A new girl on the block

mona
mona Member Posts: 3
edited 8. Nov 2011, 13:39 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone in pain out there, just want to introduce myself. I am 44 and was told 3 years ago that i had rhuematoid arthritis since then my life has changed dramatically. I have never had a day without pain most days i find it hard to move and this last 2 weeks my back has been so sore so thats a new spot, as they say it's very much alive!! I am on methotrexate and have started humira injection earlier this year which i thought was going to answer all my prayers :sad: . I take tramodol and paracetomol for pain and have tried alot of relaxation and holistic therapies as well. Oh i do hope there is a light at the end of this very long tunnel :???: Just to tell you though i have the most supportive family who must be so sick of me grunting and groaning by now. Oh but the biggest laugh of all is i have been an insulin diabetic for the last 33 years. how lucky can one girl be :lol: Am looking forward to being able to chat on here and have an auld rant now and again :smile:

Comments

• CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome. You have joined a lovely bunch on here. Post on living with as more people go there.
    Sorry you needed to join but as you have a big
    :smile: and hug ((()))

See you around.
    Xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Morning Mona,

Welcome to the forum,

You have come to the right place to have a rant, we are a good bunch on here and understand what you are going through.
    Makes the world of difference to have a supportive family behind you.
    I am 32 with 2 children and inflammatory arthritis in elbows, wrists, ankles,and feet and oa in knees and fingers.I have been having pain in hips and back which is drastically affecting my mobility i had xray over 5 weeks ago and am waiting for report to come through..It seems to work it's way around the body attacking new places, be good if it would just bugger off lol.. :lol:
    Look forward to seeing you around..x
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    Hello welcome to the forums, I am pretty new to them too and have found so much advice and info to help on here. As they say it is a pity you had to join but there is lots of support on here and everyone is in the same boat so understands our pain.
  • mona
    mona Member Posts: 3
    :grin: Thanks soo much everyone didn't know what to do about going on the forum but i'm glad i did, now i can have a chat with you all looking forward to the new experience.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi there Mona

Welcome, do come and join us on the other zones, where most of us hang out.

Hope to see you posting there soon,

Hugs
    Elna x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hi Mona and welcome from me :grin:

I see you have discovered that these AI diseases do not like to be alone, they tend to come in groups. I am losing count of my 'labels' :oops: Peeps on here understand though.

Who's Online

Grizelda
Grizelda
Keef
Keef
+4 Guests