Not much has changed

Options
2»

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you DD. That is how I feel. We all have an opinion and it is often challenged and we have to accept that.But we can challenge the challenge.
    In fact you Rehab have ridiculed posters for not coming back to defend themselves in the past and frequently refer to people who have left the forum. So make your mind up!
    'Who cares about them' you said....so why mention it in the first place!

I'm having a splendid day.

I would have thought anyone saying the forum was boring would put off some posters. For some it is important to be able to post their day. Just have an understanding of their needs please everybody.

The friends I am referring to were not banned for the reasons you give. It isn't attacking other posters posts I object to ,it is the insulting name calling. There is no need for it. As I said before your post to independent women was fine apart from the mocking 'Mary Whitehouse'. Again I saw no need for it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Did you know it costs Apple about £130 to make the new iPhone which they sell for £499?

People can challenge a point, surely, and tkachev has done so - why the assumption a bad day is being had? I didn't take much notice of ichabod's post as - delightful though he is when he does post - he's not on here that often (compared to some :oops: ) hence the appearance that not a lot has changed on CC. That is because it doesn't and it doesn't change that much on the other forums either. Week-ends are often quieter anyway due to family commitments, shopping or - in my case - being in a pub for much of it. DD

I just assumed it was a bad day, 3 consecutive unhappy posts in the space of 9 minutes made me believe that the poster was less than happy
    In the interest of band width and verbosity I would have combined al my concerns in one short hard hitting grump about the unfairness of the human condition and that my boiled egg this morning was not cooked correctly

No unhappiness just answering to the posts.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :lol::lol: Elna loves this. :lol::lol:

Rehab has lost it! :lol:

"Rather than pick holes in your response Elizabeth I think it is time to call it a day don't you ?, so I forgive you" :lol::lol:

Thank you for the entertainment, Rehab. :grin:
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    :wink::grin::grin:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hello Rehab44,

This sounds interesting.
    The fillet of a fenny snake and the other ingredients you
    mention in your last post might make a pie to chew on.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    ichabod6 wrote:
    Hello Rehab44,

This sounds interesting.
    The fillet of a fenny snake and the other ingredients you
    mention in your last post might make a pie to chew on.

As long as you don't add a can of worms to it :shock: :lol::lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ichabod6
    Options
    Why not, Joan?

Remember?

"Long thin scraggy ones, short fat juicy one ...... bite
    all their heads off, suck all the juice off, throw the skins
    away ...... how well we feed on worms each day."

Might add flavour.
  • tkachev
    Options
    But this is just attacking the poster Rehab and not the post. I thought you said you didn't do that!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Elizabeth, Rehab has tried to make peace with you:

Rather than pick holes in your response Elizabeth I think it is time to call it a day don't you ?, so I forgive you

I think it's time that you stopped all this unfriendliness as it's spoiling the forum.

Joan
  • tkachev
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:

Rather than pick holes in your response Elizabeth I think it is time to call it a day don't you ?, so I forgive you

I think it's time that you stopped all this unfriendliness as it's spoiling the forum.

Joan

Excuse me Joan but Rehab posted the witches poem to me and Elna- AFTER his request. I was prepared to stop.
    Is he not referring to Elna and I as being witches, albeit in his usual 'disguised attack'? If I was to do the same to him I can guarantee he'd be hufffing and puffing.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    See this is a typical example of you all having your say, however unfriendly, and then expecting us to remain quiet or you all having a go when we defend ourselves.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

Joan
    Thanks for that Joan but I am afraid that it will fall on deaf ears. The above 2 posts confirm that It is very ironic that what Elizabeth is doing is exactly what she complaining about.
    I am sure that newbies coming onto this forum and reading her posts will think how unfriendly she is with her constant attacks.
    I do believe there is an hidden agenda here and that maybe the puppetmaster is making his marionettes dance to his tune :lol:

Anyway I have offered her the hand of peace but if it continues I will regretfully have no option other than to make a complaint

Elizabeth, time to back off love there is no point you getting into bother because of someone else

See again you use that old chestnut. You did that to Jan accused her of causing trouble.
    If you post inflammatory comments then I have a right to defend.
    Calling new posters Mary whitehouse is not good for the forum either. I note you posted about 'harpies'. Don't you think that is meant as an insult.
    So Rehab you are doing all the troublemaking here.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    No marionettes and no puppetmaster. Again that is your misguided perception.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    And i will put in a complaint about you posting the witches poem after you had a said you would stop posting and I did indeed stop posting,

E

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    No I like to post about one thing and then I can concentrate on the next point . It is much easier that way.

E

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    True. I will do that from now on.

E

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Who is nit picking now, Rehab? :wink:Elizabeth can post as many times as she likes. Surely you are not gong to put in a complaint to the mods about Elizabeth, are you Rehab? You always go on about the rest of us running to the mods. I thought it would be the last thing you would do.

Rehab you apologised, much earlier on in this thread, which was excellent, but unfortunately you could not let it go at that. You never can. You lost it back there, accept it. It is no big deal, in the grand scheme of things. If you were referring to me as a witch, it went way above my head. Sorry to disappoint. I like witches.

Have a great weekend, :grin:

Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    I accept other people's failings too, Rehab, but I also accept my own. I believe this is where we choose to differ greatly. :grin::lol::lol:

Elna x

• joanlawson
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I find all this conflict of personalities on here very upsetting. The silly thing is that if you all were ever to meet up in person, you would probably get on really well and be friends. I can guarantee that Rehab (Len) would have both Elizabeth and Elna smiling in seconds. :grin:

Things can get out of all proportion on here, so time to bury the hatchet and be friends now please everyone.

thertadf.jpg

Joan
  • ichabod6
    Options
    Bugger me. I am away again this time only for a short time
    and what do I find? My post has been hijacked and people are
    making assertions and banging off at each other and nobody
    apart from delightful delicious double diamond dream daisy has
    made any relevant response to my original queries.

Ah well! Not much has changed.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Joan had neatly tidied up this post and ended it on a good note. Can we leave at that Ichabod?

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    I don't know about anyone else, but I find all this conflict of personalities on here very upsetting. The silly thing is that if you all were ever to meet up in person, you would probably get on really well and be friends. I can guarantee that Rehab (Len) would have both Elizabeth and Elna smiling in seconds. :grin:

Things can get out of all proportion on here, so time to bury the hatchet and be friends now please everyone.

thertadf.jpg

Joan

I totally agree with you Joan,this was my immediate reaction when I read your post.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)