my positive is the great feeling when steroid injection doing its job and being able to breath and lead a near normal life val
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I discovered I had a talent for watercolour painting which I never knew was there till arthur came to stay. I sit back and look on a piece of my finished work and can't believe I've done it. k060.gif

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • lindalegs
    Options
    arfaitis wrote:
    Quite disappointed you don't like Arthur, I am really a nice guy :lol:
    but I know what you mean, I can be a pain at times but you soon get used to my sense of humour :lol:
    You are right you must think positive, and whatever you do keep those chuckle muscles going.

Arfa

Not like arthus, us???????????????????? How can you say that we share not just our home with him but our beds too :wink:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    A positive thing about arthur is it's not an illness you have to indure alone, it's a common illness that many people around the world will have so you don't have to suffer alone!!

th_emoticon.jpg
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Was just wondering if anyone had any positive things about arthur to say??
    so bumped up..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • peridotlouise
    peridotlouise Member Posts: 81
    Options
    a positive thing about arthur...

before i was diagnosed, and i didn't have symptoms of RA. i completely took health for granted. utterly. i never thought i would be diagnosed with something that i would have to live with and manage for the rest of my life.

i have learnt that you shouldn't take anything for granted. what you have one day you might not the next, and to try and live life as full as possible. health wise or not, anything in life can come and go. to let myself be happy when the good times come, instead of getting annoyed about small things that aren't actually worth worrying about.

when i have a day when i'm not feeling tired and nauseous from the meds, not as stiff or feeling the pain, i really appreciate those days.

i think it's made me become a more understanding and caring person as well.

i've become a more glass half full person :)

it's hard. sometimes i have a good cry, but sometimes you just need to remember what you have in life that makes you LUCKY in ways. family, friends, your hobbies and interests, what makes you...you.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Well-said Louise :D

thanks. Did me good to think again.

LOve

Toni xxx
  • traluvie
    Options
    Staying wrapped up in the warm when its snow outside..
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Not being woke up when it's freezing outside and getting extra sleep and snuggleing under the quilt
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    YOU. xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Meeting new friends (enjoying long catchup's you know who you are. thank you it brightens my day)
    Hearing about Cris' girls (i now have an image of sheep eating custard creams)
    having a restored faith in human kindness people will hold doors open and give up their seats and finding a boss who is kind and understanding and also value's what i can do all the more because of the ra
    having a wonderful hubby who fills up my hot water bottle and puts my pyjamas on the radiator to warm to help my aching jointsand who when we are out always reminds me to take my pills at the right time.

Tracey
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Yeah thats easy
    if i never had RA i would not have a wheel chair

If i never had RA and all the associated stuff i would not be on first name terms with most of the medical staff at Faz hospital.

If i never had RA i would have to go on holidays to nice sunny beachy places.

If i never had RA i could be at work now

If i never had RA i could pick up my grand kids and hug them
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • lindalegs
    Options
    madwestie wrote:

having a wonderful hubby who fills up my hot water bottle and puts my pyjamas on the radiator to warm
    Tracey

How come my hubby hides my pyjamas???????? :wink::lol:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • traluvie
    Options
    I was having a bad afternoon yesterday and was getting very frustrated at not being able to do things.
    After an emotional out burst, i was comforted by my kids, given a cup of tea and told to sit down in the garden while they were mowing etc. I sat there and looked at them and instantly i felt happyt inside, This blasted disease my make me frustrated but my kids always seem to brighten my day..
  • soph
    soph Member Posts: 10
    Options
    My Dr S***ll warming massaging foot muff thing. Heaven on a cold day, tucked up reading.
    Soph
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Meeting new friends who are helping me through hard times at the minute. You know who you are! :) After feeling like their was something wrong with me as a person when I thought I had a friend one day and the next boom gone! Especially at a delicate time. These people have shown me true friendship and I'm grateful for that.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    If arther had not found me i would not know what it was like to have bad pain and aching every day.
    and i would not have found this lovely forum where people are so kind and helpfull and you all understand what we are all going through so thank you everyone of you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    having the time at home with my children. i used to work full time but am in too much pain now and my husband is my carer but being at home alot does mean im around my children more and i cant argue with that x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Bumped up for earthspirit
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    Bumped up for earthspirit

why thank you stickywicket!

i feel really sorry for people who are ill, with any disease, who get little understanding care or compassion from close friends and family. illness breaks up marriages and friendships.

those of us who are fortunate and have good support and love around us are indeed lucky!
  • merri
    merri Member Posts: 190
    Options
    For me, as odd as it seems, although it has brought with it so many negatives and changed my life completely, it has also bought positives. Through it I have realised how strong I am, has weakened, yet strengthened my relationship with my husband, has made me stop and take stock of my life, of where it is going, and has made me appreciate the smaller things in life. Where a weekend away before would be a big deal and a big thing to look forward to, these days it might be an afternoon out or a trip to the cinema.

It's also made me appreciate how much I love the job that I do, which I didn't realise when I was doing it every day without issue. Now it's so much harder but I get much more out of it.
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Nice to read such positives from you all, of course just because Arthur treats us badly, sometimes he goes away, obviously we wish he would go for good.
    We don't just get Arthur but he does us damage inside, like liver and kidneys etc. but once again there is a positive side, remission every so often.
    Rituximab puts me in remission every year, and the positive I have is that Arthur hasn't visited me for a couple of years, and my consultant said there is no reason for it not to remain like this for the rest of my life. Yipeee!
    My lovely positive is I had a few heart attacks after a bypass op went wrong, but that is another story.
    But because of my heart I have to exercise quite a lot, my Arthur consultant said she didn't like it, but my heart was more important than Arthur.
    So now I go to the gym 6 days a week, I am now able to walk without my stick, I can play badminton and table tennis, and I have taken up Archery.
    To be honest I feel I am free after 40+ years of chronic pain, but Arthur is always there in the background in my blood results, and another positive is the drugs are able to put that right, so keep up your positive thoughts, things can only get better.
    Good luck and be painfree, love to you all.

Arfa
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Bumped up for Highandlow
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright